"Parking Charge" £70 Euro Car Parks?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

May be worth a complaint to the CSA and / or Trading Standards - will cost this errant company management time and hassle if nothing else.

1st letter - "firm instructions from our client to commence Litigation and obtain Judgement against you....respond in 5 days"

Note unnecessary use of Capitals

2nd letter goes backwords "proceedings may commence"

If 1. was true what is the point in 2. Unless of course controlaccount are telling porkies and they have no such mandate from Euro Car Parks. Apparent deliberate misrepresentations such as this all disallowed under any number of different acts.

Also their letter goes to great lengths to point out the bother you could be in IF YOU FAIL TO PAY ANY JUDGEMENT.

I would assume anyone who was unfortunate enough to be taken to court by them, and subsequently lost the case, would have to bite the bullet and pay up. At the very least I think it is for the court to point out to you the possible implications of not paying the judgement, not the PPC who are clearly only doing it at this stage to frighten you into paying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

speak of the devils............

G24 just piped up

qweasdzxc.jpg

"please don't continue to ignore us IGNORING US WILL NOT WORK

PLEASE PAY THE DEBT THAT YOU OWE, OR CALL AND TALK TO US ON..... "

They having a laugh or what !!!!

Just called them, waited for option to speak to someone, recording saying no one to take my call (well it is quarter to two in the morning) and was cut off - I did try ;-)

Edited by p.s.

did you ring the 0870 0427215 number ?

??

No I rang the number on the document 08701120543

It reads to me, I have the option to "PAY THE DEPT THAT I OWE" or "CALL AND TALK TO THEM"

I opted not to pay but to call and talk, but no one was there (see time above)

You do realise that an 0870 telephone number is quite expensive, and that the dca/ppc usually get a cut of the telephone call. I would refuse to use the 0870 and put money in their pockets. I did notice a cheaper telephone number starting 0845 on their letter, if you must call them then use that number.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

You do realise that an 0870 telephone number is quite expensive, and that the dca/ppc usually get a cut of the telephone call. I would refuse to use the 0870 and put money in their pockets. I did notice a cheaper telephone number starting 0845 on their letter, if you must call them then use that number.

regards

I was hoping to leave a message on an ansaphone to be honest. No intention of entering into a conversation or even ringing it again.

Thanks anyway

• 4 weeks later...

Hi have been following this chain over the last few months - have been hit with a ticket for parking in tesco in glasgow - for being outwith a parking bay - have sent them 2 letters so far asking for proof of who was driving , the legal framework they are acting under and completely denying any liability - they have now stopped communicating with me and I have had 2 letters from G walkers a well known sheriffs officers and debt collectors in Glasgow claiming a final notice and that they are in the process fo taking me to court and it could affect my credit rating - the letters were actually sent to my employers ( a charity for disabled adults ) as it is a company car - have to confess my bottle is going a little as this feels very threatening - and mt employers are obviously concerned and I imagine will be putting pressure on me soon to pay up - any advice support very welcome

Of course the debt collectors will threaten to kidnap your children, leave you homeless and hungry. Remember it's their job to scare you into paying because they don't want to go to court, just get the money for their client and take a cut.

Scary letters are really the only tool they have.

They are completely powerless though. Most people moving rented house will have experienced a tide of debt collection letters for previous tenants. Nothing ever happens though :-)

Sit back and relax or send them a quick letter back just saying "No debt is owed. Please refer back to your client".

Hi Rosebud33,

Explain to your employers that this is not the same as a Council or Police fixed penalty, this is a invoice issued by a Private Parking Company that has no more legal status than my dog, wonder if I can train him to issue tickets, the PPC's seem to have achieved it with monkeys!!!

regards

Hi Have now explained to my employer about the nature of the demand and showed them my last 2 letters asking for proof and legality and they seem fine - will try and scan and clean up 2 recent letters from sheriffs officers and post them for scrutiny.

feeling less panicky now and ready to go the distance

thanks for advice and support with this

Hi Have now explained to my employer about the nature of the demand and showed them my last 2 letters asking for proof and legality and they seem fine - will try and scan and clean up 2 recent letters from sheriffs officers and post them for scrutiny.

feeling less panicky now and ready to go the distance

thanks for advice and support with this

Hi again Rosebud,

Make sure that your employers do not pay this invoice behind your back then give you the bill, has happened usually with hire and lease vehicles.

Good on you standing firm.

regards

DOnt Dont Dont Pay Them, I received the same 'fine', it arrived in the post weeks after the alleged offenced and when I checked out the dates as I never had anything put on my windscreen in any car park, I discovered I wasnt even there on that date. The best thing you can do is follow the advice given on this site, send the template letter ie im the registered owner contact the driver, then do nothing and admittedly the letters of 'threats' keep arriving, then I had the debt collector letter, I wrote back saying I didnt have an account as they said I did with their client and said nothing more. Theyve written several more times with the usual threats and I have ignored their letters and its been 3 months now and they appear to have gone away. I work hard for my money and scumbags like this will not be taking it away from me without a fight, what they are doing is illegal, immoral and they prey on vlnerable people. Keep your money in your pocket where it belongs.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks