15 yr old son got fine, Bailiffs hounding gran for £271!!! urgent advice needed!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Was the fine from a magistrate court and are the bailif's court appointed?? You may find the government website useful.

What bailiffs can and can't do

If County Court bailiffs come to your home, you don't have to let them in.

They can't force their way in on their first visit, but they can enter through an open window, or an unlocked door. Forced entry includes pushing past you once you have opened the door to them or leaving their foot in the door to prevent you closing it. Such action would make the whole process illegal.

Bailiffs trying to recover money you owe to HMRC are allowed to break into your home, providing they have a magistrates' warrant.

Bailiffs recovering unpaid magistrates' court fines, however, do have the power to force entry.

Please look at :

Bailiffs and debt collectors : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

Also I have to add that i have been watching this thread for a little while now and i have been thinking about it while cooking my roast..hehehe...have you thought about contacting your local MP and asking for his/her help?? You can find your local MP and contact them directly here:

WriteToThem - Email or fax your Councillor, MP, MEP, MSP or Welsh, NI, London Assembly Member for free

All I can say is Good Luck and I sincerely hope things work out okay for you!

In my view the police have been given so much power - swear and you are arrested

I think if you look into it you will find something much deeper. The police wont arrest you for simply swearing in the street. They will warn you and send you on the way.

To get arrested for swearing you need to become a right pain in the ass and refuse a good few opportunities to walk away.

Its a waste of time and man power dealing with kids with no respect or discipline and the last thing the police want to do is spend hours filling in the paperwork on how some gobby kid would not shut his mouth when told.

Ask your local police station if they have a 'ride along scheme' and go out on a shift with them and see what they have to deal with on a daily basis. Gobby kids swearing in the street is the least of there problems.

Hi,

Only comment here is that someone stated previously that the bailiff can only gain peaceful entry and not force entry.

Can we just look at that and understand that it is a Magistrates fine and as such the certificated bailiff does have the power to force entry under the powers given to them by the courts. They can drill the locks and gain collateral for the debt. However I must say that this is extremely rare and only happens in the extreme of cases, but the bailiff has power to force entry.

Derek

while not wanting to lose the tread of the baliffs, I disagree re police spending time on gobby kids, especially if known to them, as I said in my view it helps with crime figures and causes the kids to spend time in the cell's and then go to court. I am the one who waste's time having to go to the police station and wait while they fill in paperwork.

Thats why I am not making excuses for my prodogy, I am frsutrated as hell by him.

Also each time you are stopped / arrested by the police shows on any CRB check, whether you committed a crime or not, so bang goes his chances of working in certain jobs, which again frustrates and saddens me.

Please note the fine was set in the youth courts, by a magistrate, so I assume it comes under the same rules re baliffs and power of entry.

Has anyone got any idea's please re legalitee's of appropriate adult being responsable for this??

Cheers all - at least I got something off my chest this weekend!!!!

while not wanting to lose the tread of the baliffs, I disagree re police spending time on gobby kids, especially if known to them, as I said in my view it helps with crime figures and causes the kids to spend time in the cell's and then go to court. I am the one who waste's time having to go to the police station and wait while they fill in paperwork.

Thats why I am not making excuses for my prodogy, I am frsutrated as hell by him.

Also each time you are stopped / arrested by the police shows on any CRB check, whether you committed a crime or not, so bang goes his chances of working in certain jobs, which again frustrates and saddens me.

Please note the fine was set in the youth courts, by a magistrate, so I assume it comes under the same rules re baliffs and power of entry.

Has anyone got any idea's please re legalitee's of appropriate adult being responsable for this??

Cheers all - at least I got something off my chest this weekend!!!!

vengus if you in need of a bit of cheering up which i think you are after reading your thread you have to find the one called cheekiness to the dca or something along those lines i will find out the actual thread and where it is and pm you it it is sooooo funny you will soon be laughing again