Scottcall on behalf of Cabot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Monkey see Monkey do

Had a letter today , first dca I letter i have had in six months

This alledged debt must be nearly 15 years old ( i was in usa for 3 years and I have been back for 10 years) what can I do to really upset both parties ?

Case Statistics 13 Wins - 0 Losses

Cases In Progress 2

Send them sugar coated doughnuts

Thats very helpfull thank you.

I was thinking more like OFT letters , letters to trading standards ect

Cases In Progress 2

You could always go along with them & send the 'prove it' letter, get involved in the inevitable postal ping pong match which will ensue. Build up a nice file of threat-o-grams, meaningless letters and 'phone calls and then slap a complaint into the OFT etc.

Or you can just send the Statute Barred letter & wait for them to hang themselves.

You could always go along with them & send the 'prove it' letter, get involved in the inevitable postal ping pong match which will ensue. Build up a nice file of threat-o-grams, meaningless letters and 'phone calls and then slap a complaint into the OFT etc.

Thats more like it :-) thx

Cases In Progress 2

** Update **

sent them a statuate barred letter and a cca request by recorded delivery , The sent it all back this morning saying they have returned the debt to Cabot.

As they were asking for payment , are the still under an obligation to supply the information I requested or have they fullfilled their obligations by sending it back ?

Cases In Progress 2

My understanding is that they were actually duty bound by Assignment to forward your request to their clients.

Either way I personally wouldn't worry until such a time as you hear something more from some moronic threat-monkey or the latest threat-o-matic 3000!! ;-)

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

My understanding is that they were actually duty bound by Assignment to forward your request to their clients.

Either way I personally wouldn't worry until such a time as you hear something more from some moronic threat-monkey or the latest threat-o-matic 3000!! ;-)

I am not worried about it per se , what I want to do is make them follow their obligation to the letter and If they dont I will report them to everyone I can think of , perhaps if I do they will think twice before contacting someone else here.

Cases In Progress 2

Much as it pains me to admit it but Snotcall have not done anything wrong. You have informed them that the debt is Statute Barred so quite rightly they passed it back to Crapbot. HOWEVER if Crapbot continue to send you begging letters then you MUST report them.

Much as it pains me to admit it but Snotcall have not done anything wrong. You have informed them that the debt is Statute Barred so quite rightly they passed it back to Crapbot. HOWEVER if Crapbot continue to send you begging letters then you MUST report them.

Cabot havent as yet sent me any letters in relation to this debt (as far as I am aware)

so from what you saying I can take no further action agaist scotcall because they have fullfilled their obligation . gutted

(wasted a £1 postal order)

What about Cabot asking another company to collect a debt they know is statuate barred debt ? , is there any mileage in complaining about that ?

Cases In Progress 2

Cabot havent as yet sent me any letters in relation to this debt (as far as I am aware)

so from what you saying I can take no further action agaist scotcall because they have fullfilled their obligation . gutted

(wasted a £1 postal order)

What about Cabot asking another company to collect a debt they know is statuate barred debt ? , is there any mileage in complaining about that ?

Have you actually told Cabot the debt is Statute Barred?? If you havent then they can legally chase a debt no matter how old. Just because a debt becomes Statute Barred does not mean it doesnt exist. It just means in CANNOT be legally enforced through the Courts. Where they fall foul of the OFT et al is when they try to con you into thinking they can take legal action

Update #2

I have been home and I have paperwork for exactly the same thing from Cabot when they last tried it on last time.

I have a letter to them regarding telephone harrasment sent recorded delivery and a cca request both sent recorded and signed for.

I have had replies to both letters , one apologising for the telephone calls and the other telling me that the information I requested needs to be obtained from barclaycard

My cca was dated 17th Aug 2006

I cannot remeber saying to Cabot that it was staute barred but then again I havent actually spoken to Cabot for 3 years.

Cases In Progress 2