Vanquis Charges - ***won***

loobyloo35
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You don't need to put the court fees in the letter. You should apply the rate of interest that they applied. The advanced spreadsheet will do the calculation for you - instructions on how to use it are in the interest tutorial linked from my signature

• 7 months later...

I am going to try this as I have been bombarded with charges and about 8 annoying phone calls per day for the last month off these d**k heads?

I have 250GBP limit and went over once, it as now exceeded to 361GBP because of interest and charges, they said I needed to pay 42GBP straight away, so paid 61GBP instead and they are still wanting me to pay more on it a week after i paid the 61GBP:(

• 2 months later...

certainly worth a bash!....by any chance are you talking about 'Shop Direct' (littlewoods, great universal etc)??.....If so, my experience to date is that they are a tough cookie to crumble...I've sent two letters and a LBA, and they refuse to budge...I complained to F.O.S which was a waste of time, so off to court we go!! :)

Cheers ajpoolshark for this, how much does it cost for court and how do you go about doing it, and if you lose do you have to pay a lot of costs? Most of my account is made up of charges if i claimed all charges and interest back that would prob nearly clear account laughable isn't it but maddening at same time, i think it is OFT that says 12 squid is a guide line and charges should show a true cost of admin and losses to the company and should not be used to make profit something along these lines?

:confused:

Edited by elie1977

• 2 years later...

hi im in the process of trying to claim back off vanquis as they keep charging me then making me over my limit then charging me 12.00 for doing so ;

can anyone actually verify for me what charges i can claim back when i look on my statement i have ;

- billed deferred finance charges

-purhase interest

-cash interest

-overlimt charge

please let me know asap

thanks guys

hi im in the process of trying to claim back off vanquis as they keep charging me then making me over my limit then charging me 12.00 for doing so ;

can anyone actually verify for me what charges i can claim back when i look on my statement i have ;

- billed deferred finance charges

-purhase interest

-cash interest

-overlimt charge

please let me know asap

thanks guys

Hi

Please start your own thread on this subject.

You can claim back the over limit charges and late payment charges plus at least the interest they charged you on them.

Have a read of Nos 3 and 4 in my signature.