Working for the NHS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Asking for a bit of advise i work for the NHS in a administration role office worker

I have a torn catrlidge in my right hip which has been diagnosed via mri athrogram.

Have been refered to University hospital in Cardiff for an operation to repair the tear.

About 4 weeks ago asked for a different chair as i consider the current chair is not suitable and is causing me major problems with pain by the end of the day.

Have not gone off sick with problem.

Still at work but still supervisor still not provided new chair and still in major pain after another request have kept all e mail content both mine and supervisor so problem is well docemented

Am in union should i get them involved

It is not unreasonable to ask for a chair and I would suggest to the Supervisor that they provide the chair as required. I would email the Supervisor and copy in your Union Rep and state that the request made is not unreasonable and that you are in a lot of pain which may cause you having to take time off unnecessarily when all that is required to solve the problem is the right chair.

I work in the NHS and we had someone in our office with back trouble and she was allowed to have the chair necessary for her problem.

i have seen my branch health and safety officer today and things have been said i believe the s----t is going to hit the fan due to the managers already being told by myself .

staff health are involved

human resourses are being involved

an an emergancy dse risk assesment is being done