Can i ask these DCA's to provide proof if i have been paying for years?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had letters from various debt collectors regarding a debt i allegedly owe.

It all started with a letter from Buchanan, Clark & Wells (BCW) on 2/7/07.

I sent a reply on 10/7/07 asking for any proof that i owe the debt but they did not respond.

I received a letter from Wescot Credit Services dated 4/12/07 regarding the debt i allegedly owe

but i asked for proof and they did not respond either.

I got another letter from BCW dated 2/6/08 and I again asked them to provide proof

but i only got a letter from a solicitors dated 23/6/08 asking me to contact BCW.

I sent a letter to BCW dated 27/6/08 asking them to provide proof again but they did not respond.

I got a letter from BCW dated 13/8/08 and i replied on the 14/8/08 telling them to provide proof within 28 days

or i would be contact my local Citizen's Advice Bureau to deal with them.

I then received a letter from Scotcall Debt Collecting Services dated 28/8/2008.

I replied to that letter on 2/9/08 asking for proof that i owe the debt.

I received no response from Scotcall so i sent them another letter requesting proof on 3/2/09

and i sent another letter on 10/3/09 asking them to provide the proof i have requested or close the case.

All these companies just ignore my requests even though i am putting it all in writing as i do not deal with these companies on the phone.

What can i do to get a response from them?

I feel like i am in limbo as they will not provide proof but they won't close the case either. I am sick of them.

They are just passing the debt around so i get letters from several companies.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Next time they write state that they are ignoring your letters and if you have to write to them again you will charge them £30 for each one.....

Or you could write them a LETTER BEFORE ACTION if they are threatening....especially with the recent court case against British Gas - (you could make them aware of this too !!) - Woman sues British Gas for harassment over repeated letters and bills - Telegraph

The ICO won't do a lot I'm afraid.

If the DCAs are ignoring you then I would ignore them. If they really had something on you they would be far more persistent.

In fact I am ignoring them - exactly the ones you have mentioned.:)

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

I have 7 debts which i have been paying off for many years.

3 of the debts are being collected by Robinson Way,

1 by Go Debt,

1 by The Lewis Group and

the last 1 by C K Edrupt.

I have been paying them £1 every month after i went ot my local Citizen's Advice Bureau in 2004 for help

as i was getting many phone calls from Robinson Way.

Citizen's Advice just made the offers then after 2 years left me to manage and i have just been paying them.

1st debt, Abbey National bank account, I owe £194.

2nd debt, BT, I now owe £12.

3rd debt, Britannia, I owe £90.80 (all been collected by Rob Way)

4th debt, London Scottish for a loan, I owe £753, collected by Go Debt.

5th debt, Greenwoods for a loan, I owe £238.75, collected by C K Edrupt.

6th debt, Readers Digest, I owe £35.98, collected by Wescot.

7th debt, Shopacheck for a loan, I owe £1733.86, collected by The Lewis Group.

I took all the loans out when i was still in a well paid job but then the comapny went into administration and closed so i was left with nothing.

I have been reading through these forums and i wonder should i write to all these DCA's and ask them to provide any proof that i do indeed owe the debts? What is a CCA? Can anyone help me?

Hi Blondmusic,

Looking at the list, I think the general consensus here would be

to send a Subject Access Request to Abbey National re the bank account (CCA not relevant to bank accounts) to check if there's any penalty charges you can claim back (they may well end up owing you);

Just pay off the BT one and maybe the Readers Digest one;

The loans - send CCA requests.

Don't forget the golden rules..PO's not cheques - don't sign anything - print your name.

All the best

Elsa :)

Hi Blondmusic,

The Subject Access Request costs £10 payable to the Abbey National.

The Template Letter is here: http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/110--data-protection-act-1998-subject-access-request-.html

The CCA requests cost £1 each and the template is here:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter.html

Send the CCA's to the debt collectors.

Send all by recorded delivery and save the PO/RD receipts as evidence.

Elsa x

I have just been going through paperwork regarding the Abbey account which Robinson Way are collecting. On a letter dated 22/11/2004 it says 'Due to ABBEY', on the next letter it says 'Due to ROBINSON WAY EX ABBEY'. Does this mean that Robinson Way now own the alleged debt and not Abbey? Should i now send a CCA request to Robinson Way instead of a Subject Access Request to Abbey?

With regard to your thread title question, you can ask the DCA or OC to provide a full statement of the acount for as long as they've been handling it. This is one of the things that the CCA covers but a lot of the DCAs and OCs don't bother sending them.