Global Reservations Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OOPS! Sorry wrong party! I never meant to do that. Of course I meant Newbe and bigman1234 (or whatever)

Many apologies to Wales from Sunny Scotland.

Yes your OK, the sun has just come out here as well ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi CMedinburgh,

I'm thinking you got my name mixed up as well as bigkenny in this post. As I never came to the 'defence' of any company on this thread either. You are forgiven thou. :p

I have been helping victims of timeshare scams for several years.

One very common ploy is the "We have a buyer" phone call. Then for some bizarre reason you have to send them cash after which the buyer evaporates. Very very common, and all that changes is the name of the company involved.

A variation is, after someone has been ripped off, they get called by someone purporting to be lawyers investigating the fraud, and will you pay money to contribute to a court case .....

I am sure the Moderators here have checked the IP addresses of Newbe and bigkenny, and will bet a fair bit that they are based in Mallorca. Maybe not, but the pattern of rapid defence of these crooked companies by employees / [problematic] posting about "how good" the company is in exactly this manner is well proven.

The Golden Rule is - NEVER EVER part with money to sell your timeshare. A reputable company will not take cash this way.

• 1 month later...

I have also been approached by GRS - i have had previous (bad) experience with a company called "1 2 Buy". I am at the least sceptical but have followed the advice given and requested a copy of the contract via e-mail - we'll wait and see !!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to this forum but I have only yesterday had dealings with global reservation services.

They called me to tell me that they had sold my timeshare and that the buyers were waiting, all that was required to complete the deal was for me to allow 1,300 euros to be taken from my credit card and held in escrow, to be refunded to me when the contracts were complete.

When I refused to pay any money "up front" they did not want to play any more.In my opinion a total [problem] and I would not touch it witha barge pole

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to this as well, But yesterday I was contacted by Global reservations services saying they have got a buyer for my timeshare in teneriffe, when I told them my credit card did'nt have 1300 euros on it they said I could fly over to Palma and do the deal face to face with the buyer.He then said he would puit me in touch with another department who handle that sort of deal.or by the way he told me that week 8 at my timeshare wanted to buy week 7, and that is exactly the same words that a man from startingpoint told me 18 months ago when he took my money, as you know startpoint as been shut down by the Spanish authorities this year, SO have they relocated in Palma. hope this helps

Total [problem]. Warning, never give your Credit Card details to this type of firm, and never fly out to meet them.

According to their website the address given is in Palma.

Do not touch with a bargepole.

I 100% agree keep you money, tell them no thanks.

I was also contacted by this group last week. I believe i may have been conned. they sounded so convincing I thought I would take a chance. still waiting to hear from them. the contact no they left does work and i have been told contract has been posted on 26th. I am awaiting delivery, getting very worried now. any advice appreciated.

Did you pay any money ? If it was by credit card you might be able to reclaim it , but dont hold your breath.

These people are known [problematic]. To any one else feeling tempted to do business with these people DO NOT DO IT ignore any phone calls. Remember that any proper company will not ask for money upfront and no company can guarantee that they have a buyer for your Timeshare.

To add some more info about people ringing up and saying they have a buyer. I had a phone call from `Prestige Marketing Solutions` anyone had dealings with them. They said they had a buyer who will give me between 70% to 100% of the price I paid for it. They gave me a address in Warwickshire where I can go to do the deal and added this, In order for your representative to arrange your appointment, a £99

consultancy fee is required by the interested company. However, if an

agreement is reached in regards to the disposal of your timeshare, then the £99 is reimbursed in full.

---------------------------

Well its not in Spain but again still asking for cash upfront OK a lot less only £99. Should I go?????? Or should I stick to my own rules NO MONEY UP FRONT

I have'nt had dealings with this firm, but I had dealing with a firm called EXCLUSIVE CONCIERGE SERVICES LTD who offered the same deal and they were based at York. Ipayed the £99 which was refundable when I turned up for the meeting. what they offeed at the meeting was. either join a holiday club , or I pay them £2,500 and they take over my timeshare (no more maintenance fee's) well sounded ok so I sign the contract, but I had a week to make my mind up. After four day's I phoned them to cancel the contract and also Emailed them about the £99 which was owing to me, after two weeks and two phone calls I recieved a Cheque for £99. weather this firm is the same one that contacted you using a different name I dont know, but the set up seem's to be the same. hope this is of help to you

I must be having a dizzy spell what stupid thing in my head thought they MIGHT be legit` seconds after I posted this question about Prestige Marketing Solutions I saw all there bad press. They seem to be as bad as the main lot this thread is about.

Moral of story. No money up front, to anyone!

Hi Im new to this aswell, I was contacted by Global Reservation Services a few weeks ago, they told me they had a buyer for my timeshare. I did give them 1300 euros off my credit card, after talking to my daughter she told me she wasnt happy that Id done it and told me to cancel it straight away. I rang them the next day, and told them I wanted to cancel they tryed to talk me out of it, but in the end said they d cancel the whole sale and return my money. They did put the money back on my credit card 7 days later. I was very relieved as my daughter had also read this forum.

I got my money back a few days ago and I wanted to read the forum for myself, as my daughter had told me bits about it. After reading what old man sam had put I thought I would add my bit, that I did decide to cancel but got my money back.

Cold calling and Timeshare. Besides Global there are lots of people under different names cold calling people about selling their Timeshare.

Remember, if you want to sell your Timeshare you can do it through the post. Never attend a meeting, once there they will apply high pressure sales talk to get you to buy something else.

Anyone that asks for money upfront it will be a [problem].

The important thing to remember is WHY would anyone offer you big money to buy your Timeshare when you can pick them up on E.Bay for a few quid ?

Be Careful who you talk to about Timeshare.

I duly recieved the 'contract' from GRS, it does not appear to be a formal sale agreement, more like we will hold your money till we can sell timeshare. \this is NOT what was discussed on the phone, got a very bad feeling about this. Realy angry with myself for becoming involved.