Default 3 years after original debt - is this legal?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I recently applied for my credit file and noticed a default notice for £2800 under a DCA. I wrote to them and asked for a CCA and they wrote back saying the debt had been passed back to BT and the account was closed.

So I contacted BT who advised the debt was actually for £500 and was dated back to 2002! So this is now statued barred which is great however the DCA took over 2 years to add the default onto my file so this is affecting my ability to get a mortgage.

Does anyone know if companies are allowed to issue default notices years after the original contract was breeched?

Also what really worries me is that the DCA has added over £2000 to the original debt of £500 which looks even worse on my credit file.

Any suggestions on how I can get the default removed? Do I need to contact Experian to dispute the information?

Many thanks

if the dca had no authority to place the default on your cra then i'd write to both and demand it is removed.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...