• Tweets

• You can counter a Judges's question on why you didn't respond by pointing out that any company that charges you with stopping at a zebra crossing is likely to be of a criminal mentality and so unlikely to cancel the PCN plus you didn't want to give away any knowledge you had at that time that could allow them to counteract your claim if it went to Court. There are many ways in which you can see off their stupid claim-you will see them in other threads  where our members have been caught by Met at other airports as well as Bristol.  Time and again they take motorists to Court for "NO Stopping" apparently completely forgetting that the have lost doing that because no stopping is prohibitory and cannot form a contract. Yet they keep on issuing PCNs because so many people just pay up . Crazy . You can see what chuckleheads they are when you read their Claim form which is pursuing you as the driver or the keeper. they don't seem to understand that on airport land because of the Bye laws, the keeper is never liable.   
    • The video-sharing app told the BBC that a "very limited" number of accounts had been compromised.View the full article
    • luckily like this thread VCS/DCB(L) PCN spycar capture - PAPLOC Now claimform - no Stopping in Restricted Zone - Bristol Airport ***Claim Dismissed*** - Page 4 - Private Land Parking Enforcement - Consumer Action Group although no on the crossing, same applies to you so WS time. there are numerous threads here on pedestrian crossing claimforms by VCS at Bristol and at other airports so use our enhanced google searchbox and find them. really a bad idea to vanish for SIX months and not been have reading up here.....................  
    • Not at all.  The onus is on them to ensure that their invoice respects the provisions of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 to establish keeper liability.  Which it can't as the area is covered by bye-laws. Spot on. Irrelevant as to whether you entered into a contract with VCS to pay them £100 if you didn't obey what was written on their silly signs. Who cares?  What about their ridiculous generic Particulars of Claim where they deliberately mix up driver and keeper. And where do they mention this?  You haven't shown us anything. Of course you have to prepare a Witness Statement and you'd better get on with it. This is the problem here - you've disappeared for months & months, haven't kept us updated and presumably haven't read other VCS threads.  That needs to change - now. Otherwise you will lose - simple as that. For a start - please upload the court order which fixes the hearing date plus plus where "VCS mentioned my initial defence was generic and clearly copied from the internet".  We're not mind readers.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Sarahp Vs "The Sharks"

Sarahp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well it seems I have been lurking for far too long and it is time for my own thread.

I have found everyones threads to be very helpful - Thanks guys !

I have had no response to my prelim nor my LBA from HSBC as yet but they only received the last letter yesterday some 4 days after posting (Cheers Royal Mail) Ironically, I couldve done it in ten minutes being situated rather close to the Leeds address everyone is sending letters to.

( :confused: mmm so why have I addressed all my letters to London? :confused: - DUH!)

As there seems to be no pattern to how HSBC respond to people and when they make their offers, I am rather hoping I don't get to the point of filing a claim. The form itself seems allright but I am entitled (wftc) to no court charges., however the form I need to fill out for that (taken from one of the posts on "how to" on here) seems very complicated and I seem to think you won't be able to do it online. There also seems little point in claiming as when I "WIN", it will be paid back to me (?) and I can afford to lay the initial cost out so no harm.

It is very much the waiting game now **tapping of feet** **drumming of fingers** but it is very frustrating seeing that people are getting paid out after one letter (obviously it is good, but frustrating to me) and then others have to wait till they claim in small claims, its the not knowing when. I am getting very patient tho, no fear. lol

Will keep everyone updated as and when I progress.

Sarah

10th July 06 PRELIM No Response

26th July 06 LBA Rec'd by HSBC 31st..........No Response

14th August Filed at court in person - no fees due to WTC.

22nd August Court cocked up and handed back incorrect paperwork, reissued.

25th August Claim served.

30th August Claim defended.

19th September Part payment offered by DG £907.88 on a claim of £1032.53

Hi Sarah, are you claiming for a large amount?. If so then at least if it gets as far as claiming through the court you may have a tidy interest amount to claim as well - is that not worth a little bit more paperwork??

People who are claiming small amounts seem to be getting paid out faster - but you never know, I think it's a bit of a lottery due to so many cliams they have going through.

Whatever happens - Good luck!!!

Barney2002 - If you want to see how I got my money back, click http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/11376-barney2002-hsbc-round-one.html.

HSBC

15/08/06 - £4955 paid in full from HSBC!!!!!!! 'Ave it!!

OTHERS

04/08 - Conf rec'd from Capital One - sending statements

07/08 - Conf rec'd from Tesco Finance - sending statements,29/08 sent prelim for £282

10/08 - Conf rec'd MBNA - sending statements.02/09 prelim for £437

10/08 - Conf rec'd Morgan Stanley - need to send ID - sent 11/08,rec'd letter offering £96(rejecting), 02/09 prelim for £220- Rec'd £240 few days ago.

If any advice I give is helpful then please hit the scales - Top Right. Thank you.

** For Every bed I sell to a CAG Forum member, I will donate £50 to the CAG **

Visit my site for the full range of Hand Forged Beds at

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

No Barney it's not a lot really but not to be sniffed at. I am claiming £750 but that was for just one year as I closed my account with HSBC in 2001 - shame really that you can only claim 6 years (so says everyone eh?) as I have been a VERY good girl since 01 (bah!) and have never been overdrawn with my current bank. You are right of course, any amount is worth that little bit extra paperwork, after all it is only the sending out of a letter when all said and done, but as I tell my hubby, I want it and want it now! (we are talking material things here too - don't get over excited!) Lol

Thanks for the well wishes, I have followed your post and you seem to have gone all the way......not long now eh?

Sarah

Sarah, have you seen this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/19650-paid-up-almost.html .

Sometimes it can be quick like this - fingers crossed!!!

Barney2002 - If you want to see how I got my money back, click http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/11376-barney2002-hsbc-round-one.html.

HSBC

15/08/06 - £4955 paid in full from HSBC!!!!!!! 'Ave it!!

OTHERS

04/08 - Conf rec'd from Capital One - sending statements

07/08 - Conf rec'd from Tesco Finance - sending statements,29/08 sent prelim for £282

10/08 - Conf rec'd MBNA - sending statements.02/09 prelim for £437

10/08 - Conf rec'd Morgan Stanley - need to send ID - sent 11/08,rec'd letter offering £96(rejecting), 02/09 prelim for £220- Rec'd £240 few days ago.

If any advice I give is helpful then please hit the scales - Top Right. Thank you.

** For Every bed I sell to a CAG Forum member, I will donate £50 to the CAG **

Visit my site for the full range of Hand Forged Beds at

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

I have a question RDM????

Regarding the exemption form. It asks for proof on in the form and says it lists what proof on page 6 but the link on here doesnt have this page only the 2 pages of the form. I presume it will be the award notice which I have. Where can I find this full claim form and do I need to send this in via the postal system? If so, where does it get sent and how far in advance to the HSBC 14 days deadline do I send it? Mmmmm that was more than one question me thinks. Thanks in advance.

Sarah

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

HSBC received the LBA 31st August. No response so I am making a trip to Leeds Courts this afternoon with my 3 kids in tow (mmmm) to file a claim. I have no debit or credit cards (cash girl me) so cannot do it online and receive WFTC anyway so dont have to pay anything so have to visit the court to file the claim. I go away 25th so hopefully I will have cheque in hand before I go although somehow doubt it will be so quick.

Sarah P

hi sarah good luck i done mine this morn as well so we on same track

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

Yes Angela, I have found it very interesting as to how eratic they are at who they issue replies to and who don't hear from them at all. I am not claiming that much and havent heard a thing at all. Strange !

Let's see how it goes for both of us. I'm hoping I hear something from them before I go away on the 25th as I forgot (oops!) to mention this fact on my claim. It was a well nice feeling once I had filed the claim.

Sarah P

yes it was a v nice feeling i have had smile on face all day

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

Well after a slightly worrying hour this morning I have been chuckling away to my little self all afternoon. Let me explain........

I have been with a debt management agency who on my behalf are negotiating with my creditors for a full and final settlement as we received some money to pay them all off. Obviously my HSBC debt is now with Metropolitan Collection Agency and from the £3095.00 debt my agency offerd them £1700 last week which Metropolitan refused and it was in the situation this morning where my agency had sent them a reconsideration letter. I opened the post this morning to a standard letter from HSBC saying they dont think they have been unlawful (you know the one by now) and telling me to bugger off and then the next peice of post I opened was a letter from DG Solicitors (imagine how excited I got lol) telling me they were taking me to court within 7 days if I didn't pay up the full amount ! Now call me niave but I would never have guessed (DUH!) they would associate a debt that is with Metropolitan and had been paid frequently albeit small amounts until we had gone into negotiation to settle and the fact that I closed my account with them in 01 and this claim ! Ok I am niave (sp). Anyway sheer coincidence I have heard diddly squat in the whole process till court issue and now two letters on same day ???? Me thinks not !! Anyway the reason I have been chuckling (never do get straight to the point I'm afraid - and there is a point !) is I rang Metropolitan and got them to lower the figure in settlement and granted it wasnt as low as the agency was hopeing (unrealisticly may I add) to get but it was better than the £3095 DG Solicitors were insisting on. They have faxed the agency and will be paid in the next 7 days now and then they will pay me my cheque. But the moral of all this is by the time they pay me what they owe then I will have all in all have paid them the figure my agency asked for in the first place for my debt which they refused point blank. Which is a pretty decent and low settlement. Plus they will have had to pay their solicitors for the priviledge. Do they not have any decent business advisors in their grasp ?? Talk about duh.

Tee heee heeeee Still chuckling now :):D :D :D:)

Sarah xx

That gloating feeling was short lilved I'll tell ya ! Ive made a boo boo. Does anyone know if once you have issued a claim (ie two days ago) can you alter the amount claimed for? I would presume it hasnt even been sent to HSBC yet. I have mis calculated the 8% interest and merely added it onto the full amount and diddled myself out of a couple of hundred quid. Advice anyone ????

nb I didnt pay for my claim so it would be easy to cancel it and re-issue - is this possible ??

Sarah xx

Just to update - problem sorted. Hubby been to alter forms not yet issued as the daft lady who originally took the forms gave back the exemption forms in error. Also put on a note that we will be on holiday and the dates so that also covered. Just sit and wait now! Claim now at £1032.

Sarah xx

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sarah

I

Data Protection letter sent 15/08/06

All statments received 29/08/06 total £3950.50 2 accounts

Prelim approach sent 30/08/06 - for both accounts

LBA sent for both accounts 15/09/06

MCOL Filed for both accounts 05/10/06

MCOL Acknowledged 12/10/06

Letter Received req breakdown of charges 28/10/06

Letter Sent with breakdown of charges 28/10/06

Letter received with full offer on the 01/11/06

Sent letter back accepting offer and crossing confidential agreement out 01/11/06

:razz: :razz: :razz:

Hi Sarah

I too have a overdraft which was with HSBC which I am paying off by MCS slightly

Sent letter back accepting offer and crossing confidential agreement out 01/11/06

Hi Sarah

I too have a overdraft which was with HSBC which I am paying off by MCS slightly concerned that I too will receive a letter threatening court action as don't have £1500 my claim is to pay off a family debt

ahhhh what happended with my post !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

Just to update again:

Courts Issued22nd August - deemed served 26th. Whilst I was away in sunny climes HSBC acknowladged service 30th August which gives them 28 days from date of service on claim form to issue particulars or file a defence.

Not heard anything from solicitors and they only have 10 days left (if I have worked it out correctly)

I have now paid them the monies I owe so awaiting that juicy cheque now! I must be only abut a week away surely?

Sarah

Sorry how rude of me.....Winnie, have you heard anything with regards to your debt. I know you were worried about having a threatening letter too. Its like the others have said on the other threads similar tho, you can't pay them what you havent got can you? It would just go to court and be set up as installements as you are already doing now surely? You'd probably be no more worse off if they do demand monies. The only reason I paid mine off is because I was lready in the process of paying my debts off anyway otherwise I wouldve told them to go s***e too.

Sarah

Hi Sarahp

Nope nothing heard from either HSBC or MCS. Sending our LBA letters tommorow. Hope the 10 days goes quick for you and the money comes soon

Oooo-er still not heard anything so am now cacking myself as to will I be "the one" they choose to make a test case out of. Have read and re read the details in the sticky and don't think I could cope with all the extra things I would have to do. Gulp! Heres hoping like everyone else it isnt me.

Sarah xx

Lots swimming round in my ickle brain this morning.

HSBC have until 22nd after defending their claim. They have sent me a letter this morning of the usual mindful of time etc etc blah blah and have offered me £907.88 on a claim of £1032.53. Now bearing in mind I didn't pay any court costs anyway there is £100 appx short. Here is my dilema......

***If I accept as part payment I know there is approx a week left till I recieve the full amount however could it still be passed onto the Mercantile court with more hassle and more time (not desperate for the cash but would be nice) ? Do they let you know it has been passed on and can it be done at any point of the claim?

***If I accept as part payment will they then request a breakdown (which incidently was issued with the claim form as I went to the court personally but whether or not it was passed on is another thing though) and look into it further? I just wrote down all my charges and a couple were refunded and I didnt take that into account (naughty) so will they realise this and I will end up with around this amount anyway?

Anyone know how it works at this stage? Do they ask for a breakdown after an acceptance of part offer or would it have been requested before this was issued?

Opinions please.

Thanks in advance

Sarah

N.B I would be glad to accept as partial payment and pursue the whole amount as they wouldnt negotiate very well when I offered to pay them their debt a few weeks ago. Mmmmm shoe on the other foot now?? yay !

Rats, knew there was another question. Am I right in saying if they havent settled by 22nd (28 days from claim as they are defending whole claim) or issued their defence that I can issue a judgement? What are they playing at sending letters of partial payment at this late stage? Particularly as it was without prejudice. Dont like the idea but did consider ringing them about this fact. What do you think?