F&F Advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

One of my creditors agreed to write off approx 2.5k some of which is comprised of charges if I pay a further £400 ontop of that which I have already paid.... now this offer is only valid untill the end of the month, I m not sure as to what to do as I wish to request my CCA from them, and claim back any monies already paid to them which is around 3K! Any advice as to what I should do?

why would they make that offer?, not sure they would if they had all the correct paperwork

I would send the CCA.

Notts

As a great man once said " All Men Can Fly But Some Only in One Direction"

Notts

It's quite an old debt, and as I have paid quite a substantial amount to them (Which would'nt have happened had I discovered this site before)... I should imagine they just want shot of the account after making as much as they possible can!

no way would they get 400 squid off me, offer valid to the end of the month my a**e.

Usual bulls**t, pay em nowt

Notts

As a great man once said " All Men Can Fly But Some Only in One Direction"

Notts

Hi there,

My opinion is that the two CCA's are valid. However, others may disagree with me.

Have a read of these threads to understand CCA's (courtesy of 42man & steven4064) -

Is My Agreement Enforceable - Useful

Consumer Credit Agreements

I am not able to open the A&L Default Notice so you may wish to upload it again.

I long ago decided that if they offer you a reduced settlement it's because they know what they have is unenforceable, and I'd just ignore them. But I did negotiate one F & F for 12%, which I wasn't too unhappy with, I'd advise starting any offer at around 5%.

huff&puff thnks for that advice, I assumed they offer u a settlement to cut their losses, in that if they offer u a lower settlement they are covering their losses in what they've lent you... U mentioned u negotiated an offer for 12%, as in u paid 12% of the balance??!!! That's excellent, which DCA/lender was it if u don't minbd me asking? Hiow old was ur debt? Did u have an enforceable CCA from them?