20 meg service help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

i need a little help here, i have always had cable broadband and the top one ie xl i first got this around 2002 and keeped on the fastest one all the time. when it became 20 meg i was paying £50 pounds just for the broadband, this was a few years ago but i dont no when is was (i need to find this out) over the last few days my service as been going on and off . so today i rang them up todayand was told by the tech man it was probly because i had a old moden and it only surpoted up to 10 meg .!!!!

so i have been paying for a 20 meg survice £37 permonth (todays prices) for years when at the best times of the day and under the perfect conditions i can only get 10 meg £ 25 per month ..

i rang cable custermer care and they said i could not back date anything but they will send me a new moden and reduce my bill by £7 .

they said i could write to head office as this was the best they could do.

so does any one no when it went to 20 meg or how i can find this out

and do i have a good case here and any help on how i should go about this.

thx

kev

Right, to start with it has to be Virgin Media!

I can't help as I have no idea to what you signed up for! The problem is, neither DO YOU!

Also, its impossible to say you signed up for 8MB and only recieved 4MB!

You really have no come back here at all, which is a shame as I hate VM!

if i have been payin for a 20 meg survice for over 2 years and the equipment that virgin suplied me will only give me a max of 10 then have been ripped off .

my moden is a webstar

• 2 weeks later...

thx for the info, i still think i have a case here and will write to head office.

since i called cable about 2 weeks ago they have now sent out a email about modems, and that the new ones will be alot better.claim.gif

Hello Kevin,

We’re always looking for ways to improve your service where we can. So we’d like to replace your old modem with a shiny new one – absolutely free.

Right now, your old modem is doing its job. But there is a more up-to-date model out there

and of course, we want you to have the very best. And with technology moving so fast,

it makes sense to have a modem that’s geared up to handle whatever the future throws at it.

Head to www.virginmedia.com/swapmodem to get yours. We hope you enjoy it.

All the best,

is this a way of gettin all the old models like mine swoped out and then the custermer would not no he had never been able to recive the full 20 meg?

That certainly is an old model, it came out in the days when BB was still in Kilobits and not megabitss.

Go to the Scientific Atlanta site and look for your model and check on the speed of operation, if it is only 10mbs then print that page and make a claim on Virgin for the difference between the 10 and 20mbs service.