PPI Claim with GE Money / Mothercare Account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

To cut a long story short, and not to drone on, I have today received a letter from GE Money re: my PPI.

Basically, I submitted a general letter to them asking them to refund my PPI that was applied to my account without my knowledge. I got the bog standard response of ' well we dont agree with you blah blah blah ' , but at the end of the letter, it said as a gesture of goodwill, they would refund the PPI premium plus interest - approx £200.00, but that this would be credited to my account instead of being refunded to me.

Can they do this ? or should I ask / insist that it is refunded to me instead ? :-)

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

Hi, Forsure.

It's your money, tell them you want a cheque or you will continue with court action.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks for that - Does it make a difference if I was in slight arrears with them ? Is that why they have done it do you think ? :???:

Forsure

Hi,

Should make no odds, It's your money, so you should decide where it goes.

Capital 1 did the same with me when I won my claim against them, they paid the money to the Debt Collector who was chasing me :mad:

At the time, and before I found this site, I did nothing about it, I now know I should have :rolleyes:

Good luck with that.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have an update........GE Money have said that they do not agree with me, but that they will ' as a gesture of goodwill ', refund my PPI to my account. Unfortunately before it came to this, the debt was sold to their DCA Viking Services, who now effectively ' own ' the account. I remember initially when I spoke to Viking, they said that when I get my balance under the credit limit, I would be able to spend on the account again. Now I was planning to go into the mothercare store to purchase some baby things ( as I am nearly 5 mths pregnant now ), and thought I would ring to check this, just incase, and to possibly save myself some embarrasment should the card be declined. Now Viking are telling me that I cant spend on the account etc etc.

In light of this, I have now requested the PPI be refunded to me, rather than the account, due to the conflicting information given to me.

I have advised them ( and given them a date to sort it ), that if they dont comply, I will pursue via a court......( so scared about that ! :shock: )

Am I doing the right thing ??

Any advise as always is much appreciated :)

Forsure