Ticketshield

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks again asmodeus.

I will be ready for their next approach.

The latest DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER, dated 16/10/2009 received yesterday so any day now I expect. If they have a county court judgement against me would I be aware of it? Their 1st letter states "Failure to pay the full amount within 7 days of this notice will result in us issuing an immediate county court summons against you"

Thanks again asmodeus.

I will be ready for their next approach.

The latest DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER, dated 16/10/2009 received yesterday so any day now I expect. If they have a county court judgement against me would I be aware of it? Their 1st letter states "Failure to pay the full amount within 7 days of this notice will result in us issuing an immediate county court summons against you"

I am quickly starting to believe that the intelligence levels of ppc's are lower than all of us even imagined. How can something be immediate if it is not going to happen for 7 days. You should feel comfortable about welcoming a court case. It will give you the chance to test the strength of your case. I think you will find that you have a pretty strong position.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Lordtwotter, They have no powers at all to issue a summons. By claiming that they do then then they are lying - surprise PPCs lie to trick you out of your money. Your CCJ fears are groundless. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/164651-problems-ppcs-face.html?highlight=problems+ppc+face

As lamma says, you would still have got this irrespective of Ticketshield's actions (or inactions), the only thing that stops them sending out these letters is (a) payment (b) time.

Basically you've paid good money to TS for nothing (really) as they have no more power than you have, but since all you need do is ignore it, if you send me £10 - I'll ignore you too, and will send you a Xmas card if the strike is over by then! :)

If they have a county court judgement against me would I be aware of it

Rest assured that they don't have one and if they did it you would be aware as they would have taken you to the small claims court (highly unlikely) and won (even more unlikely)

As you have probably seen from some of the postings some PPC's are now sending out false court papers in an effort to make people pay their invoices. These are easily spotted as there will not be a court seal or claim number. These should of course be reported to the court they are purported to have come from.

Thanks guy's,

I am using your advice here... the latest demand is from the debt colletion agency, would you also ignore that. Only the wife is getting a bit twichy! I am going away for a week in early November and I don't really want her to be confronted by mobsters on the doorstep demanding money.

What do you think?

Debt collectors - it is the PPC stepping up the harassment because you are playing hard to get :p

It no doubt says (like the one I have here beside me) that as you have failed to respond to the PPC demands and if you fail to act on Their (DC) letter the the next step will be to pass it to their solicitors for possible court action

PPC's will only exist while people give in to their intimidation and harassment as they are there to make money. Court costs money and time especially if you are on the very dodgy ground they are on.

Why would they (DC) visit - it will be a wasted journey and cost time and money ?

In order to have the power to do anything they would need a court order which they are not going to get

Ignore and try to forget about it as weekends here and you can relax :D

When the Solicitors letter arrives it is the same policy - ignore

You have not done anything wrong - you parked at a restaurant to have a meal and that is all. Whilst having your meal you parked in the car park provided by the restaurant i.e. the customer car park that is provided for the convenience of well ... customers. The excuse a local MacD's use to justify the use of a PPC is that their facilities are being abused by taxi drivers waiting up and this is the only solution. When confronted MacD's flatly refuse to acknowledge that they have caused a problem to their genuine customers and refuse to do anything about it.

If your wife is worried show her this forum.