long term sickness and work dilemma ...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

iam been off work since mid january due to severe depression / borderline personality disorder / dissociative disorder (amnesia) . ( i have also auditory and visual hallucinatins)

i have a few problem with my employer whcih was sorted previosuly by this board and ACCAS. i just found my old thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/employment-problems/189660-long-term-sick-leave.html

i have ask a my gp to made a letter ot my boss to tell them to back off , my boss was constantly asking me to constant visit at home/ phone call etc... to say that i am unable towork now and n the foreseable future.

i have received report frorm my psychiatrist who says that iam unfit for work as i deal with vulnerable person and due to my severe dissociative state (for the people who don't know what is then in my case i will become soemone else or forget who and where i am and start doing/saying things for hours and when i calm down i will not remember a thing at all, th emeomory os reased somewhat ) and personality disorder i may be at risk ( as iam vulnerable too) and them too.

i have applied for ESA and DLA waitign for a decisoin. my thing s ois do i informed my employer abotu being unfit for work ? as my psychiatrist told me that after a certain period i will not need a sick note at all due to long term sickness and benefit ( i could not quite understand what he was saying, if some one could tell me if it is true or not).

my other half call them today to see if they received my last SSP form and gp letter they said yes and inform that i was due a visit by my boss this friday (wasn't aware of it ) but hey will cancel it due to the letter from my gp ! what a cheek i would have not answer anyway as if i dont expect anyone i dont that 's it, i am paranoid.

so i am not too sure if let the system to take its turn or just tell them my employer that i won't be back ? aparently now my boss has end a questionnaire for me to fill in iam getting tired with it all ? i dont get SSP as i am below the threshold .

It sounds like your employer is keen for you to return to work, how long have you worked for them?

Is there any prospect that you will recover and be fit for the role again in the future?

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!

i hav eben working just a year with tthem.

my psy and gp told declare me unfit for work due to my severe period of dissociations. ( ihave very often episode where i forgot who i am. and here iam and don't recognise familir faces ) . i cant even go out without supervisin. due to my impulsivite i am no longer in charge with my financial affair ( have spent a lot of money in the past like there is no tomorow).

my employer can moan etc... but for the moment they think i am having a long term holiday , well i wish for a start ( they should live with me for a week they will need rehab after). they had a letter made out to them by my gp

my depression ( which is my second one, i suffer form reccurent depression) will took at least 5 years to recover by my gp .As for my borderline personality disorder , i well it told me he wil try but it is difficult to treat due to a lot of trauma

Phat i am sorry to here of your problems. I hope things improve for you ASAP. Thinking of you with warm thoughts and best wishes.

I too have had a major attack of depression and also suffer with border line personality. I have been up and down since my BR process and personal problems and now a horrible work environment has forced me to go on the sick.

Edited by geministar2007
spelling

thanks gemini i know why know iam BR anyway it was due to my impusilvity ( similar personality trait in BPD) lol. they have refered me for cbt but with a huge waiting llist i know it won't be soon before i start

anyhow i am starting a course on meditation and it start to help me calm and lettings thing go i am thinking at the moment to take a course in meditaion and budhism to go further.

iam really sorry you to have to put too with awful work ! i can tell other how BPD and depression is succh a destructive illness.

Hey phats. I also went for CBT a year or so ago, but for some reason it is not working these days. I do not know why. Maybe i should restart.

My sister has been diagnosed with SAD (seasonal affective disorder) and has been given a light machine to use.

I keep thinking i may have this. Where i live its so dark, hardly any natural light comes into my home, i have to keep going and standing outside! Just wondering if thats why i have been worse, as its been winter and so on.

Good on you for thinking of enrolling on a course, that would be good for you.

I think my BR was due to impluse spending. I used to spend to make me happy (it worked, at the time). Clothes, meals out, nights out on the town. And so on.

Althought i am glad i have gone through the BR process, there are times in which i do wish slightly that i could just go on a little spending spree and not have to worry. Lol. But its a could job i can't, i'd end up in the Bahamas! Lol

I hope things work out for you. Good luck! :D x

thnaks geminiei.

not due if anyone can answer this for me ... i am due to go abroad for the christening of my niece ( i am the godfather) aimnot sure if i shoudl inform my employer and book it through them or just go during my sick leave ?

my sick leave are done on a month to month basis