2 defaults Egg and Vodaphone - Default hell!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest willowb
I can see that you have recently posted an entry on the website referred toabove seeking assistance with how to complete your N1 form

OMG how blatant is that!!!! I really don't know what to say to you, I'm in shock. I hope that SB has a look, he snuck in:p for a day not so long ago. So, is it your own thread they are talking about? Can you PM a link to me? I can't promise that I can help but I'll show for moral support:)

Wxxx

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here please

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Thank you for your e-mail received on 13 January 2007.I note your intentions to issue an N1 form in relation to our refusal to complywith your request under Section 12(1) of the Data Protection Act 1998.As I have already explained in my previous correspondence, Section 12(1) doesnot apply to us, as we do not make any decisions about the data that we processby automated means.You may also wish to consult with other members of the Consumer Action Groupwebsite, where you obtained the standard letter to make your original request.The majority of the people who have contacted us in relation to Section 12 donow understand our position and have withdrawn their request.I can see that you have recently posted an entry on the website referred toabove seeking assistance with how to complete your N1 form.Before undertaking potentially expensive legal action, I would stronglyrecommend that you contact the Information Commissioner's Office, who regulatesthe Data Protection Act, should you require any clarification of this.The Information Commissioner's Office: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK95AFI still believe that you would be better served making a Section 12 request toany companies that you apply for credit to, as this will ensure that yourapplications are assessed manually rather than through an automated decisionmaking process.Please note that we reserve the right to pursue you for costs should any claimmade against us be unsuccessful.Kind regards I am confused are they right or shall i go for it. Please adviseLast1standingMr Paul LeverConsumer Compliance ExecutiveDirectors' Office

BTW as far as I understand it, yo are not liable for their costs if you lose in a small claims court.

Can they say they reserve the right to pursue the costs? I thought that was illegal?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Thanks all. I havent started a thread, but took the letters from someone off this threat. I was hoping that they would help me. I think he is wrong and as i just won my nationwide claim, then im feeling so optimistic in getting what i want. well, Mr Paul Lever if your reading, i have complained to the Information Commissioners Office already and i will then start my action against you!!! Beware

Gilly

Nationwide - Initial letter 06 th Dec 06.

LBA 20th dec 06.

MCOL 05th Jan 07.

Paid in full 17th Jan 07.

Lloyds - S.A.R requested 12th Dec.

Acknowledged 20th Dec 06.

Guest willowb

My advice, start a proper thread of you own, if you need help then we can't help you unless we have all the facts. Are you still unsure about completing your N1 form? I'll try and help you if you PM me, but start a thread first and link it to me...ok?

well, Mr Paul Lever if your reading

Sneaky snake! We work together here....%^&&***(!!!! :mad: Go sharpen your pencils or something!

Wxxx

I hope that Mr Paul Lever has notified Admin that he is activly monitoring these forums and attempting to use them against CAG members.

Just so he knows you are wrong Mr Lever section 12 does apply to you and your company as long as you provide credit scoring records. That is automatic processing of data.

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Can you pick and chose which info you don't want used for "automated decisions" I wonder. Like just the nasty stuff! hehe

Good question. I would like to know the answer to that one as well. Looking to get 1 entry removed. I suspect it will be all or nothing. I think I will need to follow the route of contract ended so no right for the data to be supplied to CRA.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

IANAL - Opinions offered are just my personal views and are not guaranteed to be correct. I have been known to be wrong (once or twice).

Claims in progress against:

Eldest - First Direct - Part Offer received - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/first-direct/79619-eldest-fd.html

Eldest - Halifax - Cheque Received Full amount - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/66254-here-we-go-eldest.html

Youngest - Halifax x 3 - Request for refund sent - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/79617-youngest-halifax.html

Eldest - unnamed Mortgage Provider for Charges and incorrect maths.

• 3 weeks later...

It's my first visit to this thread and I imagine, it won't be my last. As an associate, my wife is listed on my credit file which I have received a copy of today. I am rather horrified to find that there is a default shown in respect to Shop Direct financial services. My wife was made bankrupt in 2/2001 and it has now dropped off her credit record. She had an account with Great Universal, not Shop Direct. can i take it that this is the same company. I have tried to find a web site for Shop D but it is "temp" unavailable. Great Universal were one of the creditors at the time of her bankruptcy and I don't think it should have been marked as defauly; but what do I know? Can any one enlighten me on this situation and perhaps an address for Shop Direct/Great Universal as I'm going to have to write to get this default removed.

Joesoap,

Try Great Universal Essentials - shop for all the latest in fashion and homeware

Address is;

Littlewoods Shop Direct Group

Directors Office

Thynne Street

Bolton.

BL3 6AX.

Be prepared for a battle cus these people are......................:mad:

Good Luck.

Thanks. I found an address for shop direct financial services in bootle, it appears to be the head office. Would this be better or is it no better than the one you have gave. Because of the bankruptcy I think the amount should have been settled, not defaulted so I'm gonna send me quid and send this. Good idea or not?

I have no recollection of ever receiving such a notice, and I therefore require you to substantiate this data. You should be aware that I was made bankrupt (now discharged) on 28/2/2001 and Great Universal was made aware of the fact and it was listed as a creditor to the Official receiver. Using my extensive knowledge, I believe that this account should have been marked as satisfied; certainly not default. However, whether I am right or wrong, please follow up the following request.

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit). Your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order to cover the statutory fee.

2. Please also supply me with a signed, true and certified copy of the original default notice.

3. You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974.

I would request that this data is provided to me within the next 14 days. If you are unable to provide this data then I require all adverse information to be removed completely, including any defaults that may have been applied. Please note that mere correction or amendment to the entry will not be acceptable.

Guest willowb

Hi, sorry to 'butt in' :) I think you need to be sending a statutory notice and not a request under CCA. If the debt was settled as part of bankruptcy then the CCA request would be futile (and they have no legal obligation to supply the origional default notice if it's a closed/settled account - as far as I remember). Go to the section of this forum re templates and look up 'stat notice'm, modify that and send it to them. If they do not respond or respond with an unsatisfactory response you can then issue a claim against them to remove the data from your file.

IMO:)

Wxxx

You can check out my threads if you like, you need to sift a little:o but everything you need is in there.....I'm about to post on my Barclaycard one. I'll link them in a mo.

Wxxx

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/30197-barclaycard-default-removal-6.html

willowb

Brain isn't working too well at the moment; number 1 son getting married shortly and I'm running around like a blue a*sed fly. Can't find the template I should but I did notice a rather long screed on post 1 of your barclay thread. Can I use and adapt this?

IM

bump

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...

I have sent my s12 (1) letters to the three companys involved, experian etc and i recieved the same sort of sod of letter. so I am also looking at processing the N1 gilly if you get any info first relating to POCs and what needs to be in them would you mind pming me a copy.

Mr Paul LeverConsumer Compliance ExecutiveDirectors' Office, get ready for some work, as you will soon be getting it in the hundreds

Pen

If I have been of some help please click my scales :) thank you

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

Sorry, not been on for ages as broadband is not working!!! I contacted the ICO on their website and printed off the complaints form and sent it, no answer yet

Gilly

Nationwide - Initial letter 06 th Dec 06.

LBA 20th dec 06.

MCOL 05th Jan 07.

Paid in full 17th Jan 07.

Lloyds - S.A.R requested 12th Dec.

Acknowledged 20th Dec 06.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...