1st Credit - (1st Credit Audit Team)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have been reading these threads and glad I have found this site, hopefully someone will be able to help me out. Here goes my storey.

I have received a letter from first credit which was given to from the person living at my old address as this had been sent to the wrong address however addressed to me.

This letter advises me that I owe a sum of money (large amount) with the creditor being 1st credit. I have never entered into any credit agreement with 1st credit. I understand this may be a debt that has been bought by 1st credit as the amount owing is similar to a loan company that I owed money to from approx 2005.

This letter kindly advises me that they are unaware of any legally valid reason for non payment or of a reasonable offer being made. As this is the 1st letter I have received from them no wonder I haven’t been in contact with them as didn’t know this was there, I’m assuming they have been sending letters to the wrong address in the past. It goes onto to say they are considering whether they should issue a statutory demand. Then kindly goes onto to inform me the implications of bankruptcy.

Please can you offer some advice on the best way forward to deal with this issue? - So far I haven’t had any contact with this company as haven’t received any correspondence to my address which I have lived in for over 4 years.

Thanks

Edited by outerspace79
Error

I personally would advise the person living at your address to return any mail rec'd or if they give it you just write on it not at this address and put back in the mail

Let them work for their pittance

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

The weird thing is that the debt from the loan company was registered at my new address so i dont understand why when 1st credit get involved they start sending it to my previous address, i understand this address would have been on the application however they should have the correct address.

The other issue is the old address is currently isnt owned by anyone as this has been left in a will however they may be split 3 ways and i could end up with a share - however dont want to sign anything for the property as 1st credit may find this out? How would this impact the situation?

Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

How long is it since you have 'acknowledged' this alleged debt. You say that you have heard nothing for at least 4 years, and a debt becomes Statute Barred after 6 years of no contact/ payments between you and the original creditor and or their nominees.

An SD can be easily set aside if they go down that route, and a charge on your possible portion of the house you mention is way in the future, if at all.

As suggested, I would ask the current tenant or whoever passed on this one letter, to mark not known at this address and return the mail whence it came.

Hi, Thanks for the reply - The loan was originally taken out at the start of 2005

- i had issues and contacted them at the start of 2006 which they refused my offered payment and told me they were going to sell my debt on (Nice considering they have went bust now) - There hasnt been any payments made since 2006 as have been waiting for the next company to contact me.

I havent received anything to my new address which i have lived at for 4 years however it appears 1st credit have decided to send it to an old address? This letter has them as the creditor and not the original loan company so wasnt sure what that was about either?

Does anyone else have any suggestions or is it a case of just returning the post? I spoke to the national debtline and they advised to write them a letter advising they are contacting the wrong address and then gave a list of options.

1. Ignore them and hope they dont do anything (Risky they said)

2. Send an offer of payment

3. CCA Them?

I'm not sure of the best way forward - As surely if i just send the letters back they will just bankrupt me? This isnt what i want

Hi Outerspace :)

1st Crudit (how the h**l are they still in business?) are one of the meanest DCAs around. They introduce themselves with threats of bankruptcy, because they like to scare and intimidate. However, they have frequently gone further with their threats - it gets them into shedloads of trouble and yet somehow they still crawl out of the gutter to damage yet more people.

They have 'traced' you with inaccurate information.

Either you avoid standing up to them, or you take a stand and snarl right back.

IMO, I'd send them a CCA request.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Cheers - Sounds the plan as i gather they arent going to disappear. So the plan i guess is to send them a letter advising them that i have received their letter that has been handed to me however this has been sent to the wrong address and then advise them of the new address to send any correspondence.

Within this letter ask them to provide proof of the CCA agreement. (Does anyone have a template that i can send please?)

Also does anyone know if 1st credit buy debt as on this letter it states that they are the creditor however i have never taken credit from these?

And can i send a letter recorded delivery to a P.O Box as this is the only address i have for them.

All help appreicated as going to get this ball rolling........... I guess this is only the start

They havent even bothered with a CCJ - They are just saying that they are considering to make me bankrupt. I dont understand why they would take a debt on then bankrupt me??

Anyway can anyone help with these q's below in red please?

Within this letter ask them to provide proof of the CCA agreement. (Does anyone have a template that i can send please?)

does anyone know if 1st credit buy debt as on this letter it states that they are the creditor however i have never taken credit from these?

And can i send a letter recorded delivery to a P.O Box as this is the only address i have for them?

And can i send a letter recorded delivery to a P.O Box as this is the only address i have for them?

Recorded delivery - yes, Special Delivery - no.

1st Credit's correct address:

1st Credit

The Omnibus Building

Lesbourne Road

REIGATE

RH2 7LD

Although on their letters they list the postcode as being RH2 7JP which Royal Mail says is incorrect. Shows how good they are :D

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Excellent will be sending this letter ASAP, along with a paragraph added advising them that they are writing to the wrong address with new details added. Will update this thread once i hear the next bit

Does anyone know if 1st credit actually buy the full debt as on their letters they say they are the creditor whereby on threads i have been looking at they nomally say re your agreement with.....

Thanks

If on their letter they say they are the creditor then they probably bought the debt.

Why do they threaten bankruptcy? Because they're thugs in suits. Maybe it gives them a thrill to scare people to death, maybe they're such a bunch of inadequates they enjoy the feeling of control it gives them.

I think you need to make a photocopy of the letter and send it to the OFT etc.

But send that CCA request, make sure it's recorded and never, never be tempted to talk to them on the phone. :) xx

PS Outerspace, read this. It's the HTML version of the document issued by the OFT re. 1st InCrediblyBad. The PDF document can be downloaded at the top of the page:

1stCreditRequirements

PPS Note the date of the document.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Thanks guys i will be sending a complaint to the OFT as not contacting the correct address and then saying they were going to bankrupt me is a joke...

Anyway i've sent CCA request off and received a reply to the correct address. They are now having to request the doc off their client which is strange as the previous letter they were saying they were the creditor hence the CCA request. Think they need to make their mind up. What is the turn around time for them sending the CCA or will it be upto the client to send it as i'm guessing they have to contact the company and then will they send it to first credit then me or will it be sent striaght to me?

Oh and also how can they write to me and say they are the creditor when it appears they arent and probs havent bought the debt....

Turnaround is 12 + 2 working days. After this time you can send the 'account in dispute' letter. If and until you receive a valid CCA and all other documents requested, there should be no further contact pushing for any kind of settlement, neither can they pass the alleged debt onto any Solicitors (theirs or not) or any other DCA.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick one. I beleive the turn around time is 12+2 for a CCA request. So i'm guessing from the date i sent my letter 24th March i will have to wait until Friday 10th April before sending them a chase up letter?

I have received a letter from them to my correct address now advising of the request. A couple of things:

1st - How can they send me a letter advising they are the creditor then when i ask for the CCA the letter now states that the original company is the creditor? (Strange) and they have requested a copy to be sent.

2nd - Does anyone have a letter that i can send on Friday as quite keen to have this ready to send via recorded delivery 1st thing on Friday if i dont get it as sick of them hounding me.

Any help is appreciated :0)

Can anyone help with the above q's please?

Edited by outerspace79
Spelling Mistake

Unfortunately 1stCredit do buy lots of debts for pennies then hound their victims with threats. They seem to use the same generic template letters to cover both purchased debts and assigned debts. Probably because they can't trust their threat centre staff to press the right buttons.

It took them 9 months to come up with an unenforceable application form which doesn't even say what I'm applying for ,to my CCA request. As well as a letter full of jargon telling me they'll seek enforcement if I don't make payments.

I'd sit back now and wait for them to come up with your agreement, these matters don't resolve quickly. The longer you wait the nearer to getting SB it becomes. Meantime if they keep contacting you while you're waiting , don't forget to complain to TS and OFT. It makes a difference and they're already on the naughty stool with OFT:-D.

Hi All,

Just need some guidance as the the next steps. I have CCA'd 1st credit and recevied a reply back the next day saying they are getting agreement from client.

The 12+2 days are now up - Do i just sit back as suggested by verywary or do i need to send any sort of letter advising them they havent fulfilled my request?

Any help appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Some help or further advice needed. I have received within the 12+2 days the CCA for my debt. I have found my original copy that i have and the copy sent to me is excatly the same and the correct agreement.

Is there anything further i can do or is it time to make an offer to this company as they have provided what i have requested or is there anything else i can do?