Halifax Overdraft Withdrawal No Notice!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I checked my account online today to see what i had in there and was totally shocked!!!!!!!

I have had for over 8 yrs an arranged/authorised overdraft of £3850 which i am usually well into.

However today overnight my Overdraft has changed from £3850 down to £900 leaving me nearly £2600 in an UNAUTHORISED overdraft which they are demanding back at 10% a month and my account is on hold, i can't buy food or anything and i have been told to phone their Customer relations Dept on monday as i may have a case for reinstating my OD as they never wrote me any letters online or by paper.

Has this happened to many people , it just seems a way of claiming extra payments back at customers expense, i am completely stuffed now.

If i open an account with someonelse will i be accepted as i am a debtor to the Halifax overnight!!!!!!!!!!

You should be able to open another account with another provider today. I would suggest perhaps popping into your local branch and asking them to start the process of investigating this issue TODAY

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

It seems total madness to me. I have been a good customer for over 21 years with them, yes in an overdraft quite a lot but it was an authorised overdraft that they made a nice bit out of, i get my salary of around £1900-£2000 paid in there as well, seems totally stupid to me why they did this?

Spoke to their relations dept today and my OD has been reinstated and she said she doesn't know why it would have happened in the first place.....not convinced. There is a down side in that it is up for review end of june, she said i will then need to contact them 10 working days prior to state that i wish to continue with my OD in its current form.

Will wait and see as i'm not entirely convinced ......in the meantime a new account has been opened with another bank as back up.

Halifax are routinely dropping O/D limits with little or no warning. I would as a matter of precaution use your new account for income and expenditure and pay off an amount each month to the O/D. You cna pretty much guarantee they won't renew it in June and they will take away your salary leaving you with no money.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Halifax are routinely dropping O/D limits with little or no warning. I would as a matter of precaution use your new account for income and expenditure and pay off an amount each month to the O/D. You cna pretty much guarantee they won't renew it in June and they will take away your salary leaving you with no money.

My thoughts exactly.......

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, i had trouble with the Halifax taking my OD away with NO notice, this has been reinstated, but i don't trust them and have opened a parachute account. However my query is if i do a complete swap to the new bank will Halifax immediately want payment on the OD as i'm always in it or will the new bank take on the OD as they say if i use their swap service they "may" match my current OD.

I don't want to end up in a fight with halifax as i will lose especially with OD's, i was very happy with them , but i truly don't trust them, my OD is up for review in June when no doubt they will stitch me up .

Watch they don't delay transfer of DD's, I moved to parachute account and my new bank asked Halitwats to transfer details electronically, this they refused to do!

Ended up with DD's being taken from Hali, but with no cash going into that account ended up with over £300 in charges for returned DD's.

FOS have managed to get this cleared as part of hardship claim, but it has still being ongoing for the last 6 months!

Don\'t let the B**tards grind you down