Help, 5" 8 stone women assalted by bouncer

Out4Revenge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi my girlfriend was on a night out last week( 1st time in years due to diagnosed social phobia) when this alledged assualt took place, I wrote the following letter to the manageress of the night club, I did this as we have a friend who works there who said that there had been a lot of complaints about this type of thing, especially from women!

Dear Xxxxx

I wish to complain about mine and a friends treatment by your door staff when we were entering your club at about 10.50pm on saturday 7th march 2009.

We entered the club and my friend bumped into the posts which are used as dividers where you pay, one fell over. The doorman came and said that we could not go in as my friend was "****ed". She was not "****ed" she was a little merry having had 3 small glasses of wine over a period of about 4 hours. I accept that we can be refused entry for whatever reason, so we should probably of just left, unfortuneately we were in a large group, so I said that she wasn't "****ed" she had just bumped into them, he said quite politely that we still couldn't come in, OK, we were not happy about this and said so, I asked if we could at least let someone know that we couldn't get in.

I must say at this point that it is common sense to do this for women on their own in a strange town, and I feel strongly that it is wrong for doormen not to allow this!

So I will admit that I was being quite verbal, but still non-threatening about this, but the doorman was still very calm and didn't seem worried by my behaviour. He was still politely ushering us toward the door and we were moving toward it.

At this point several other doormen came down the stairs and just grabbed me and my friend by our arms, twisted them up our backs and "threw" us out.

I can only speak for myself at this point but I was very shocked and in great pain, my friend has said that I went "hysterical" at this point, and I must admit that my memory of this is somewhat fuzzy due to my anger/pain.

The "Gentleman" who had hold of me, had my hand in his and was squeezing it very very hard, in my opinion he was deliberately doing it as hard as he could, in fact he snapped two of my acrylic finger nails, which is no mean feat! It felt like he'd ripped 1 off at the time. My shoulder is also very sore, it feels like it's been wrenched and twisted and I can't move it in certain directions because of the pain, which makes driving very difficult and painful, i am a mobile nail technician, I have bruises up my arm although those are small and faint as I don't bruise easily.

Bearing in mind that I have admitted that we had both had 3 small glasses of wine over a period of about 4 hours, I feel that we were in no way so "****ed" that either of us would be violent, especially as I'm only 5 feet tall, weigh less than 8 stone and female, I am 30 years old and run my own business so I could hardly be considered a threat or a "psycho" as one of the doormen said after throwing us out.

I would ask you to review the tapes from your security camaras at the time, about 10,50 pm to see if there was any call for...

a, us being forcebly removed, I maintian that we were not refusing to leave, I believe we were moving towards the door. If I am wrong about this,,,,,,

b, was there any need for the restraining type hold to be used on two (2) females, who both in all probabilty weigh less that one (1) of the doormen who "manouvered" us outside, and,,,,,,

c, why was so much pressure applied, at least in my case, to the hold on our arms, once again we both weigh under 8 stone!

If I was in some way scaring or making the doormen feel threatened, then I apologise, this was not my intent, as I made clear at the time. we didn't feel safe as we don't go out very often and never into Xxxxxxx City centre so late at night. I also felt it nessesary, at the very least, to inform the other people we were out with that we couldn't get in, so they wouldn't panic when we didn't turn up, all perfectly reasonable in my opinion.

The "doormen" are trained "professionals", are all used to dealing with much larger, aggresive and scarier people than me and my friend, so I find it impossible to believe they had to act in the manner they did, no matter what they "thought" was going on, note I say "thought" as they just came over, grabbed us and threw us out, at no point did I see or hear the first doorman call for help ( although I will stand corrected if he did ), they just came, grabbed, threw, without first finding out the situation.

I feel that this cannot help your clubs reputation, although I know that they are not connected to your club other than as outside contractors, I also believe that you have recieved other complaints regarding these doormen, especially their treatment of women.

Could you please have a look at the tapes and let me know what conclusions you come to as soon as possible.

Your Sincerely

I sent this 5 days ago but I'm worried that the CCTV footage might be destroyed before I can take action, so my questions are,,,,

Is there a time limit for how long they have to keep footage?

What are my right to view the footage?

Can I ask for the "gentlemans name and SIA number?

And is there anything else I should be doing?

She has been to the doctors about her very sore shoulder, the doctor said that her shoulder was swollen and she could feel muscle damage, she also burst into tears while there, just like she has morning, noon and night since, I'll add that she is being treated for depression and anxiety.

Thanx Jimi

She should photograph her injuries as well as get the doctors report. She needs to make a complaint to the police who should then look at the CCTV footage.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

i would make the complaint to the police as well

from seeing this from the other end (not as bouncer barstaff working with a bouncer) i can tell you any complaints to the pub will be read out to the staff and then (in one case anyways) used as a beer mat for the after hours staff drinks

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Thanx, she's going to the police, I'm not sure if the manager would treat the complaint like that, I know a staff member very well and she's said the themanager is a honest and nice person, but we'll see.

I've now got the SAR ready to go today, I'm also sending a covering letter asking to see the recording without the need of the SAR, just to see if they will, you never know.

dont let the police try to pass it off as a civil matter

they will probably try as then it wont show on crime statistics

but as far as i can see its an allegation of assult and seen as there was visably injurys should bve taken as criminal matter

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Nope, she was and is way to upset, also scared she might of done something wrong, I'm trying to reasure her but it's difficult fighting against her depression and anxiety, I made her go to the doctors yesterday when she rung me in tears again, the docs doubled her pills, I really hope this help, it's the worst I've ever seen her in the 9 years I've known her to be honest.

I'm not sure how she'll cope with the police though:sad:

the police are nothing to be afraid of, she does need to make a statement though asap..take photographs of her injuries.

I worked the doors for 20 odd years. There were many bullies working then and I know there are now.

What is the area your from. I ask because if your near me I could give you a contact number to get it dealt with properly and quickly.

Fisrt thing though, go to police and get it logged (crime number). They will investigate.

If my advice helped you please click my star