Natwest Financial Statement Form -help!!!

marta78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, i have as recenlty as last week sent a preliminary letter to Natwest reclaiming my bank charges on the basis of financial hardship. They have today sent me a letter saying that because of the TEST CASE they will only consider my claim if i fill out their Customer Financial Statement. Based on this they will then decide whether i really do fall under the "hardship" category.

What do i do now? Do i reply to this or do i continue with the normal procedures listed in the forum?

The letter states that even if i am considered to be in financial hardship they might not refund the charges but give me "guidance" on how to avoid debt or change my account to a cash card only account and cancel all my direct debits amd standing orders.

I have not been able to find anything close to this on the other threads there is so much stuff out there!!!!!!!! I would really appreciate a reply:)

Hi,

two issues here really. First proceed as you were doing and get this into court so you are in a better position come a possible victory.

Second, if you feel you fall within the financial hardship category complete the form as they have requested and send as much info to back it up as possible.

• Haha 1

Hello everyone, i have as recenlty as last week sent a preliminary letter to Natwest reclaiming my bank charges on the basis of financial hardship. They have today sent me a letter saying that because of the TEST CASE they will only consider my claim if i fill out their Customer Financial Statement. Based on this they will then decide whether i really do fall under the "hardship" category.

What do i do now? Do i reply to this or do i continue with the normal procedures listed in the forum?

The letter states that even if i am considered to be in financial hardship they might not refund the charges but give me "guidance" on how to avoid debt or change my account to a cash card only account and cancel all my direct debits amd standing orders.

I have not been able to find anything close to this on the other threads there is so much stuff out there!!!!!!!! I would really appreciate a reply:)

Marta, I have been involved in another forum where there has been 3 offers in the last few days. The financial statement is the way banks should determine if you are in hardship. This involves usually arrears such as rent/mortgage, council tax, utilities and such like. The bank may telephone to clarify parts of the form but this is fairly usual. How far back did you go with regards to the charges? Excluding Statute of limitations argument, you can go back to 27th July 2001. Good luck and if you need further advice well, you know where to post.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf