Beckett V Northern Rock Settled In Full

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

After watching our Trev on the telly, I decided to look into the money I have spent over the years and I have sent charge requests to Northern Rock, Halifax, Lloyds TSB and Barclaycard.

I will keep you updated with my findings charge wise. There are plenty of institutions left for me to explore such as Lloyds TSB Credit Card, Loan, Citifinancial, you name it but of course i dont want to complicate things at the moment.

It is interesting to note that my letter send 2nd class on 06 June was replied by Northern Rock the very next day and I have since discovered £200.00 in charges has been paid (including £120.00 on 1 day for returning 4 items) hardly in line with actual cost methinks.

I have sent Northern Rock my letter and will see if they wish to settle now or at the small claims court. I will persue this to the bitter end so lets hope for their sakes that they want to get it over and done with now.

Good luck everyone, everywhere. I will keep you updated with my progress.

I must forewarn, get your complaints in now for tomorrow could see pressure by the banks to close our arguments!

Halifax WON X 2, Northern Rock WON, Capital One WON, Marbles WON, HSBC WON

On the 25th october I will be filing a claim for £175.00 Citicards. Just watch it!

• 2 weeks later...

NR responded on 15th with a "your complaint is being dealt with".

I called them today (21/06) and I was told with it with their legal team.

Legal Team, if you are reading this, I am going all the way!:) :o :)

On the 25th october I will be filing a claim for £175.00 Citicards. Just watch it!

• 4 weeks later...

After receiving a rather harsh reply, I proceeded with moneyclaim.

NR have today acknowledged receipt.

they wont grind me down, its payday soon!

spoke to Lynn Matthews, lovely lady, asked her what is happening, court hasnt sent her a blue form so they have asked the court for it.

what is a blue form???

she will update me whether we are going to court (lets hope so, I am ready!) or just settle.

will keep you all updated!

received acknowledgement from the court

Northern Rock intend to defend signed Peter Ashcroft Solicitor

well others seem to get their Northern Rock monies straight away after the claim is acknowledged. Seems like NR will be joning me in court (rubbing hands).

after reading other northern cock posts, they have paid up after acknowledging!

still £1.33 in my account.

Is this common, my moneyclaim has turned to DEFENCE

Defence

You are unable to take any further action online on this claim.

The Defendant disputes the whole amount you have claimed. Your claim cannot proceed online and will be transferred to the appropriate court for continuation. You will receive confirmation to where the claim has been transferred to shortly.

Of course I will go to the bitter ends anyway, but was expecting a payout now as per others!

Don't worry. More banks are getting to this stage now. They're trying to scare people off and go as far as they possibly can before they give in. You might find that you get sent an allocation questionnaire by the court. Just fill it in and send it back. They'll probably give in soon after that.

Good Luck.

Letter From Northern Rock When I Got Home.

I Know I Am New To This Court Malarkey But Hello, They Settled In Full!!!! And Added A Bit Of Interest As Well!!!

Game Over, Allah Be Praised

It was touch and go with the defence filed today, cheque waiting when i got home.

WTG mate . brill

Freebird

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

went to NR with the NR cheque and asked for the cash, was told it would take 4 days to clear.

i asked (in front of everyone) if NR was worried that they didnt have £300.00 in the deposit account and was worried NR would bounce their own cheque.

also pointed out interest accrues each day the cheque in uncleared. if they want it settled, it would have to be cash,

walked out having closed my account with a wallet full of money

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have just sent Zoot's letter with the tail end of the template LBA giving them a final 7 days. They replied back today, it has been passed over to their legal dept.

I think LM is either a sarcastic, rude, frustrated old bag or a fat blonde carpet muncher? Take your pick.:-x

Are you now saying that NR have settled your claim instead of going to court?

I hope so. :lol:

Cheers

Ned.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

just checking again on whether NR have settled your claim or gone to court? It has been over 2 months since your last post. If you have been persuaded to sign a confidentiality form, just reply to me and say so and I will take that as a success on your behalf wiithout you having to divulge any info.

Cheers

Ned

Hi

thanks for the quick reply. I have just re-calculated all of my charges and intend to fill in Moneyclaim form on line tonight. I just needed some reassurances that the BANKERS have paid claims out?

You have just made my day.

Cheers and good luck with any other claims 0;)

Ned