• Tweets

• If anybody has any advice here, it would be greatly appreciated, I already suffer with pre-existing disabilities & have struggled with this so far. 
    • so return of goods order etc etc read upload  scan pages to jpg, redact in mspaint. the convert to and merge to one mass PDF  read upload and use the online listed sites for all 3 stages. do you want to keep the car? i will guess this was a manual paper claimform direct from the co.court or was it org sent from salford bulk processing and has just got reaq ssigned?      
    • Speaking of the reformatory boys, here they are with all of their supporters, some of whom traveled with them from miles away, all carefully crammed together and photographed to look like there were more than about 80 .. rather like Farages last rally with even fewer people crammed around what looked like an ice cream van or mobile tea bar ... Although a number in the crowd apparently thought they were at a vintage car rally as they appeared to be chanting 'crank-her'. A vintage Bentley must be out of view.   Is this all there is? Its less than the Tory candidate. - shut up and smile while they get a camera angle that looks better
    • in order for us to help you we require the following information:- Which Court have you received the claim from ? Canterbury Name of the Claimant ? Moneybarn No 1   How many defendant's  joint or self ? One Date of issue –  29/05/24 Acknowledged by 14/06/24  Defence by 29/06/24  Particulars of Claim PARTICULARS OF CLAIM 1.  By a Conditional Sale Agreement in writing made on 25th August 2022. Between the Claimant and Defendant, the Claimant let to the Defendant on Conditional Sale. A Ford Ranger 3.2 TDCi (200 P S) 4x4 Wildtrack Double Cab Pickup 3200cc (Sep.2015) Registration No, ******* Chassis number ***************** (“The Vehicle”).  A copy of the agreement is attached  2.  The price of the goods was £15,995.00. The Initial Rental was £8500.00.  The total charge for credit was £3575.;17 And the balance of £11,070.17 was payable by 59 equal consecutive monthly instalments of £187 63. payable on the 25th of each month. 3.  The following were expressed conditions of the set agreement, Clause 8: Our Right to End this Agreement  8.1   Subject to sending you the notice as required by law, any of the following events will entitle us to end this Agreement: 8.1.2  You fail to pay the advance payment (if any) or any of the payments as specified on the front page of this agreement or any other sum payable under this Agreement. 8.1.3 If any of the information you have given us before entering into this Agreement or during the term of this Agreement was false 8.1.4 We consider, acting reasonably, that the goods may be in jeopardy or that our rights in the goods may otherwise be prejudiced. 8.1.5 If you die 8.1.6 If a bankruptcy petition is presented against you; if you petition for your own bankruptcy, or make a live arrangement with your creditors or call a meeting of them. 8. 1.7 If in Scotland, you become insolvent or sequestration or a receiver, judicial factor or trustee to be appointed over any of your estate, or effects or suffer an arrestment, charge attachment or other diligence to be issued or levied on any of your estate or effects or suffer any exercise, or threatened exercise of landlords hype hypothec 8.1.8 If you are a partnership, you are dissolved 8.1.9 If the goods are destroyed, lost, stolen and/or treated by the insurer as a total loss in response to an insurance claim. 8.1.10 If we reasonably believe any payment made to us in respect of this Agreement is a proceed of crime. 8.1.11 If steps are taken by us to terminate any other agreement which you have entered into with us. Clause 9.  Effect of Us Terminating Agreement 9.1 If this Agreement terminates under clause 8 the following will apply 9.1.1 Subject to the rights given to you by law, you will no longer be entitled to possession of the goods and must return them to us to an address as we may reasonably specify, (removing or commencing the removal of any cherished plates) together with a V5 registration certificate, both sets of keys and a service record book. If you are unable or unwilling to return the goods to us then we shall collect the goods and we'll charge you in accordance with clause 10.3 9.1.2 We will be entitled to immediate payment from you for all payments and all other sums do under this agreement at the date of termination 9.1.3 We will sell the goods or public sale at the earliest opportunity once the goods are in a reasonable condition which includes a return of the items listed in clause 7.1.4 9.1.4 We will be entitled to immediate payment from you of the rest of the Total Amount Payable under this agreement less: ( a) A rebate for early settlement ias required by law which will be calculated and notified to you at the time of payment (b) The proceeds of sale of the goods (if any) after deduction of all costs associated with finding you and/or the goods, recovery, refurbishment and repair. Insurance, storage, sale, agents fees, cherished plate removal, replacement keys, costs associated with obtaining service history for the goods and in relation to obtaining a duplicate V5 registration certificate 4, The following are particulars required by Civil Procedure Rules. Rule 7.9 as set out in 7.1 and 7.2 of the associated Practice Direction entitled Hire Purchase Claims:- a)     The agreement is dated 25 August 2022. And is between Moneybarn No1 Limited  and xxxxxxxxx under agreement  number xxxxxx. b)    The claimant was one of the original parties to the agreement. c)    The agreement is regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. d)    The goods claimed Ford Ranger 3.2 TDCi ( 200 PS) 4x4 Wildtrack Double Cab Pickup 3200 cc (Sep2015} Registration No ^^^^^^^ Chassis number ***************** e)     The total price of the goods £19570 f)     The paid up sum £1206 5 g)    The unpaid balance of the total price £7505 (to include charges) h)    A default notice was sent to the defendant on 20th February 2024 by First class post i)      The date when the right to demand delivery of the goods accrued 14 March 2024 j)      The amount if any claimed as an alternative to delivery of the goods 7505 22 include charges 5.  At the date of service of the notice the instalments were £562.89 in arrears. 6. By reason of the Termination of the Agreement by the notice, defendant became liable to pay the sum of £7502 7. The date of maturity the agreement is 24th August 2027. 8. Further or alternative by reasons of  the Defendant breaches of the agreement by failing to pay the said instalments, the Defendant evinced an intention no longer to be bound by the Agreement and repudiated it by the said Notice the claimant accepted that repudiation 9. By reason of such repudiation the claimant has suffered loss and damage. Total amount payable £19570 Less sum paid or in arrears by the date of repudiation £12064 97 Balance £7505 (to include charges.) ( The claimant will give credit if necessary for the value of the vehicle if recovered.)  The claimant therefore claims 1.    An order for delivery up of the vehicle 2.    The MoneyClaim to be adjourned generally with liberty to restore,  Upon restoration of the MoneyClaim following return or loss of the vehicle. the Claimant will ensure the pre action protocol for debt claims is followed. 3.    Pursuant to s 90 (1)  of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. An order that the Claimant and/or its agents may enter any premises in which the vehicle is situated in order to recover the vehicle should it not be returned by the Defendant 4.    further or alternatively damages 5.    costs Statement of truth The Claimant believes that the facts stated in these Particulars of Claim are true. The Claimant understands that the proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes or causes to be made a false statement in the document for verified by statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth. I am duly Authorised by the Claimant to sign these Particulars of Claim signed Dated 17th of April 2024  What is the total value of the claim? 7502   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? No   Never heard of this   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? n/a Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? No   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After  Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? In a garage  Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Yes  Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Original Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? n/a   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? They said sent but nor received   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? None seen   Why did you cease payments? Still Paying,   What was the date of your last payment? Yesterday  31st May 2024   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes on 12 Feb 2024   What you need to do now.   Can't scan, will do via another means as you cant have jpg  
    • Now that is an interesting article which adds afew perspective that I hadn't thought significant - but on reflection of the perspectives offered ... Now Starmer is no Blair, however 'blairite he may be perceived, but the Tories aren't tories and aren't even remotely liberal   The fast 'unannounced and unexpected election call from sunack may well be explained by the opinion linked that he hoped reform would be unprepared and effectively call a chunk of Farages largely empty bluster - making him look even more of a prat, leave scope for attacks on shabby reform candidates and mimimise core vote losses to reform - while throwing the 'middle ground' (relative) tories TO THE DOGS - and with the added bonus of likely pacifying his missu' desire to jogg off to sunny cal tout suite somewhat   thumb in the air - I expect about 140ish tory seats, but can hope for under a hundred Reform - got to admit the outside possibility of 1, maybe 2 seats with about 8% of the vote - but unlikely. I think projections of over 10% of the vote for reform is nudged and paid for speculation - but possible with the expected massive drives from Russian, Chinese and far right social media bot and troll prods targeting the gullible.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

GBZSTRO Vs HSBC (multiple accounts)

gbzstro
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just started this process as I have a number of accounts with HSBC and all of then at some time have been occurred penalty charges.

I have the accounts with HSBC :-

Current account (personal)

Current Business A

Current Business B

Joint account (personal)

Loan account (personal)

Any way letter of data protection act request sent off with £10 enclosed. (12th July 2006)

21st July letter received back from HSBC saying that all bank statements will be provided to me (for Business account A only) along with cheque for £10? – note only one account mentioned.

28th July – have sent letter back to HSBC stating my original request that ALL information for ALL accounts should be provided – I also enclosed the original cheque back to them to cover the cost.

Why did they offer to do this for free (one account only) and return the cheque ???

My advise if free and is worth exactly as much as you paid for it….

HSBC 28 Oct 2006 Personal accounts ~ Offered and accepted ~ £3514 :)

HSBC 15 Sep 2006 Business ~ Offered and accepted ~ £4980 :)

MBNA 7 Sep Offered and accepted £2290 - (my amount £1170 plus Compound Interest) using the "phone call method" :o

FREEWAY 28th Oct ~ offered and acepted £506 :)

TSB VISA MCOL £300 - court date 27th March 2007

Hello GBZ

I don't smell a rat as yet, it has been quite normal for HSBC to return the £10 cheque. As for the info for one account, I would imagine that they have not read your letter properly.

Let's see what the next letter turns up!

Crusher :D

• 2 weeks later...

To day I have recived ALL my statements - now begins the taks of filling in the spread sheet .

MBNA 7 Sep Offered and accepted £2290 - (my amount £1170 plus Compound Interest) using the "phone call method" :o

OK I need some advise here…

HSBC have sent me all my statements dating back some 6 years (quite a lot of post actually) but all the statements show is the following:-

29 JAN INTEREST DR 1.01

29 JAN TOTAL CHARGES DR 18.00

Do I need to request a breakdown of the total charges in order to proceed? Or do I just add up all the total charges and submit that as a claim ??

Thanks in advance for all that reply.

no just add them as total charges in one total on spreadsheet good luck

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

Hi gbz

I just added up my total charges. They seem to be an overdraft charge plus any DD, SO, cleared cheque etc. let through by the bank, all collected within the charging period. Mine ranged from £27.50 to £92!!

There's a sticky near the top of the group which give's more info. The bank accepted my "schedule of charges" no probs.

warning letter "if charged" sent 9th July 2006

- no reply

prelim. claiming £884.46 inc. interest sent 24th July

- no reply

LBA claiming £894.46 inc. interest sent 6th August

- reply on 10th August offering £675 - declined :p

- another reply on 31st August offering £844.50

- money in bank on 5th September - SUCCESS :cool:

to be continued..........

Hi,

No - this is what to expect - I would suggest you read through the posting in the HSBC Group which says "newcomer then please feel free to use this..." it is a brilliant step by step and also explains the charges. The Total Charges are an item you can claim, and just list ir as they descibe it in the spreadsheet.

As for the interest - this is a different matter and slightly more complicated - but if you go the thread I mentioned, you will see this explained in one of the links.

Also, make sure you read the FAQs on the main forum - there is a great explanation there with the excel spreadsheets - there are 2 versions, and the more complex one works out all the interest for you - just read it slowly (I got it wrong the first time).

BEST OF LUCK

Dinahjl :grin:

HSBC - 2 Accounts - owe us £5.8K

10 Aug offer received of 50% owed on smaller account. We Replied and REJECTED offer

11 Aug 2nd offer made on same account - £500 higher! REJECTED AGAIN

18 AugMoneyclaim submitted for £3848 on main account. ACKNOWLEDGED 23 Aug.

30 Aug Moneclaim prepared for 2nd acc £2389.56

9 Sept RECEIVED OFFER IN FULL SETTLEMENT OF £6134.30:-D :-D :-D

If you have found my advice or comments helpful - please rate them by using the scales above. THANK YOU:)

Many thanks for the replies – reading the FAQ again makes things much clearer. Based on the above I picked an easy account – ie low transactions and am somewhat shocked to see £1,600 in TOTAL CHARGES – this is separate from the overdraft interest charges.

Looking a tad closer it seems that HSBC have charged me £25 per TRANSACTION while I have been over drawn – and this includes DEPOSITES . (this is a business account)

So the account is overdrawn – £10 gets paid in and HSBC then charge me £25 – the net result is the overdraft extends by £15 – this beggars belief.

Account balance is currently -£950 so I have just transferred £1000 to correct it - only to find out that they have CHARGED ME ANOTHER £25 (because I was over drawn) as this was a “transaction”.

Frankly the HSBC beggars belief IMO.

Right now onto the more complex accounts…

It is unbelivable isnt it! But the fun part is working out the interest they have charged that you can also claim back - use the complex version of the spreadsheet if you are comfortable with it and you really start to see the numbers add up!

Good to know this will all be coming back to you - and of course there is an extra 8% on everything if they play silly games and you proceed to issue court order!

Best of luck

10 Aug offer received of 50% owed on smaller account. We Replied and REJECTED offer

If you have found my advice or comments helpful - please rate them by using the scales above. THANK YOU:)

These are the summary charges on my accounts going back 6 years.

Current account (personal) £1,474

Current Business A £2,268

Current Business B £1,608

Joint account (personal) £1,193

Loan account (personal) £0 – Result !

Now am I best to split off the business accounts and the personal accounts as two separate claims? Which would give the following totals.

Personal £2,667

Business £3,876

The reason for asking about the split is that I can not separate “normal” bank charges on the business account I.E. 60 pence to cash a cheque from the “you have gone over your overdraft limit” penalty.

I plan to send off the prelim approach for payment on Monday 14th August.

Yes - you must make 2 claims - this will ensure you get the total amount due on each account - and the bank cannot try and use money paid back to you from the personal acc to repay anything on the business one.

With the business charges - if it is not clear from the statements what is what, take a look in the Welcome to our Forum section - there is good advice on this.

I think you can tell the bank you want a full breakdown of the charges.

Good luck for Monday.

Good advice – I will have to request further breakdown of the “Total Charges” as they appear on my business bank statements – I need to split out the normal traction costs against the penalties.

A few questions.

I am ready to send the prelim letter on my personal accounts £2,742 – should I wait until I have the further details from the business accounts before preceding?

Should I set up new accounts ASAP with another bank? – will I be “blacklisted”

Hi -

Send your letter on the personal account now - it is separate from the business one so don't delay.

HOWEVER, I would open a new account with another bank BEFORE you send the letter - it can take time to set up, transfer you Direct Debits and salary etc - so do this before you start and when the new bank looks at your record, there will not be a note that HSBC have closed your account.

With regards Blacklisting - there are several schools of thought on this - as I understand it, the bank will probably write to you within 30 days of paying you back everything they owe you, to say they "no longer wish to conduct business" and giving you 30 days to close your account.

The problem, is that you have to declare, when applying for credit on anything, whether you have ever been refused a bank account, or had banking services withdrawn. My advice - beat them to it, and once you have your new account set up and ready to go - close the account with HSBC.

Hope this helps

D

OK I will set up new accounts, deliver the prelim for the personal accounts and request detailed breakdown of the "TOTAL CHARGES" on the business statements.

I have decided now to send in the prelim 14 day request for the business account - I know the total amounts

Current Business A £2,268

Current Business B £1,608

But not the included (and hidden) amounts for cheque or DD transctions this will come to about £100 tops!

I will leave it to the bank to weed out these charges as it is in there interest to do so, not mine. they may over look them as they fight fires over this issue.

New business and personal accounts opened - just took 30 mins in the branch of the A&L. (I do not need any credit seting up). Had to show three years audited accounts for the biz accounts.

• 2 weeks later...

The HSBC have just sent me a letter (in response to one I sent in early August) Questing overdraft charges on my Business account B.

“ I refer to your latter dated 4th August 2006 regarding the management charge of £4.00 you have incurred on a daily basis.

Please be advised as the account was overdrawn for around 90 days with out an agreed overdraft limit and the above account is a business account (why would this matter?), you incur an additional management charge. I hope that this information resolves you matter.”

:-o :-o :-o £4 per day - because it is a business account :evil:

I am just filling out my MCOL (just in case...) On the last section that do I put down as the daily interest?

Sum claimed * ((8%/365)/100) = per day rate ??

"Also interest at

the same rate up to the date of judgment or

earlier payment at a daily rate of £XXXX."

I am just filling out my MCOL (just in case...) On the last section that do I put down as the daily interest?

Sum claimed * ((8%/365)/100) = per day rate ??

"Also interest at

the same rate up to the date of judgment or

earlier payment at a daily rate of £XXXX."

Original amount claimed x 0.000.222 gives you daily rate - on a £1000 is 0.22 per day

• Confused 1

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

OK my prelim letter on the two business accounts was ignored (14 days have gone by) so I will now fire off a LBA letter - I am not sure why this is much shorter for the Business version - so I will modify it to include the referance to my prelim letter of 16th August.

• 2 weeks later...

Today is the 12th... so unless by some fluke there is an offer waiting for me when I get home then I will be filing a MCOL at 00:10am (13th Sep) for my personal accounts.

MCOL for the business accounts will be filed on the 15th...

MCOL issued for Personal Accounts

13/Sep/2006

6QZ63230

Total claim inc MCOL fees £3386.11

My MCOL claim for the personal accounts was issued on the 13th Sep and going by the MCOL blurb...

The defendant has 14 days from the date of service of the claim to respond. The date of service is calculated to be 5 days from the date the claim is issued.

This gives until 23:59 on the 2nd October to respond - after this I win by default.

No letter has home some MCOL claim number two has been filed

14 Sep 2006

£4840

HSBC Business Accounts

spacer.gif6QZ63927

Requested

Did you go for contractual interest with HSBC like you did with MBNA?

First Direct - Settled in full 01/07

Capital One - Settled in full 06/10/06

MINT - Settled In Full 30/08/06

HSBC - Settled in Full 15/12/06

Barclays - - Settled in Full 29/11/06

Morgan Stanley - Settled In Full 03/10/06

MBNA - Settled In Full 23/09

American Express - Settled in Full 30/11/06 via bailiffs

No, I left it plain and went for the 8% MCOL

BTW both of my MCOL's are now "issued" so I guess that it now just a waiting game...