GBZSTRO Vs HSBC (multiple accounts)

gbzstro
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just started this process as I have a number of accounts with HSBC and all of then at some time have been occurred penalty charges.

I have the accounts with HSBC :-

Current account (personal)

Current Business A

Current Business B

Joint account (personal)

Loan account (personal)

Any way letter of data protection act request sent off with £10 enclosed. (12th July 2006)

21st July letter received back from HSBC saying that all bank statements will be provided to me (for Business account A only) along with cheque for £10? – note only one account mentioned.

28th July – have sent letter back to HSBC stating my original request that ALL information for ALL accounts should be provided – I also enclosed the original cheque back to them to cover the cost.

Why did they offer to do this for free (one account only) and return the cheque ???

My advise if free and is worth exactly as much as you paid for it….

HSBC 28 Oct 2006 Personal accounts ~ Offered and accepted ~ £3514 :)

HSBC 15 Sep 2006 Business ~ Offered and accepted ~ £4980 :)

MBNA 7 Sep Offered and accepted £2290 - (my amount £1170 plus Compound Interest) using the "phone call method" :o

FREEWAY 28th Oct ~ offered and acepted £506 :)

TSB VISA MCOL £300 - court date 27th March 2007

Hello GBZ

I don't smell a rat as yet, it has been quite normal for HSBC to return the £10 cheque. As for the info for one account, I would imagine that they have not read your letter properly.

Let's see what the next letter turns up!

Crusher :D

• 2 weeks later...

To day I have recived ALL my statements - now begins the taks of filling in the spread sheet .

MBNA 7 Sep Offered and accepted £2290 - (my amount £1170 plus Compound Interest) using the "phone call method" :o

OK I need some advise here…

HSBC have sent me all my statements dating back some 6 years (quite a lot of post actually) but all the statements show is the following:-

29 JAN INTEREST DR 1.01

29 JAN TOTAL CHARGES DR 18.00

Do I need to request a breakdown of the total charges in order to proceed? Or do I just add up all the total charges and submit that as a claim ??

Thanks in advance for all that reply.

no just add them as total charges in one total on spreadsheet good luck

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

Hi gbz

I just added up my total charges. They seem to be an overdraft charge plus any DD, SO, cleared cheque etc. let through by the bank, all collected within the charging period. Mine ranged from £27.50 to £92!!

There's a sticky near the top of the group which give's more info. The bank accepted my "schedule of charges" no probs.

warning letter "if charged" sent 9th July 2006

- no reply

prelim. claiming £884.46 inc. interest sent 24th July

- no reply

LBA claiming £894.46 inc. interest sent 6th August

- reply on 10th August offering £675 - declined :p

- another reply on 31st August offering £844.50

- money in bank on 5th September - SUCCESS :cool:

to be continued..........

Hi,

No - this is what to expect - I would suggest you read through the posting in the HSBC Group which says "newcomer then please feel free to use this..." it is a brilliant step by step and also explains the charges. The Total Charges are an item you can claim, and just list ir as they descibe it in the spreadsheet.

As for the interest - this is a different matter and slightly more complicated - but if you go the thread I mentioned, you will see this explained in one of the links.

Also, make sure you read the FAQs on the main forum - there is a great explanation there with the excel spreadsheets - there are 2 versions, and the more complex one works out all the interest for you - just read it slowly (I got it wrong the first time).

BEST OF LUCK

Dinahjl :grin:

HSBC - 2 Accounts - owe us £5.8K

10 Aug offer received of 50% owed on smaller account. We Replied and REJECTED offer

11 Aug 2nd offer made on same account - £500 higher! REJECTED AGAIN

18 AugMoneyclaim submitted for £3848 on main account. ACKNOWLEDGED 23 Aug.

30 Aug Moneclaim prepared for 2nd acc £2389.56

9 Sept RECEIVED OFFER IN FULL SETTLEMENT OF £6134.30:-D :-D :-D

If you have found my advice or comments helpful - please rate them by using the scales above. THANK YOU:)

Many thanks for the replies – reading the FAQ again makes things much clearer. Based on the above I picked an easy account – ie low transactions and am somewhat shocked to see £1,600 in TOTAL CHARGES – this is separate from the overdraft interest charges.

Looking a tad closer it seems that HSBC have charged me £25 per TRANSACTION while I have been over drawn – and this includes DEPOSITES . (this is a business account)

So the account is overdrawn – £10 gets paid in and HSBC then charge me £25 – the net result is the overdraft extends by £15 – this beggars belief.

Account balance is currently -£950 so I have just transferred £1000 to correct it - only to find out that they have CHARGED ME ANOTHER £25 (because I was over drawn) as this was a “transaction”.

Frankly the HSBC beggars belief IMO.

Right now onto the more complex accounts…

It is unbelivable isnt it! But the fun part is working out the interest they have charged that you can also claim back - use the complex version of the spreadsheet if you are comfortable with it and you really start to see the numbers add up!

Good to know this will all be coming back to you - and of course there is an extra 8% on everything if they play silly games and you proceed to issue court order!

Best of luck

10 Aug offer received of 50% owed on smaller account. We Replied and REJECTED offer

If you have found my advice or comments helpful - please rate them by using the scales above. THANK YOU:)

These are the summary charges on my accounts going back 6 years.

Current account (personal) £1,474

Current Business A £2,268

Current Business B £1,608

Joint account (personal) £1,193

Loan account (personal) £0 – Result !

Now am I best to split off the business accounts and the personal accounts as two separate claims? Which would give the following totals.

Personal £2,667

Business £3,876

The reason for asking about the split is that I can not separate “normal” bank charges on the business account I.E. 60 pence to cash a cheque from the “you have gone over your overdraft limit” penalty.

I plan to send off the prelim approach for payment on Monday 14th August.

Yes - you must make 2 claims - this will ensure you get the total amount due on each account - and the bank cannot try and use money paid back to you from the personal acc to repay anything on the business one.

With the business charges - if it is not clear from the statements what is what, take a look in the Welcome to our Forum section - there is good advice on this.

I think you can tell the bank you want a full breakdown of the charges.

Good luck for Monday.

Good advice – I will have to request further breakdown of the “Total Charges” as they appear on my business bank statements – I need to split out the normal traction costs against the penalties.

A few questions.

I am ready to send the prelim letter on my personal accounts £2,742 – should I wait until I have the further details from the business accounts before preceding?

Should I set up new accounts ASAP with another bank? – will I be “blacklisted”

Hi -

Send your letter on the personal account now - it is separate from the business one so don't delay.

HOWEVER, I would open a new account with another bank BEFORE you send the letter - it can take time to set up, transfer you Direct Debits and salary etc - so do this before you start and when the new bank looks at your record, there will not be a note that HSBC have closed your account.

With regards Blacklisting - there are several schools of thought on this - as I understand it, the bank will probably write to you within 30 days of paying you back everything they owe you, to say they "no longer wish to conduct business" and giving you 30 days to close your account.

The problem, is that you have to declare, when applying for credit on anything, whether you have ever been refused a bank account, or had banking services withdrawn. My advice - beat them to it, and once you have your new account set up and ready to go - close the account with HSBC.

Hope this helps

D

OK I will set up new accounts, deliver the prelim for the personal accounts and request detailed breakdown of the "TOTAL CHARGES" on the business statements.

I have decided now to send in the prelim 14 day request for the business account - I know the total amounts

Current Business A £2,268

Current Business B £1,608

But not the included (and hidden) amounts for cheque or DD transctions this will come to about £100 tops!

I will leave it to the bank to weed out these charges as it is in there interest to do so, not mine. they may over look them as they fight fires over this issue.

New business and personal accounts opened - just took 30 mins in the branch of the A&L. (I do not need any credit seting up). Had to show three years audited accounts for the biz accounts.

• 2 weeks later...

The HSBC have just sent me a letter (in response to one I sent in early August) Questing overdraft charges on my Business account B.

“ I refer to your latter dated 4th August 2006 regarding the management charge of £4.00 you have incurred on a daily basis.

Please be advised as the account was overdrawn for around 90 days with out an agreed overdraft limit and the above account is a business account (why would this matter?), you incur an additional management charge. I hope that this information resolves you matter.”

:-o :-o :-o £4 per day - because it is a business account :evil:

I am just filling out my MCOL (just in case...) On the last section that do I put down as the daily interest?

Sum claimed * ((8%/365)/100) = per day rate ??

"Also interest at

the same rate up to the date of judgment or

earlier payment at a daily rate of £XXXX."

I am just filling out my MCOL (just in case...) On the last section that do I put down as the daily interest?

Sum claimed * ((8%/365)/100) = per day rate ??

"Also interest at

the same rate up to the date of judgment or

earlier payment at a daily rate of £XXXX."

Original amount claimed x 0.000.222 gives you daily rate - on a £1000 is 0.22 per day

• Confused 1

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

OK my prelim letter on the two business accounts was ignored (14 days have gone by) so I will now fire off a LBA letter - I am not sure why this is much shorter for the Business version - so I will modify it to include the referance to my prelim letter of 16th August.

• 2 weeks later...

Today is the 12th... so unless by some fluke there is an offer waiting for me when I get home then I will be filing a MCOL at 00:10am (13th Sep) for my personal accounts.

MCOL for the business accounts will be filed on the 15th...

MCOL issued for Personal Accounts

13/Sep/2006

6QZ63230

Total claim inc MCOL fees £3386.11

My MCOL claim for the personal accounts was issued on the 13th Sep and going by the MCOL blurb...

The defendant has 14 days from the date of service of the claim to respond. The date of service is calculated to be 5 days from the date the claim is issued.

This gives until 23:59 on the 2nd October to respond - after this I win by default.

No letter has home some MCOL claim number two has been filed

14 Sep 2006

£4840

HSBC Business Accounts

spacer.gif6QZ63927

Requested

Did you go for contractual interest with HSBC like you did with MBNA?

First Direct - Settled in full 01/07

Capital One - Settled in full 06/10/06

MINT - Settled In Full 30/08/06

HSBC - Settled in Full 15/12/06

Barclays - - Settled in Full 29/11/06

Morgan Stanley - Settled In Full 03/10/06

MBNA - Settled In Full 23/09

American Express - Settled in Full 30/11/06 via bailiffs

No, I left it plain and went for the 8% MCOL

BTW both of my MCOL's are now "issued" so I guess that it now just a waiting game...