What are standard charges for Sheriff chasing CTAX debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm tired of Scott and clowns adding zeros to my friends account.

What is the process for claiming back charges from this set of losers and what are acceptable fees assoaciated with writing scary letters.

Thanks all

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

What charges are they adding and what type of account is it?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 1 month later...

This is probably a question for rory32 but if anyone else can answer feel free.

I have been advising people on here and firmly believed that the council could not refuse payments or arrangements to pay, but I am now not sure due to an existing issue with a DCA/Council.

Can a council refuse an offer of payment and instead refer you to the DCA?

If so why?

The DCA does not buy council tax debt therfore they are only the pond life charged with collecting. Right?

Help

Hi UnmoderatetheNet, as you say, the council dont sell the debt, they aim to collect in full, in my experience it has always been sheriff officers who pursued the debt with the council adding a 10% surcharge. This is one for Rory.

I think it is usually a matter for the Local Authority. Some may be reluctant to take the debt back from the DCA as they do not have the capacity or systems to monitor that the arrangement is being adhered to. Some will take the debt back. Also if the payments were not maintained the Council would then have to pass the debt back to the DCA to do dilligence, arrestment, attachments etc.

sorry to be blatantly bumping this but does anyone know what the deal is with councils refusing payment.

Where does it state that councils can choose to ignore any cheques received or bin any completed DD mandates received????

Councils unlike private companies are governed by written code of practice

Have you considered making a complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman about your council not accepting payments?

Local Government Ombudsman

23 Walker Street

EDINBURGH

EH3 7HX

Telephone: 0131 225 5300

Fax: 0131 225 9495

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Have you considered making a complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman about your council not accepting payments?

Local Government Ombudsman

23 Walker Street

EDINBURGH

EH3 7HX

Telephone: 0131 225 5300

Fax: 0131 225 9495

I tried making a complaint to Ombudsman, but was informed I have to go through the council complaints procedure first

You tend to get this reaction with all ombudsman departments.

They are there to be used when you've exhausted the normal channels.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 2 weeks later...

What are the standard charges for a DCA Sheriff chasing a council tax debt?

Can they charge whatever they want?

Are the fees regulated or documented?

Thanks caggers

For the granting of a summary warrant a surcharge of 10% of the outstanding balance is added.

If further action is required through diligence then the following fees apply http://www.opsi.gov.uk/legislation/scotland/ssi2008/pdf/ssi_20080430_en.pdf

• 1 month later...

Who is the Scottish equivalent of the FOS for sheriffs?

I've noticed a sharp increase in lies and blatant abuse of OFT guidelines from Scott and clowns and believe they are well over due for a complaint or two.

It’s also good to tell people where to go if they feel they have been unjustly treated.

I thought it was straight forward enough.

So let me further explain. When Blair, Oliver and Scott or Moorcroft don't supply a CCA for example you report them to FOS. At least I hope you do.

Now Scott and clowns generally deal with council tax but despite there sheriffs status they are prone to abusing the system, sending misleading letters and they employ collections staff who they later have to claim ‘are retraining and our fully trained staff would never say things like that’.

They also state in numerous letters I’ve seen that they deal with summary warrants at sheriff’s court and are outside the remit of FOS.

So who are the Scottish equivalent for the FOS or who keeps the Scottish sheriffs in line because I for one would love to know.

Who is the Scottish equivalent of the FOS for sheriffs?

I've noticed a sharp increase in lies and blatant abuse of OFT guidelines from Scott and clowns and believe they are well over due for a complaint or two.

It's not actually a sheriff you would be complaining about, it's a sheriff's officer, which I think is where the confusion arose.

You can send your complaint in writing to the Sheriff Principal - call your local sheriff court for contact details.You could also make a complaint to the Society of Messengers-At-Arms and Sheriff Officers.

The Sheriff Principal has the power to fine and censure the company and individuals in question, as was the case with Stirling Park (owned by the DCA Intrum Justitia no less). The Sheriff Principal is the only person who can take away a sheriff officer’s right to practise.

• Haha 1