• Tweets

• Is the letter headed Letter of Claim/before Claim or similar? If not, it sounds like more of the threatogram chain. If you're not sure, post up an anonymised copy of the letter and we'll check. HB
    • So guess what, we have received a final demand letter for £100. It states if payment is not made by 11/06 they will have no option but to forward the case to their litigation dept with a view to commence County Court Proceedings. So just wondering if anyone has any advice. Do we ignore this? or do we need to take action? Thanks 
    • hi dx, thanks for helping just re-reading everything this morning and I must have missed this one from uncle in his thread "What you should not do, is not contact the Banks and simply default on payments. "  are you in disagreement with this based on your last sentence?
    • Thanks for the reply and clarification, that might just explain why in my case contact has pretty much ceased. Though with such companies it doesn't mean they won't ever threaten to return to court as a tool to force one's hand if they feel they are not self informed on their chances etc.  But concerning how last year they tried to use the CCJ to get a charging order and the court granted an intirum order on our mortgage using the CCJ that would have been a good 2-3 months beyond the 6 years, should the court not have checked the age of the CCJ in the first case or would they always grant an interim order simply off the back of a CCJ being produced without even checking the age of it?.  Had I not defended that action at the time they may well have got a default using a CCJ older than 6 years which could be a concern going forwards. At the time when I contacted the court to question the paperwork for a final order application the clerk suggested people don't get informed when companies apply for interim charging orders, they are automatic if a claimant has a CCJ and people only get contacted once a date for a final order application goes through. kind of begs the question if such companies can continue a seemingly backdoor method to attempt default action if un-defended if the initial application doesn't need to check the age of a CCJ?.
    • Hello!  Wondering if someone can help with this.  I suspect not but worth a go.  I appreciate the "contract is with the seller" line, which is what Evri has fed me but wanted to see if someone with experience in these things could suggest anything else I could do here.  I appreciate there are many topics about lost parcels - My parcels weren't lost, until the driver walked up to my door with them and then decided to make them lost/stolen... I'll summarise what has happened.  Wednesday of last week - Evri delivery driver stole / walked off with 3 of my parcels.  -  Arrived outside my properly, took photos (3 separate photos as its 3 separate deliveries) of the tops of the parcels (pointlessly zoomed in on just the labels, couldn't see anything else, other than a small piece of the pavement and a little weed, which doubly confirms it was outside my door as I can see the same plant), marked the order as delivered and walked off with them.  He's marked on the Evri GPS marked that he was outside.   -  3 different deliveries, from the same company (same boxes etc.), but 3 separate tracking numbers. -  Went through the Evri bot which opened a case on each tracking number.  I then phoned them and left a voicemail explaining what had happened. -  24 hours later had a canned response asking me if the packages had turned up and to check around etc..  I responded explaining again what happened and that they've definitely been taken. -  4 days later,  this morning, I get a response telling me to ask the merchant to refund me. I've responded to this message with a long email, repeating what I said, that I believe the driver has stolen these packages and that he took those suspicious top down shots of the packages, marked them as delivered without ringing or knocking etc.  I've said that I expect them to investigate further, but I gather they won't. In my several messages to them initially and later, I told them I don't care about a refund and wanted the parcels.  They contain some sentimental stuff, nothing of high monetary value, hence me going to this trouble.  I only paid £25 for the contents. I did contact the merchant when this first happened and they asked me to wait a few days.  They ended up refunding me despite me asking them not to and that I wanted them to escalate it with Evri because this appears to be a case of theft.  They didn't seem bothered - Refunded me and told me to go back to Evri and escalate it with them? So - Is there any way to compel Evri to conduct a proper investigation with this driver?  Search for my parcels? I have quite a lot of deliveries handled by Evri (not out of choice) - They used to have a fantastic chap and I rarely had any issues.  He has been replaced by a new guy and I believe the route is handled by this same guy who I believe has taken my packages.  Naturally, I fear this is going to happen again in the future if no investigation occurs. Appreciate any assistance - Thanks for reading. Al.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Crapbot/Morgan Stanley card claim - lost!

cups
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Please bear with me and this tale of Crapbot as they are known on this site.

Back in February 2008 I made a CCA request re this account, which at about this time changed to GOLDFISH Bank. Made the request to GOLDFISH and they did nothing except pass it on to Crapbot.

So when Crapbot contacted me back in May 2008 I asked them for an agreement as well. Pointing out that i had already asked Goldfish two months earlier!

Since then I have had the occasional Crapbot 'we are looking for you agreement type letter' but nothing else.

Today I get a copy of an application form and terms and conditions for a Goldfish bank credit card,,nothing like the Morgan Stanley Dean Witter stuff. The agreement is totally unreadable and says on the bottom of it 'application form'. There seems to be something missing on it (where it talks about employment details) and where I have signed it there is a suspicious looking mark next to what purports to be my signature. Also the date next to my signature does not look like my writing.

Crapbot have sent me a notice of assignment but it has someone else's name on it.

I have tried for some time to transfer the files to here but cannot do it at the moment. I have managed to zoom in on the application form and the text is unreadable.

I was going to send them a get lost type letter about unenforceability,,and the text etc being unreadable.

Cups

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Cups,

You can certainly send them that letter.

If the application form is illegible then it doesn't comply. Obviously if the card was MSDW they should be sending you a copy of that agreement. I'm surprised they are sending out Goldfish T & Cs, most of us are being sent the Barclaycard ones as they now own Goldfish/MSDW. Some of us are actually getting copies of our MSDW application forms at the moment, blown up to A3 and almost illegible - was yours like that? - but others have been sent nothing at all.

I am the world's worst at uploading files, so what I'd suggest you do if you have the time is do a search for MS or MSDW and Goldfish, and see if you can find something that looks like what they have sent you.

I don't like the sound of the dodgy signature and date either.

I wrote back over a month ago about my illegible application form and its discrepancies and haven't had a response.

I expect other people will reply and direct you to their threads. Noomill saw them off, and MajorPaine is about where I am.

DD

Hi DD

Thanks for your response. Mine is A4 size but the application form is really tiny. The other thing I notices is that it is not signed at all by them which I think makes it unenforceable.

Crapbot have sent me another letter recently about a v old Associates account saying they cannot find anything to do with it,,so i think they have me on their radar,,which i find amusing,,

Cups

• 1 month later...

Hi

Crapbot get better every time. They have sent me a letter saying that they big white box in the middle of my 'application form' isn't their problem and that fact that the form cannt be read isn't a problem either!

They also say that as i have paid two installments then I accept the debt. I stopped paying Goldfish over a year ago,,so maybe someone else is paying for me,,

Going to tell them to get lost,,I think the white blocked out bit covers PPI which they probably mis sold to me and accounts for most of the debt. I may float this past them,,and see what they say?

Any one else still getting the Crapbot crap for Morgan Stanley?

Cups

Hi

Had a response and they don't know what is under the white area of no text, the form is still unreadable,,they are idiots at Crapbot,,

Anyone else had the same?

Cups

Cabot have had mine for about a year now also...they will say anything to try to get you to pay.

By the sound of it they wouldn't stand a chance with this in court...it is a requirement that the document is both legible, and contains the prescribed terms.

Have you ever had a Default Notice?

I suspect they have lifted your signature from something you have sent them in the past, infact they must have done as its not a MSDW app. form

My advice is to ignore them and let them issue a court claim...but really they would be mad to, and they know it:D

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Thanks for that. I am going to write back and say leave me alone. I can see that some of it looks like my writing, which is legible but the actual form is completely illegible, even if it is enlarged it it impossible to read it.

They are really trying to decieve me with the form, I gues that the blanked out area covers over a PPI section!

Cups

This might shut them up for a while:D

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANT DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY OR ANY COMPANY YOU CLAIM YO REPRESENT

Thank you for your recent letter sent to me, postmarked XX XXXX 2008 and received on the XX XXXX 2008 the contents of which are noted.

First of all I would point out :

The Application form you have sent is illegible and I am unable to clearly assess its contents. This contravenes the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1557).

Regulation 2 states:

2 Legibility of notices and copy documents and wording of prescribed Forms

(1) The lettering in every notice in a Form prescribed by these Regulations and in every copy of an executed agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in the Act and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act shall, apart from any signature, be easily legible and of a colour which is readily distinguishable from the .

Furthermore, I note that you have replied to my request by sending a copy of an Application form and your current terms and conditions . I must inform you that this is not sufficient to comply with my request and that your company is still in default under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The Act demands that I be supplied with a true copy of any properly executed credit agreement that exists in relation to the above account providing that a fee of £1.00 is paid. This fee was sent with my original letter, received by you on XX XXXX 2008.

Sending an Application form is a breach of the Act and Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 as, apart from the information that the regulations provide that you may exclude, the copy must be a “true copy” of the agreement. For the avoidance of any doubt section 3(1) of the 1983 regulations shows that, subject to certain limited exceptions, any copy of an unexecuted agreement must be a ‘true copy’. This means that it must be identical to the agreement as presented or sent to the debtor for signature.

Section 3(2) of the same regulations states what may be excluded from copy documents: There may be omitted from any such copy- (a) any information included in an executed agreement, security instru*ment or other document relating to the debtor, hirer or surety or included for the use of the creditor or owner only which is not required to be included therein by the Act or any Regulations there under as to the form and content of the document of which it is a copy.

As you will know, under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, a judge is not permitted to make any enforcement order unless the creditor can provide a true signed copy of the original credit agreement. This means that unless you can produce such an agreement, this alleged debt is not enforceable in law, as shown below.

s127(3) provides that the court may not make an enforcement order unless a document containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor

If therefore any of the prescribed terms is missing, or incorrect, the agreement is not enforceable against the debtor, and the court is precluded from making an enforcement order.

As already pointed out, the document sent is illegible and I am unable to see if the prescribed terms as required by section 60(1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 are present. The Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553) made under the authority of the “1974 Act” sets out what the prescribed terms are, I refer you to Schedule 6 Column 2 of SI 1983/1553 for the definition of what is required. I have not written them here for you as I’m sure you are well aware of them.

You had until the XX XXXX 2008 to provide me with the true copy I requested. After that date you entered into, and currently remain in, default of my request.

In addition, I draw your attention to the Office of Fair Trading’s guidance on debt collection which was issued July 2003 (updated December 2006), relating to debt collections and what the OFT considers unfair. I have enclosed an excerpt from page 5 of the guidance which states:

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

h. Ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

k. not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or

disputed debt.

Whilst the account remains in dispute (for clarity, the lack of a legible and compliant credit agreement is a very clear dispute), under section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 you may not enforce the agreement. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:

-You may not demand any payment on this account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

-You may not add any further interest or charges to this account.

-You may not pass this account to any third party.

-You may not register any information in respect of this account with any of the credit reference agencies. The requirement for consent to share data is a clear requirement of the Data Protection Act 1998. Any such attempts to share my data without my consent (given in the form of a signed credit agreement) will be met with a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office.

-You may not issue a default notice related to this account.

Please note that to register information with the credit reference agencies, or to issue a default notice, would also be in breach of Section 13.6 of The Banking Code, which stipulates that you can only register such information if the amount owed is not in dispute.

I look forward to your reply.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Thank you for that, it seems to cover all of the points. I will send that off this week, the more I think about it the more it seems that they have pasted my details on to a form, my details are legible but the form is not which doesn't make sense,

Cups

Hi

I am going to send that letter off tmrw. What seesm strange is that the print of their form is blurred to the point that it is totally unreadable, the print of my writing is legible and always has been which does not make sense.

The 'white box' is definitely an omission that is deliberate, it is too square and straight edged to be anything other than deliberate!

Will keep you posted.

Cups x

Hi

They say I have no complaint and pay up or else,,this is rather stroppy on their behalf . They are going to get a letter and a half back. I think that the white box is probably PPI, and rather that pay that back to me they are trying to ignore it.

Cups

Hi cups,

I keep getting the same letter. I've got to the stage where I am ignoring them because they completely ignore any questions or points made in my letters to them. No phone calls for ages though, and I gather a lot of other people on other threads also haven't heard from Debitas in weeks! :)

DD

Hi DD

I am going to send one last letter. I have threatened to go to Kent Police, they know that there is a deliberate omission on the form but they choose to ignore it, they must know what it is! The form is also illegible, completely,,all very straange.

See what they say about the police,,

Cups

Sorry, cups, I was muddling up my crapbots with my crapones when I mentioned Debitas (who are crapone).

Anyway, although you should have a Goldfish agreement :D I thought you might like to look at Chris v Morgan Stanley (urgent help please) He and I have got almost the same form, balance tranfer rate, etc., but obviously cut and pasted because he's got two extra questions about PPI and card protection which aren't on mine. Both our question 4 is missing but that can't be ppi because on his PPI is Q9.

I just wondered if they were trying to put a Goldfish heading on an MSDW application in your case.

By fluke Chris and I applied for our cards on the same day. Can we seriously believe that one form had more questions than the other.

DD

• 2 months later...

Hi DD

Been away for a while and just changed jobs.

Not heard from them for a while, told them to get lost. I think now that I have written on here I will get a letter tmrw.

They have already told me they could not enforce it in a court so maybe they will try to, you know what they are like.

Cups

• 5 months later...

Hi

After hearing nothing for all this time I have received a county court claim from Crapbot's solicitors (Morgans).

Particluars of claim are that I owe them **** and that is it.

I have just been looking through their letters and reslised that Goldfish / MSDW have sold the debt to Crapbot after I CCA'd them. I sent a CCAt to Goldfish in February 2008 and they never responded, then sold it to Cabot in April 2008. Can they do that?

Also the DN that Goldfish sent is dated 29/01/08 but just gives the date for remedy as '28 days from the date of this notice'. It also shows that the action that is required for remedy is payment of the total of the arrears £0.00. So in effect I had to pay nothing to remedy the problem. This doesn't make sense either? Also nowhere on there does it show that it is a Mrogan Stanley dean Witter card, I was supposed to work that out for myself, it just gave an account number.

Any advice woulod be great

Cups

Thanks Spamheed

I have gone through the corries I have and the notice of assignment was sent by Cabot on a piece of Goldfish headed paper? There is no account number or anything on it, as it was originally a MSDW account this is just rubbish!

Also Cabot have ignored my complaint I made in April this year and have made no contact with me since then.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cups:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have sent off a request under the CPR, sections 18 and 31 to Crapbot so they got it on the 24th December. i need to put in a defence before 18th Jan, are there any ideas about how long I should give them to respond?

I doubt they will.

Thanks

Cups

Hi

Crapbot have replied with another illegible copy of an application form, terms and conditions that are different again, statement of account that is only for 2007 - 2008, notes from their system and a notice of assignment, that I have never ever had. They also sent a copy of 'a letter before action' that I have not received either!

They say that they have asked MSDW (now Goldfish) for a copy of the 'deed of assignment', surely they would have that already?

They have completely ignored the DN that Goldfish have sent me, surely they must have wamted that from Goldfish if they were to take legal action. maybe they have ignored it because they know it is all crap?

Have to do defence statement now:eek:

Anybody got any thoughts on their behaviour?