RE Am I committing benefit fraud...

nick-name
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Post edited. Thanks for the help and advice below. I decided to take my personal probs off public display as it also attracted some humourous private messaging also could be seen as ignorant/prejudiced whichever way you look at it. Cheers anyway, this forum has already helped me a lot.

Edited by nick-name

Well... DLA is non means tested.. so you wouldn't have lost that... however, I think you should be honest and up front with the DSS.. take your community psychiatric nurse with you :)

Relax.. what's the worst can happen to you anyways? They're not going to punish you or send you to jail for this.. your illness will get you off with most things....

Sad but true :)

Just re-read your post - you're not on medication but under a Dr... hmmm... perhaps go get some medication quick and get rid of the voices?!

Thank you for the lightening fast response. I just don't know how I can possibly tell them "I should have told you this 2 years ago" and have any credibility...I thank you for your sane and reasonable advice. I absolutely must keep an open mind and do the right thing.

Well if you don't tell them and they find out, they will be a whole lot tougher on you. Admitting it upfront is more likely to provoke leniency, than to continue hiding it if they find out later.

If you are going to tell them, I strongly urge you to get a welfare officer to act as your representative, or the CAB, as well as ask for the support of your medical professional.

It strongly depends too, on what benefits you receive, as some are not based on income, but do require you to disclose how many hours you work.

I think what you need to ask yourself is this: Can you really continue living with the constant fear of being caught? This is not doing anything to help your illness, if anything this can contribute to exacerbating it.

Given your illness, it is unlikely that you will be sent to prison or expected to work in the community although you will possibly be expected to pay the benefits back. Again, this depends on the benefits you recieved and what they were payable based upon.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)