HSBC and re assigned charges CL Finance LTD

beatsurrender
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Letter arrived today saying my debt as they like to call it has been assigned to CL FINANCE LTD , convienient as i took my claim into court 2 weeks ago is this scare tactics ? I made no agreement on paying them back any useful letters would put me at ease ?

I have a feeling CL are part of HSBC ? am i right crafty B******S?

This is my brothers claim and he panicking i took hbos and yorkshire to court and won but its changed a bit now as my court paper was stayed as its in dispute am i right ?

cheers any help would be appreciated :confused:

Are CL a front for hsbc ? there saying debt has been passed onto them, Bit dodgy this seems as i put claim in to court 2 weeks ago are they stepping up the pressure ?

Good advie from PGH.

They aren't stepping up the pressure. They are just stupid and ham-fisted about everything they do - including about the business of banking apparently.

Letter recieved today from hsbc ( claiming on behalf of my brother )

We would like to inform you that your HSBC Bank curr Account has been assigned to us ( CL Finance LIMITED TEL 0870 751 3399) , This means the ownership of your account has been assigned to us . We have set out the Formal terms of the assignment in the box below.

Further information about what this means contained overleaf of this letter , blah blah blah

We are aware that HSBC has previously agreed a concessionary payment arrangement with you in relation to your account to pay regular instalments of 10 £.

we can assure you that this arrangement will not be affected in any way and you should carry on making payments in accordance with the terms of that arrangement.

however , please note that all payments should now be made direct to us , please see reverse of 2nd page of details how to pay .

Giro slip and direct debit mandate are enclosed blah blah blah .

Your conccesionary arrangement will still be subject to periodic review of your financial circumstances . we will contact you at the appropriate time to undertake review .

yours a unreadable signiture cl finance ltd .

This letter seems dodgy seeing as i put my claim in against the bank 2 weeks ago do you know of any letters or anything to put me at ease as i think they trying to pull a fast one here , im half expecting the phone calls and threats as i got my claim in 2 weeks ago , :grin:

Letter recieved today from hsbc ( claiming on behalf of my brother )

We would like to inform you that your HSBC Bank curr Account has been assigned to us ( CL Finance LIMITED TEL 0870 751 3399) , This means the ownership of your account has been assigned to us . We have set out the Formal terms of the assignment in the box below.

Further information about what this means contained overleaf of this letter , blah blah blah

We are aware that HSBC has previously agreed a concessionary payment arrangement with you in relation to your account to pay regular instalments of 10 £.

we can assure you that this arrangement will not be affected in any way and you should carry on making payments in accordance with the terms of that arrangement.

however , please note that all payments should now be made direct to us , please see reverse of 2nd page of details how to pay .

Giro slip and direct debit mandate are enclosed blah blah blah .

Your conccesionary arrangement will still be subject to periodic review of your financial circumstances . we will contact you at the appropriate time to undertake review .

yours a unreadable signiture cl finance ltd .

This letter seems dodgy seeing as i put my claim in against the bank 2 weeks ago do you know of any letters or anything to put me at ease as i think they trying to pull a fast one here , im half expecting the phone calls and threats as i got my claim in 2 weeks ago , :grin:

Hi BS , :) you may get some good stuff out of this letter of pete castlebest's brush with MCS :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/125577-metropolitan-collection-services-action.html#post1311983

He doesn't mess about and it certainly seems to get results - this was for a stayed claim which was passed to HSBCs pet collection section .... they're not really an agency , but the same applies ....:D

Also have a look at Scarlet Pimpernel's post ( #6 on the same link) that may be close to what you want to say ......

Edited by johnnymitch
afterthought !

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Sorry your post has gone unanswered until now :)

when you say you put your claim in 2 weeks ago you could send them a letter along the lines of this one

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with the **original creditor/DCA** and has been since DATE 2007.

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

My last letter from **original creditor/DCA** was DATE and intimated that my complaint would be

resolved on **DATE**, this obviously hasn’t happened.

As **original creditor/DCA** are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, OFT Collection Guidelines, *Subject Access request and have also breached *s10 Data Protection Act request , I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the **original creditor/DCA** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as **New DCA** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If **New DCA** chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

Hi saintly 1 , nice to hear from you again on HSBC - :)

I must point out that this did not go unanswered...... beatsurrender has had about 4 threads on the go in the last few days - I answered on this one :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/182785-hsbc-cl-finance-po-last-post.html

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I must point out that this did not go unanswered...... beatsurrender has had about 4 threads on the go in the last few days - I answered on this one :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/182785-hsbc-cl-finance-po-last-post.html

Nemo me impune lacessit

Nemo me impune lacessit

Hee -hee ..... of course you are Ma'am .....and I didn't meant to post it three times ....... :lol:

You can't be expected to check every thread and it must have looked like one had slipped through the net ..... :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 2 weeks later...

Aye, they lost it , but are still shamefully hanging in there - rumour has it they're taking it to the Lords now ......... they really are the pits.... :mad:

There's old Sir Fred (well young Sir Fred really) , he's only 50.... retiring on a £650,000 PER ANNUM pension ..... after dropping RBS in the biggest loss known to man ........ and these cretins are fighting (with our money now! ) , to keep their ill-gotten gains .......

Rant over ...... for now ....... :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Oops -just an update on my last from SRfrench :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...t-2004606.html

Sounds encouraging , hope it's right ... :-)

Nemo me impune lacessit