Help Re: Natwest claim please

c9in
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I've been watching this forum on and off and there is so much information flying about its sometimes hard to take onboard. I am basically after advice on speeding up my claim as my route to claiming has not been straight forward

What's happened:

I sent off the template letter below to my branch on the 16th of June with enclosed cheque of £10. (don't worry it had all my details on)

(your address)

[their address]

(date)

Data Protection Act disclosure request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my bank account since (WHEN EVER YOU WANT AS LONG AS LESS THAN 6 YEARS). Alternatively a complete set of bank statements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply data relating to manual intervention because there has been no such manual intervention then please be kind as to confirm this in your response to this request.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me then I shall be reclaiming them.

Yours faithfully,

(Name)

To this date I've had no written conformation of my letter and I only had conformation about 2 weeks ago that they got my letter when I requested an update on the customers services line 0845 6013366. My cheque got cashed about 2/3 weeks ago and still no statements have arrived:evil:

So again today I have rang Natwest up to find out where my statements are as I have paid for them and my data protection deadline has expired (letter was sent 16th June giving 40 days to comply). I got through to a customer services adviser who told me they had been done but were not sent because they did not know which address to send them to. I was gobsmacked at this answer as I only have one address which is the same on my statement and on the data protection letter. So after all the apologies from her she says she will deal with it and get some new ones printed and sent off within the next 7 days.

What should be my next move from here? they have not met my deadline regarding data protection and I am still awaiting statements. Should I contact the FSA etc? Surely by not doing this they have broken the law? I would be grateful of any points or tips you lot can offer me

Hiya,

This seems to be a similar position as I am in and I am double checking on what steps to take next. I sent of mine on the 14th June and I didn't send it recorded so I sent another 20th July and they signed for it the day after. When I phoned just now they said it was sent to another dept on the 6th July so this means they did receive my original of the 14th June therefore have failed to comply which is illegal. I'm not sure whether to wait for my statements which should be with me in 7 days or whether to go ahead and report them.

If I get advice on my thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/15731-lisa-natwest-ive-made.html I will let you know what others think.

Good Luck!

Thanks, glad someone else is in the same boat. Problem is I did not send my recorded but I am 99% sure it got though the post with no problems.

Ditto, good luck with your claim

I'm tempted to give them another 7 days from today to fulfil there promise of sending statements through the post but at the same time I don't want to look like a push over and them think I am "soft". I'm still waiting for some advice on this and if anyone else reads this please can you let us both know what to do from the following:

a) Give them another 7 days and then report them to the information commissioner for failing to comply if they do not fulfil the request. (this way proving that we have been reasonable)

b) just report them now, they have exceeded the 40 day deadline and failed to comply

PPPPPlease someone????;)

Issue this letter: I sent this to Halifax and got my statements within the 7 days. If they dont arrive just issue the summons with estimated figures and amend them when the statements do arrive.

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated (Insert Date, just assume they got it if you didnt send recorded).

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice. TAKE NOTICE my action will ialso nclude an estimated claim for recovery of disproportionate charges and interest.

Yours faithfully

Its WAR

I was getting worried because I didn't touch a drop of alcohol yesterday (honest) and I double checked it and checked again and I keep getting the same dates. Ah well, can't do anything until the 28th anyway, I'm off to the country park with the kids..................oooohhhh I love school holidays:rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

hI

HAVING SAME PROBLEM. SEND ORIGINAL CLAIM LETTER ON 6TH MARCH WHICH THEY RECKON THEY DIDN'T RECEIVE THEN SENT ANOTHER LETTER ON JUNE 8TH I WAS DUE TO RECEIVE MY MONEY ON AUG 15TH, I PHONED ON FRIDAY TO BE TOLD THAT ALL CLAIMS ARE NOW ON HOLD UNTIL FSA AND OFT HAD COMPLETED LEGAL PROCEDINGS. THEY REALLY ARE A BUNCH OF JOKERS!!!

GOOD LUCK

RACH

Hi Rach, welcome on board!

If you start a new thread of your own in this forum we should be able to support you along the way. :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.