• Tweets

• While I agree with getting it done by an authorised dealer in this case, for future reference a stop/start battery for one of these cars are about £120 and anyone with a £40 BMW specific scanner off of Amazon can "register" the battery.
    • Dave, Section 12 seems to be a bit of a dangling limb on it's own, with no reference or explanation about the "breach" of parking out of hours. Also, rather than draw any attention to the specific 22:00 to 08:00 wording on their "draft signage", how about a slight reshuffle ...? 11. The claimant provides 2 copies of the signage on this site. One of the signs shows a time restriction of 2 hours, the other sign shows a parking restriction of 3 hours. 12. The driver stayed under 2 hours so even had the signs been visible the driver would have respected the Claimant's terms & conditions. Are the above strictly needed? The claimant has made no references to an overstay, just "out of hours". 13. The claimant also states in paragraph 8 of the witness statement: "On 17 March 2023 a vehicle with registration number was recorded as having breached the terms and conditions of parking. The driver of the aforementioned vehicle was in breach by virtue of parking on site out of hours." 14. The claimants Exhibit BA/2 also does not specify any times for "out of hours parking". Breach of a non-existent terms is not possible.   Or something along those lines? Screws up the the paragraph numberig a bit though...  
    • The Open University is hosting this event on attracting and developing young talent. Our Deputy CEO Lauren Mistry is speaking during the event.View the full article
    • Just the info in the links I added as far as I can see Just continuing Folding all the companies and trying to remove assets from UK jurisdiction while they are still perhaps under the protection of the Tory guv  it seems Don't know about others opinions, but the police 'awaiting the outcome of years of  meetings talking about it before prosecuting is getting rather thin IMO
    • A findings report on the Competition and Markets Authority’s (CMA) review of price marking practices by different types of grocery retailers.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

keefyboy - v - Capone

42man
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4829 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

This really ought to be on a thread of its own.

I originally sent 2 letters requesting true copies of the agreement. The first request was 21 days ago; no reply to either. I did not explicitly quote the CCA 1974, nor pay £1, however.

I have now made a request under both the CCA 1974 s78 and CPR 31.16 in one letter, hopefully to ensure that both bases are covered and that they supply a copy of the signed executed agreement if it exists. I explicitly request a copy of the signed agreement under the CPR31.16 part of my letter.

I consider that kicking off CPR31.16 as reasonable at this point as my previous letters have gone completely unheeded and I therefore have grounds to suspect that the CC Agreement is being withheld because it is deficient in some manner.

Questions

Q. When requesting a copy of an agreement under CCA1974 s78, is it neccessary to cite CCA1974, or is merely requesting the copy sufficient without mentioning the Act? I think you should have cited CCA1974

CCA1974 s78 says that the CC company must respond within a prescribed period.

Q Where is this 'prescribed period' of xx days described or defined in the Consumer Credit Act 1974? The prescribed period is 12+2 WORKING days. Don't include weekends/bank holidays

Q When does the prescribed period days start:

a) on the day of posting of the request, or The +2 days is for the letter to get there

b) on the first working day on or after posting, or

c) on the day of receipt of the request? This is debateable as each day should be a full 24 hours. If they get the letter at 9 one day, I believe the clock starts at midnight of the same day

Q When does the period expire (assuming that the creditor does not respond with all the requested information):

a) On the expiry of xx days after the start, or 12 working days later

b) on the expiry of xx working days after the start?

Q Is the creditor deemed to have responded if:

a) they have posted their response within xx days from the start, or

b) the debtor has received their response within xx days from the start? This should be the one but the DCA will argue the toss

Q Does the Credit Card company have to physically sign the agreement as well the debtor to make it an 'executed agreement'? NO, They are allowed to omit certain details which is cpr 31.16 is being used a lot more

Q Must any, or all parties date the agreement for it to be 'executed'? Again, allowable details to be omitted

I note that a fee of £1 is payable, though some people seem to dispute that this is payable. I have now sent a cheque or £1.

Now, going to the circumstances of the original agreement:

Section 63(1)

Duty to supply copy of executed agreement.—

63 (1) If the unexecuted agreement is presented personally to the debtor or hirer for his signature, and on the occasion when he signs it the document becomes an executed agreement, a copy of the executed agreement, and of any other document referred to in it, must be there and then delivered to him.

(2) A copy of the executed agreement, and of any other document referred to in it, must be given to the debtor or hirer within the seven days following the making of the agreement unless—

(a) subsection (1) applies, or

(b) the unexecuted agreement was sent to the debtor or hirer for his signature and, on the occasion of his signing it, the document became an executed agreement.

Questions

Under normal circumstances, the Credit card company provides an unsigned pro-forma agreement for the debtor to sign and return.

In the absence of the Credit Card company's (creditor's) signature at that instant, and bearing in mind that I do not think the creditor will necessarily provide a Credit Card, I presume that at that point the agreement is still an unexecuted agreement. I say this because when I alone sign, the Agreement is not yet binding on the Credit Card company.

Q. Comments? Correct. (i think)Once it is signed it becomes an agreement

It would seem that Section 63(2) applies, and that section 63(2)b does not apply, as it was not executed at the time I, the debtor signed the agreement, in the absence of the creditors signature.

I signed and sent off the original agreement, It was not signed by the bank, and so I believe that it was not exeuted at this point. It seems that they should have sent a copy of the executed agreement back to me, (complete with their signature) . I did not receive such a signed copy within 7 days of taking out the card, or indeed at all.

Q. Is this interpretation correct? That I'm not sure about

Section 65(1)

Consequences of improper execution.—

65 (1) An improperly-executed regulated agreement is enforceable against the debtor or hirer on an order of the court only.

Q. If a Creditor is unable or unwilling to produce a copy of the signed agreement at all, even in court, is there any prospect that a court would assume or decide that there was an executed agreement, and that it would be therefore enforcable, due to, for example, the conduct of both parties lending and borrowing as if there were such an agreement? (I consider this highly improbable) Simple answer this, If they can't produce anexecuted agreement, either to you or in court, it is unenforceable

Other stuff

Q Where, if anywhere in CCA1974, is the form and details of a default notice to a Creditor defined? CAn't help with that one

Thanks for any help.

keep bumping for more answers

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Dark

I do think you have been a bit inconsiderate here, with all the info you have plastered all over MY thread, yes it is MY thread, you should have started a new thread of your own, the helpers here act very quickly with a new thread put up as I found out.

You are a newbie but if you look carefully you have interrupted all MY information by posting your long post in the middle of it ! which is very inconsiderate of you.:mad: I have problems exactly as you have and need quick answers, which I now have to page through all your post to be able to refer back to sections of my post. You may think your post is important to you and needs immediate action and advice, but all the threads are different, the circumstances are , maybe similar, but there are differences with what you need to sort out and what I need to sort out.

I have just come on here to add some more information about my cases and found you have plonked your stuff on here, which to me is totally irrelevant to this thread because of the different circumstances and where you are on your problems..

Try starting a new thread, then copy and paste onto your own thread and not just jump in where you feel YOU should put it without any consideration to others, you will make yourself very unpopular if you carry on doing things like this, I know I am not a seasoned member and posted thousands of replies, but when I see a thread that I can comment on and maybe make a suggestion, I do so, but I dont type out loads of stuff, which is not to do with the thread you are looking at and put my case on there. :mad:

Keith

Keefy (:-)The "Moaner":rolleyes:)Boy

Prepared to take on anyone until I win...................

Hi ||Fox

Today I received the exact same letter from Cap One as the previous on the other account, but as the other letter has been sent already I have covered that aspect.

Now we come to Lloyds/TSB, blimey I know they have a few problems but they have fallen big time, they don't even seem to be talking about the same thing as me, thanking me for my complaint etc etc... I am flabergasted by the reply letter and its contents I will scan it on so you can have a read and see what you make of it... or has my insanity come early...

I think what I may do with them is, stop the payments and then when they start shouting and threatening legal action or whatever, then drop it to them that they have defaulted and what have they done about the requirements of the DDA as per letters of ...... dates

With regards to the DMC, we had no choice over it, it was put on us by the judge at the Hearing back in 2007 when Northern Rock got a charging order on the house and then forced us to sell up, we found out the following day why, cause they were going bust and trying to get as much money as possible back in by foreclosing on any loans that were in default (1 months payment we found out afterwards) and people who had defaulted by 2 months on their mortgages, and where we were in North Wales, quite a few families were hit hard losing homes and everything just like us, we lost everything. We didn't even know there was a Temp charging order on the house, they had not told us anything, first we knew of a problem was when we got a court date to make the temp order permanent.

I know we are paying them but I (at the mo) don't wanna rock the boat too much with the other creditors as we have a few more to hit yet and we know several are going to play nasty, real nasty. Especially one in West Yorkshire.... they were the sneaky so and so's that dealt for NR, real nasty and I felt at the time over stepping the mark several times...

Not looking forward to them.... But at least I have the advice of you kind Guys and Girls on here, thank you.

Dark

I do think you have been a bit inconsiderate here, with all the info you have plastered all over MY thread, yes it is MY thread, you should have started a new thread of your own, the helpers here act very quickly with a new thread put up as I found out.

Apologies, posts removed & seperate thread stated.

Afternoon Fox

Well what can I say, other than it is obvious that Capital One DO NOT have a signed agreement for either mine or the other half's accounts, and this is the reply they sent me today

Cap1letter200209009.jpg

Cap1letter200209010.jpg

What is your suggestions now please. :confused:

Edited by keefyboy
wrong pages pasted on message

FOS, Trading Standards (both your local and theirs) OFT Uncle Tom Cobley and everyone else you can think of. Capital One will continue with the threat-o-grams but they will stop short of going to court as they know the agreement is a pile of poo.

Methinks a DCA will be calling soon :rolleyes: If CAp1 sell it on you will be able to see off the DCA fairly quick with the "bemused" letter.

Hope you're ok by the way :)

fox

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Yes I agree, I think its time to put them into worry mode, this is a good example of putting the heavyweight threats to cover up their errors.

They have picked on the wrong "the moaner" starts his letters in the morning !!

I'm not too bad, went to Leicester Royal on Friday, now totally blind in left eye and tunnel vision in the right, depressing, not totally unexpected, just got to get on with it... more letter writing to take my mind off it...

:rolleyes: now a question, if I do find that it is unenforceable, can I ask for refund of what I have paid them ? (I know I'm pushing me luck), but seriously can I claim anything financial against them for all the worry :-( and anxieity they have caused me ?? :confused: and of course something for the time and expertise (with your help ) in having to write all these letters to them ......

Just something else, did you see the bit about the change of address ? Well before I started the whole lot, I wrote to them and told them of change of address, and the DMC also informed them LAST YEAR, and we noticed that they hadn't done it so before I started the enquiries with them and wrote a letter to them informing them again that we had moved last year, and if they are not happy with this, then why have they been SENDING LETTERS to this address ??? I have a copy of it as well, both of them, the one from last year too..

Moaner = 2 Cap One = 0 hee hee

As far as I know Keefy you can't do both. I am not paying mine despite the fact that the charges now equate to the amount outstanding. If they turn up in court with an enforceable CCA (doubt it I have had the account since the early 80s) and Lloyds have told me they only go back to 1990. I will counterclaim them for the charges.

HH

:rolleyes: now a question, if I do find that it is unenforceable, can I ask for refund of what I have paid them ? (I know I'm pushing me luck)You will be pushing it, but seriously can I claim anything financial against them for all the worry :-( and anxieity they have caused me ?? :confused: and of course something for the time and expertise (with your help ) in having to write all these letters to them ......only (I think) if you go to court

Just something else, did you see the bit about the change of address ? Well before I started the whole lot, I wrote to them and told them of change of address, and the DMC also informed them LAST YEAR, and we noticed that they hadn't done it so before I started the enquiries with them and wrote a letter to them informing them again that we had moved last year, and if they are not happy with this, then why have they been SENDING LETTERS to this address ??? I have a copy of it as well, both of them, the one from last year too.. The poor dears are a bit dim but you've told them enough times so sod em

Moaner = 2 Cap One = 0 hee hee

I'm truly sorry your not good. I know I wouldn't cope without my eyesight.

take care

fox

How many posts have I got to make to get rid of the "Basic Account Holder" ?

I think it's 100. They don't really mean anything. My status just means I don't know how to shut up :D

Thanks HH I can't remember when my account was opened but its not that long ago... but that is worth bearing in mind....

and Fox,

but at least your "Don't know when to shut up" is helping people like me (a mere basic account customer) happy by finding our rights out...

Now if I send the next message one word every message that might get me there quicker.

Might get me kicked out is more like it.... (Only kidding) haw about 2 words a post ??

I bet all these financial institutions HATE computers...

OH no, the financial institutions LURVE compooters. They then have something to blame instead of accepting it's their cock-up.

I think it's a minimum of 3 words per message

Anyway back to reality, when I write to these organisations, should I enclose copies of all the correspondance from Cap 1 or just quote it in the letter ?

At the risk of being cagbotted, you are a tit :D lol

When I wrote to the FOS, I included all the relevant paperwork(well, copies of) but not everything I wrote or received as it's usually too much.

With the FOS, you can download an application form and fill it in but I found the space allowed wasn't enough so I had to carry on onto a separate sheet.

I'm sure you could do most complaints online.

hmmm hadn't though of doing that way, I've been sharpening the quill up for the last hour...... and that was only the ones for the Arrows,

now wot am I gonna do now then.....?