Blair,Oliver&Scott/Halifax CCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anfield,

Was this the only page sent as an agreement? If so then it looks unenforceable. No prescribed terms or ref to them.

I have asked the question regarding "Is an application form enforceable as an agreement?" and the best thought on the forum is that it is not. If you search around, there are plenty of good replies to refute the documents that you have been sent. Regarding the T&C's, these should be those in force at the time you signed the agreement.

Again, if you search "Telephone Harrassment" there are good letters to send to stop these. Best if you do not talk to them over the phone and Never sign your letters to them, print your name.

Vint

Thanks Vint,

On the reverse it has terms & conditions but these are general - no credit limit etc as it was purely an initial application.

Along with this, I have received 2 copies of "credit agreements" for the account, they have different addresses for me which are also incorrect and have different amounts for charges/interest etc.

I've/we've had calls from DCA's, I've also spoken to Trading standards for my local area and they say calls on a on Sunday are ok and from 8am up untill 9.00 at night are fine as well.

I argued the fact that some peole could be on shift work and only got in at 6 - 6.30 am and that at 9.00pm some people could have children in bed and to have the phone go at that time of of night is unreasonable. But they say no it's fine.

So that burst my bubble.:(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hiya

under ofts guidelines they are allowed to call between the hours of 8am and 9pm monday to friday

saturday 8am till 4pm sunday 9am until 2pm

they are are aloud to call once a day and if a 3rd party answers 3 times a day. if their is no answer the amount of times is unlimited

these are ofcoms rulings sent to me by halifax to try and cover up how much they called funnily enough they dont call at all now

Set a ringtone to them, mine for Cabot (only ones with my number) is theme from Halloween. My kids hear the fone and shout "dad its the scary people" and then laugh;)

Halifax sold my disputed debt (no agreement) on to Cabot, who to be honest havent bothered me but just said they are awaiting the CCA(been waiting since 11/08). Halifax have said nothing to do with them.

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

Would change my number if I were you or see if you can get withheld numbers blocked?

We have a load of DCA's all wanting money, but as we are on a DMP, most of them deal with our DMP and are ok, it's just the ones who want to play around that call us, so the ones that are playing around we have CCA'd them.

But we have had the thought of telling the ones that keep calling us that we have cjanged our number and then give them the number of another DCA, can you just imagine the calls.

DCA1 " Can you confirm your dob"

DCA2 " No can you confirm your dob" it would be just so much fun to be a fly on the wall. I think we are going to have to do it, to see what happens, I also have an old mobile phone, so we will give them the number to that, as I don't use it, it's just sitting around, so that might be another way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 weeks later...

Just though i'd post a quick update on the farce that is Halifax.

I sent off a letter a few weeks back - quite simple and to the point..asking for clarification on the documents I've received, and also reiterating my point about harrassment by BOS, especially calls on Sundays etc.

I have just received my reply - which frustrated my straight away because again they have mispelt my surname!!!! They're supposed to be managers writing these??

Anyway - to say it's brief is an understatement! In fact 3 small paragraphs, she says they believe they have provided documentation to demonstrate fully executed agreements under section 78 and 61 of CCA 1974.

Regarding the telephone calls on a Sunday - apparently BOS are not open on Sundays??!!! So i must've been getting calls from the fairies up there!!

Finally they say should I wish to take this further they suggest I contact Financial Ombudsman.

Top class customer service yet again!