LOWELL AND RED DCA regarding vodafone debt - advise needed - ***RESOLVED***

gust
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GRRRRRRRR

filled in the vodafone form..... got this

Error:The page you are trying to access is not available. Please contact the administrator for more details.

LOST my whole letter - will have to try again - not happy

If i help feel free to click star on my post. cheers

• 2 weeks later...

i am very dissapointed... i contacted vodafone via the link given and have had NO RESPONSE - i wanted to clarify if the letter with vodafones logo was actually real or lowell posing as vodafone and printing off a dodgy one

is Kirsty still about here from vodafone?

thanks

Not been online since 13th October 2009.:rolleyes:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

My partner now has recieved a letter from Lowell claiming she owes 60 quid. My partner is incredibly anal about saving paperwork and actually has her telephone bills from 6 years ago. She has confirmed with Vodafone that there is no debt.

Lowells have requested this information and I am worried that by her sending in the last bills etc Lowells could use this against her, what do you reccommend we do? thanks for your help in advance.

Hard Working, Hard Drinking, Hard Done By!

Gust there is also a lee vodafone about as he has been on vodafone threads b4.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

My partner now has recieved a letter from Lowell claiming she owes 60 quid. My partner is incredibly anal about saving paperwork and actually has her telephone bills from 6 years ago. She has confirmed with Vodafone that there is no debt.

Lowells have requested this information and I am worried that by her sending in the last bills etc Lowells could use this against her, what do you reccommend we do? thanks for your help in advance.

Tell them to do there job and get the info from vodaphone. They are the ones that need to prove the debt is owed not you partner to prove it is not.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

thanks silverfox - thats the link i used to fill out a long letter to them and got no response from

cheers for the link though ;)

he has been on today if thats any help.

I will mail him a link and ask him to come on and read the thread.

Hi gust,

I recall replying to your email at the weekend and am surprised to see that you haven't received it.

Although I'm not in office until Thursday now I'll be sure to check our email system to see what's happened.

In the meantime, you're welcome to either send me a further email with a contact number on which I can reach you on or send me a PM.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Edited by Lee_Vodafone

i just searched my mails and missed it hiding in the spam folder - thanks for the mail i have confirmed my details and will wait for your help

many thanks

YW.

• 2 years later...

Oddly today... I had a letter from Lowell stating this is stat barred due to limitation act and they have closed the file

Very kind of them to just do this out of the blue don't you think? They last bugged me about this in early 2011

nothing to do with a "phantom" payment on another "alleged debt" of theirs in which I am complaining about.....hmmmm

I guess this could be marked **RESOLVED** by a mod...

That came out of the blue! :-o

Did anything happen between times?

Anyway - thread title now updated. :-D

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

well..

i am disputing another "debt" with them in which they made up a phantom payment and now saying the OC claims i did and are awaiting there response to me demanding payment details.

It is ironic how this letter and my dispute letter on another "debt" have exactly the same date on.... Seems my disputing stat barred/phantom payment has nudged their memory on this one possibly...

is it usual to get stat B letter of a dca after hearing nothing for well over a year?? seems a bit strange to me!?

I've never heard of them writing and telling people before. :???:

could be the linking of the 2 then.

I have already complained to OFT/CAB on other one.

very weird! but not going to complain... :)

• 3 weeks later...
Oddly today... I had a letter from Lowell stating this is stat barred due to limitation act and they have closed the file

Very kind of them to just do this out of the blue don't you think? They last bugged me about this in early 2011

nothing to do with a "phantom" payment on another "alleged debt" of theirs in which I am complaining about.....hmmmm

I guess this could be marked **RESOLVED** by a mod...

Hi gust,

This is certainly an unexpected update given the amount of time that has elapsed since I last dealt with this matter.

Anyhow, thanks for the update to confirm that this has now been concluded.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK