JSA Question

drodgers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have not come across this but i dont think they do. I know its up to us if we want health care insurance so if we want it and we can pay for it then we can have it.

The best question for me to ask you is what directly do u need to know about. Are you going to be entitled to some money soon.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Stuff like p/t education courses, etc - eg if you declare one thing to one agency and another thing to the other agency, do they check with the other agency? Sometimes you can forget what you've told who. :eek:

u will need to tell them about the education as they do have a habit of sending you on there own govermant approved courses and to Job help things but as long as they no then it should not be a problem. I have been on 2 GCSE coure while on benefits they sore it as them not paying so who cares they also occassionally asked if i was doing well.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

If you declare part-time education you would have to prove it by providing your learners agreement.

The communication between different departments (ie, JSA and incapacity benefit) is mainly done through paper files stored remotely and computer system notes. If these are read and they notice a discrepancy then it could cause you problems.

The straight answer is "it could be a problem but it depends on what it is as to how likely an inconsistency would be spotted"

Thanks for the replies. Well, some agencies say that they share/check information with the DWP when assessing a claim (eg by checking with DWP to see you are receiving the benefit you claim) so at the same time - could the other agency pass on info given to them to the DWP which they might keep on record? And do they find out about people's savings through the Inland Revenue giving them info about taxable interest?

Edited by drodgers

People's savings information can be retrieved by fraud officers as part of an investigation. This sort of information is not asked for or checked during an initial claim though.

It is true to say that agencies do share information at the fraud stage though, for instance the local authorities' housing benefit teams work closely with the DWP's own fraud sections.

Again though you have to be more specific.