human rights and bank charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

halifax took 170 out of my bank account for 4 two pound paypal amounts, this left me with no money, and went 2 days with out eating as i had no money for food, i had to phone my mum for help.

they have just done the same because the money wasnt in my account, they want 100 by the 1st, otherwise i will have more charges.

because this is such a hugh amount of my wages, i am part time because i am waiting an operation.

they wont concider paying it back even because of hardship.

because of the halifax action taking my food money, is this an infringement of my human rights!!

Yes it is. Everyone has the right to a basic quality of life. Not sure if you are on benefits or not but if you are you could get free legal help with the community law group and they should be able to help you.

I know its too late now but never ever touch paypal not even with a 10foot poll. What you have basically done when you signed up is give them a free ticket to take any money from your account.

First up if you can get your card stopped if you can report it as being lost they will block it and issue you with a new one then direct the bank to stop any direct debit with paypal because when you sign up what they do is setup direct debit to take any money from your bank.

They are evil heartless people over at paypal.

What you can also do is fight the bank charges and report the paypal transactions as fraud if they took money that you did not authorize them to do.

The comunity law firm could help you with all of that and they are just 1 call away their details are listed on citizens advice website.