Cl Finance/howard Cohen/barclaycard ***WON***

shammy36
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Had a letter from Lewis debt recovery on 21/12/08 acting for cl finance for a barclaycard debt of just over £2000 demanding full payment by the 29/12/08 or else , a notice of assignment was printed in a little box at the bottom of the letter.

Then on the 31/12/08 had papers through from northhampton , issue dated 30/12/08. (there was also no LBA sent)

The poc states that a default notice was sent (it wasnt ) and also shows my account number.

I aknoweledged service on the 12/01/09 saying that i wished to defend the whole claim , as i know that there is a lot of charges on the account in the nine years ive had it.

I have just printed of x20s letter under cpr 31.14 "getting them to revial their vitals" to send them today.Any thoughts on the best defence to submit to go along with this ?

Many thanks guys

Sham

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi 42, just had a look at both of them and still a little unsure which one would be the better one to send regarding my case.

Do i send the CPR 31.14 request and wait for a response from cohens,or do i send the defence to the court as well as the cpr request to cohens.

Many thanks for your help

Sham

If it was me in your situ, I would send the CPR straight off by recorded....wait as close as you can to the deadline for putting in the defence, and if they don't respond then i'd use the short defence to send to court...

Hi shammy, so here we are again then, check out my thread with CL:D

CCM do you have a link for this, I am just starting out with CL and HC - recieved court papers yesterday, sent CPR 18 off due to contesting PPI applied to account although agreement shows PPI not ticked.

Regards

PGH

Hi All,

Just a quick update.

Had the standard reply from cohens today , the "we dont have to give you any info" letter.

A quick question , I know my defence has to be in by the 1st feb , and ive found a nice short holding defence to use. Am i right in thinking i can file this online on the 1st (its a sunday)

Thanks Sham:)

may i formally bring to the attention of our subscribers the follwing post from alanfromderby

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=&a=149

Have you had dealings with a West Yorkshire based Debt Collection Agency?

If so, we have received this request for help:

I'm a journalist at the BBC, working in local radio in West Yorkshire. I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has had dealings with any West Yorkshire based debt collection agencies. If you too are based in West Yorkshire that would be ideal, however I'm still very interested in hearing from people all across the UK.

After initial chats at some stage I may wish to do a pre recorded interview with you. If anyone would like to get in touch to tell me about their past or current situations with West Yorkshire DCAs please contact me at: [email protected]

unquote

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Quick update. Had a letter from cohens yesterday telling me that a judgement had been made against me,and telling me how and when to pay.

Phoned northhampton cc who said it was not and to ignore the letter.

How the hell can these crooks get away with this !!!

Has anybody else had one of these letters

Sham

Quite a few on here lately, there must be someone we can raise this with

What about this

Complain about someone else's solicitor: How do I do this?

We can't deal with your complaint if it is about the service provided by someone else's solicitor or about the impact on you of the actions of someone else's solicitor – for example, divorce proceedings.

Action can only be taken if the solicitor has broken the rules of professional conduct – which all solicitors must follow. Breaking these rules, is called misconduct.

Some examples of possible misconduct

• the solicitor lies to you or others
  • the solicitor uses his or her position to gain unfair advantage of you
  • the solicitor is holding money that belongs to you
  • the solicitor fails to comply with an undertaking they have given to you or your solicitor
  • the solicitor discriminates against you on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age

http://www.legalcomplaints.org.uk/home.page

Hi All

Quick update. Had a letter from cohens yesterday telling me that a judgement had been made against me,and telling me how and when to pay.

Phoned northhampton cc who said it was not and to ignore the letter.

How the hell can these crooks get away with this !!!

Has anybody else had one of these letters

Sham

Quite a few on here lately, there must be someone we can raise this with

What about this

Complain about someone else's solicitor: How do I do this?

We can't deal with your complaint if it is about the service provided by someone else's solicitor or about the impact on you of the actions of someone else's solicitor – for example, divorce proceedings.

Action can only be taken if the solicitor has broken the rules of professional conduct – which all solicitors must follow. Breaking these rules, is called misconduct.

Some examples of possible misconduct

• the solicitor lies to you or others
  • the solicitor uses his or her position to gain unfair advantage of you
  • the solicitor is holding money that belongs to you
  • the solicitor fails to comply with an undertaking they have given to you or your solicitor
  • the solicitor discriminates against you on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age

LCS: Legal Complaints Service home

Yep will lliw had the same yesterday http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1987117.html

This seems like a new, and totaly unlawfull tactic:rolleyes:

Hi PGH7447,

It stinks , I cant understand how they can get away with this,my letter starts with "As you are aware a judgement has been entered against you"

I mean that is just plain and simple lies , it is realy quite shocking that they are prepared to use these tactics !!!

Sham