8.5k Loan Written Off? Cca'd!

chris2008a
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people

I sent off CCA requests to all off my creditors in October 2008. I have had none off them bar Egg send a true copy of the original agreement. Anyway i have checked both my credit reports with equifax, and experian. Low and behold Lloyds Loan is showing that it was settled in 2007! In my letters to them i asked for all relevant data to be removed from the credit ref agencies, so that date sort of makes sense.

YES!!! I think it has worked? Am i now £8,500 less in debt!!!???

It is showing as settled on both credit reports! Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Thanks to all the help of the people on here!!! Am going to keep writing to all the other creditors, and hopefully i will have the same result...

Chris

hi

thanks for the quick reply. I am totally over the moon with this. How do i get it removed though? If it is showing as settled on mt credit file, does that mean that they cannot hound me for it in the future if they find the original agreement. not that i think i signed one in the 1st place anyway. It doesn't say that the account has defaulted, but there are 3 missed payments on there.

Thanks

Chris

hi

thanks for the quick reply. I am totally over the moon with this. How do i get it removed though? If it is showing as settled on mt credit file, does that mean that they cannot hound me for it in the future if they find the original agreement. not that i think i signed one in the 1st place anyway. It doesn't say that the account has defaulted, but there are 3 missed payments on there.

Thanks

Chris

You should be totally over the moon with this.. you have done well - no they can't hound you for it in future :D

If it doesn't say Defaulted.. don't worry about it!!! You have got away with it... :D:D:D

Even better.. 3 late payments means nothing.. in 6 months they will have gone!

hi

on my experian credit file below where it says about my loan it says:

"settled accounts are kept on file for six years from the settlement date. The status history in respect of a settled account relates to the period of time prior to the date of settlement"

any insight into this?

I honestly couldn't believe it when i read the credit file. I had to read it back about 10 times before it sunk in!

thanks

hi

on my experian credit file below where it says about my loan it says:

"settled accounts are kept on file for six years from the settlement date. The status history in respect of a settled account relates to the period of time prior to the date of settlement"

any insight into this?

I honestly couldn't believe it when i read the credit file. I had to read it back about 10 times before it sunk in!

thanks

Yes but a settled account doesn't have a default - a defaulted account showing as settled is detrimental.

Yours was just a settled account after a few missed payments.. honestly.. you have nothing to worry about!!

I am trying this now with Next and Capital One and Natwest (one is a settled Default but I want it removing).

I hope I have the same success as you :)

So is your file clean now? :)

hi

no, far from it at the mo.. And by the way, i think i have got away with a inteligent finacne overdraft (about £220) as its not showing on either credit file. Whoop Whoop!!!

I have still got about 15k in credit cards to sort out. looks like i will have to pay for the egg card as they sent the original copy signed etc. but all of the rest have not so far produced the true signed agreement, so i sent off a few more letters yesterday, and am not paying them a penny at mo untill they produce one.

A few of them have sent me copies of the terms and conditions etc. Halifax even sent me all the statements from the date the account was opened (and i didn't have to pay anything for it), but not the true signed copy of the agreement. So i guess now its just a waiting game.........

Chris

hi

no, far from it at the mo.. And by the way, i think i have got away with a inteligent finacne overdraft (about £220) as its not showing on either credit file. Whoop Whoop!!!

I have still got about 15k in credit cards to sort out. looks like i will have to pay for the egg card as they sent the original copy signed etc. but all of the rest have not so far produced the true signed agreement, so i sent off a few more letters yesterday, and am not paying them a penny at mo untill they produce one.

A few of them have sent me copies of the terms and conditions etc. Halifax even sent me all the statements from the date the account was opened (and i didn't have to pay anything for it), but not the true signed copy of the agreement. So i guess now its just a waiting game.........

Chris

That's excellent!

Are you sure your Egg card agreement is enforceable.. I have just been reading another Egg CCA thread! Have you posted it up?

Stick at it, it's a long boring process but as you have found out.. well worth it :)

• 1 year later...