Reliable Collections Update!!! U won't believe it!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol yeah thats it! :-)

No doubt people that know far better than me will be along shortly to give some further advice. But I think that the general consensus on the forum now is that by sending blanks such as this, the company is fulfilling its requirements under the cca.

However, as has been said before, if they took you to court then they would almost certainly have to provide a copy of one with your signature on it.

In your first post you don't say what this is in relation to? What company? And did yu actually send this lot a cca request?

If you are bemused as to what this debt is or you don't believe that you have taken out the credit etc that they claim then you can dispute it on these grounds obviously.

No doubt there will be more people along soon. :-)

And as you say Tigs..... you also have an extra bonus for them as well!! ;-)

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

The original alleged debtor is Naturally Close aka JD Wilson etc etc,all under one umberella, but i know i signed beggar all, and if i did well,lol, me and thee UF know what i mean!! Yep i sent the CCA request last week and this is the clownish stuff they have come up with!! writing my details on, plus they made another error pertaining to where i live! lol just realised! :rolleyes:

Thanks again all

tigs x

Seems like the usual b****S**t then really!! Well I guess the only thing is to look at some of the advice from the great and helpful people that have looked at your thread and then see what they come up with in the future! ;-)

Have a good weekend.

UF

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

...they sent me an up to date version it appears to be, of something i have never seen before, they have hand written my details in and on the copy to be retained by me, with obviously, no signature nor date...

There are a lot of these handwritten CCA's starting to appear, especially by catalogue companies, in the hope that some people will actually sign and return the document, thereby giving them an enforceable document...!

I kid you not, I was too late to stop one person (not on CAG) from digging a hole for herself - she had signed and returned it, just because they suggested she should do so! In the letter they sent they said it allowed them to take the existing account and merge it with her 'new' account.

I was very tempted to slap her... Up to that point we had proved that JDW/unreliable were P'ing in the wind and the CCA request should have been a formailty - except she thought she HAD to sign and return the copy...

She now accepts that she was a silly person and agrees that despite our best efforts, she fell for it and is now trying to negotiate with them. I can't think of any way to get round it that wouldn't be laughed at in court, if it went that far.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Blimey Hillards :eek: well i wouldn't have signed the daft thing anyways as there are two bits of incorrect info on it for starters so they must think i'm daft !! :) muppets is all i can call these ppl, Reliable Collections,,perhaps they should give up the day job!! lol :rolleyes:

Tigs x

hi

cca'd jd williams recieved blank agreement handwritten address so sent harassment letter (that doesent stop them but i do look forward to our daily chats now)also sent account in dispute letter.today recieved two letters 1 from jd 1 from reliable and noticed the reliable one says we have charged £12 charfe in accordance with our clients terms.even when account in dispute should i go for them now or just keep this with my mounting pile for evidence in the future.

kaz

I wouldn't be surprised if Next dug up a returns label I had signed when handing it to the postman :rolleyes:

No CCA anyways.. but not looking hopeful regarding the Default! I think that will be nigh on impossible to shift but I am going to try anyways :D

Hi reliable collections are the pits it seems!i am just begginning to realise that from my own experiences of them!!i think they are insane! LOL:eek:

Edited by sunflower99

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

There are a lot of these handwritten CCA's starting to appear, especially by catalogue companies, in the hope that some people will actually sign and return the document, thereby giving them an enforceable document...!

I kid you not, I was too late to stop one person (not on CAG) from digging a hole for herself - she had signed and returned it, just because they suggested she should do so! In the letter they sent they said it allowed them to take the existing account and merge it with her 'new' account.

I was very tempted to slap her... Up to that point we had proved that JDW/unreliable were P'ing in the wind and the CCA request should have been a formailty - except she thought she HAD to sign and return the copy...

She now accepts that she was a silly person and agrees that despite our best efforts, she fell for it and is now trying to negotiate with them. I can't think of any way to get round it that wouldn't be laughed at in court, if it went that far.

Hi Hillards

That is awful i bet she kicked herself.Shame she did not join Cag and get herself wise to their sneaky tactics. it is very sad

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks just thought i would give you an update on the progress with a few DCA where i have sent for a copy of my CCA. Reliable Collections have sent a letter saying they have amended my account details and could i telephone them!!! yeah right as if,lol, they have realised the biggest mistake they made and have tried, in vain, to correct it, oh dear too late :D so letter is going in for " account in dispute"

Secondly i have had an interesting letter from Scotcall namely saying they cannot source my CCA and they have closed thhe case :D

Thirdly i have had a letter from Littelwoods today whom Fredricksons were trying to get the debt for, stating that they also cannot source my CCA but they have sent an up to date one that has all of the account bluff and bluster therefore it would relate to my original one with them! :D so guess whats going in the post to them? yep you guessed it,a " account in dispute letter" as well :D

I have one question however, i also have another DCA who are handling an account for Capitol one of some £400,however the DCA is London Scottish Finance and there was a letter inside my statement of account which states " London Scottish Bank,finance,Insurance, Computer services and London Scottish broking etc are in receivership!!! now my question is this, i was in the process of sending off for my CCA with Capitol One and now i have had this letter, who are my payments going to?? should i stop paying my monthly payment to this company- receivers and where do i stand in law if i decide to stop the payments? any help would be appreciated as to how to deal with this one

Thanks all Tigs x :p

It depends whether London Scottish bought the debt or were just collecting it on Crapone's behalf. If they bought the debt, the money would be collectable by the receiver. If they were simply collecting it, they may not have passed it back to Crapone in the midst of all the activity of them shutting up shop. I personally would stop paying them and see what kind of response you get - with a bit of luck you may never hear about it again!

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning folks, even though i am only 4 days out of hossy and in recovery i had to come on and give an update on Reliable Collections and tell you whats beens happening.

I sent in for a true copy of my CCA and lo and behold couldn't send it, probably due to the fact i never signed one, and they sent an up to date CCA and had written my details in,lol, i had the laugh there,name change is all i am going to say. There was a copy at the bottom that you sign and return, yeah right, how dumb do they think you are? Anyways i left it at that. waited the obligatory 12 plus 2 days and yep, they had defaulted. Heard nothing apart from a letter stating that they had changed my account details as above,lo and behold new name,only about 3 years after changing it, and could i ring them? well actually no i couldn't!!! i think at this stage they have realised their boo boo :razz: had the obligatory statements through slapping charges on still so i sent in the " account in dispute " letter.

So no dice with them, on the very day i came out of hossy after my major op, the barstewards rang up!! wanting a settlement, the woman argued the toss, i could hardly talk after my surgery, and what she said basically was they don't have to provide me with a true signed copy of anything as i had ordered goods, can they prove this? had them deliverd, again they can't prove this, change of name etc, and it was deemed i had entered into a verbal contract, verbal?:cool: yeah ok.

So i got angry and told her to politely go forth and multiply and did she not care i was home after major surgery? she replied no!!! :shock: how nice, i am guessing she wasn't Florence Nitingale in a former life :razz:,and i put the phone down.

I now have the other letter handy that explains in more detail how they have boo booed and that they are now breaking the law etc, i am sending a copy to Naturally Close and Relaible Collections, but how do i complain to the Ts and is there anyone to complain to about these people? I thin kthe way they have harrassed me, i also sent in a letter about harrassing phone calls, all ignored, esepcially as i am recovering from surgery and am awaiting results of a tumour taken away, is shocking to say the least :eek:.

I can't beleive the lengths these people will go to andf how rude they are and the flipping charges still being applied to the account!!!!:mad:

Does anyone have a top bosses name and address i could complain to and really go to town with these morons as it's making my life a misery and if my consultant knew he would go beserk!:(

Many thanks folks

Tigs x :razz:

Thanks for that ;) i did actually tell that pompous woman just that as i said i was having difficulty speaking and she soon put the phone down when i told her plus the fact of telling her to go multiply as politely as i felt at the time :D

I read on another thread, which i now cannot find, that a lady was having major troubles with Relaible Coleections and she managed to get hold of a womans name and e mail addy within Naturally Close and she e mailed all of her problems and apparently got it sorted but i can't find the thread,i think the name of the woman within the company may have been Maria something or other, any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Tigs x :p

For a time I amused myself with Reliable by saying 'just a moment I'll turn the radio down' and then putting the receiver down in front of the speaker and turning it up never to return.

Seriously though Reliable never seem to tire of wasting time and money chasing uncollectible debt. They are the only ones who still harass me despite being completely ignored.

I recently had that wrist slapping letter which advises you your behaviour is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

I'm not usually a fan of bad language but Reliable are total bankers.

Reliable are part of jd williams group, same as naturally close, simplybe etc.

I asked for my cca(knowing i never signed or seen one) and they replied saying they dont have one and will not pursue. Reading threads on here suggested they do continue to pursue, so when they did it with me I sent a lba which they ignored and so i filed at court to have it made unenforceable under s127.

I should receive their defence this week.

I have found stories going back as far as 2000 where customers were "deemed" to have known they were in an agreement for ordering an item and sending full payment with it. Several rulings state their advertising is misleading, but they continue to do whatever they like.

Hi all and thannks for the response, i am now unsure of which way to go with these people. I have received a further 3 telephone calls, of which i had one at 8.15 this morning, now i am still in recovery and i have a further stress, as of 7.30 this morning my mother is undergoing major cancer surgery and is expected to be in surgery all day, and these clowns ring me up!!!!!!

Not wanting to play the sympathy card at all here, i just want to highlight the lengths these people will go to whilst i might add, they have not complied with any request of mine at all!!! They have defaulted on my CCA request they sent a new one to me with my incorrect details filled in by themselves on it, i sent in the letter for dispute and failing to comply with my request, letter of harrassment for their telephone calls and ALL has been ignored. I am trying to get better, get on with life but they are now really hacking me off, what do i do now? report it to TS in Manchester? OFT? and who else? I think telephoning me on the day io am released from hospital after major throat surgery and arguing down the phone at me is taking the preverbial!! they need stopping but how do i go about it? All letters havbe been received, isend copies to Reliable and Naturally Close and inform each that a copy has gone to the other so i know they are receiving everything but they just don't give a rats ass!! :eek:

Any advice on where i go next please because at this rate they will be getting an invite to a wake mif my results come back cancerous, perhaps they would be smug and happy then???!!!!! :confused: Sorry but i am getting at my wits end.

Tigs xx