• Tweets

• statute barring in Scotland is 5yrs from last payment/use date or date of default Notice + 14 days, whichever is the later. dont confuse that with the 6yrs debts show on credit files (DN's 6th bday regardless to payment or not). they'd never get a claim raised by august in 99% of cases . as long all these debts were taken out whilst resident in scotland and you have not moved since taking them out but failed to inform the original creditor before the debt sale....... then stay radio silent until sb date is reached. then if you wish send our scottish sb letter. just remember unlike E&W in scotland debts are extinguished, dead , gone , parrot. once SB'd dx  
    • Hi all, Love this site and it's no nonsense advice, have dipped in and out of the consumer forums over the years, mostly to assure myself that what I was doing was the right thing when dealing with various businesses (almost 100% success rate, thanks in part to reading and more reading here.). Anyway, the time is almost approaching where I might need to ask for some specific help and I have a couple of queries that I can't see definitively answered. Due to financial mismanagement and severe anxiety issues I stopped paying all unsecured debt in December 2018 (one slipped to the first week in Jan 2019 when the last payment was made having rechecked my bank statement from that period - all my unsecured debt direct debits were cancelled in early Jan 2019). This has left half a dozen debts;  a couple of credit cards, a bank loan, Shop Direct and some Hitachi Finance stuff having been sold on and passing the rounds through the usual suspects, Lowells, Link, PRA Group, others related to them, and then back to them again. I have somehow successfully managed to maintain radio silence and avoided anything more worrying than their begging letters.  I have blocked their phone calls and texts, bumped all emails to the spambox and had a chuckle at their desperate letters.  I've never had anybody at the door.  I have been at the same address since before I defaulted and all correspondence comes to my current home address.  I have NEVER contacted them or admitted any debt. In anticipation of them perhaps ramping up action at the last minute I've had a look at my credit report on Credit Karma (rec'd from this very place) and I see that the default dates on these range from May 2019 to November 2019. Also in preperation I've been reading, reading and reading lots here as advised. Obviously being in Scotland there are a lot fewer posts relating to these matters and it's always quite annoying when OP's do not follow up with any outcome on their cases - how rude! This has also left me a bit confused of when I am able to finally breathe easy (although cancelling all the direct debits in Jan 2019 was the biggest sigh of relief as I knew it was all going to be unmanageable and, well, default one, default all.). I've been reading that defaults should be filed 3-6 months after the missed payment but one of my larger debts was defaulted on 27th August 2019 when the last payment I made was 10th December 2018, meaning the first missed payment was 10th Jan 2019.   My query for now is - when should I infer that these debts are prescribed?  From when the payment was missed, or taking the default date plus 5 years from the credit report? The three I have with the May date are moot anyway as either way they are gone  - some letters from Lowell offering me 90% off to settle is what got me thinking these must have been near SB status, however I have one big 10k+ with a July date and another 10k+ at the end of August I am feeling a bit anxious again, even though I know there is nothing to worry about with the begging letters.  Reading the various forums I am not sure why the OC's didn't take action against me when I read time and again the surprise that other posters haven't already been taken to court for lesser amounts - I'm also surprised I've avoided any action this long as there are plenty in this forum and sub forum who are whisked off to the court by the beggers minions after only a year or so after defaulting.  There are no CCJ/decrees listed on my credit report and I have not received any such judgements against me.  I still just regularly receive the begging emails to the spambox, the blocked phone calls and the letters from the they. I'm also reading that there is no need in Scotland to send an LBC so what should I be looking out for to know that the time has come to engage with CCA requests etc? I'm afraid in a fit I threw a lot of the paperwork out but I have a box of stuff I'm going to go through which may have the original letters from the OC's. Thanks in advance for any advice.  
    • I'm at work now but promise to look in later. Can you confirm how you paid the first invoice?  It wasn't your fault if the signal was so poor and there was no alternative way to pay.  There must be a chance of reversing the charge with your bank.  There are no guarantees but Kev  https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09766749/officers  has never had the backbone to do court so far.  Not even in one case,  
    • OK  so you may not have outed yourself if you said "we". No matter either way you paid. Snotty letter I am surprised that they were so quick off the mark threatening Court. They usually take months to go that far. No doubt that as you paid the first one they decided to strike quickly and scare you into paying. Dear Chuckleheads  aka Alliance,  I am replying to your LOCs You may have caught me the first time but that is  the end. What a nasty organisation you are. You do realise that you now have now no reason to continue to pursue me after reading my appeal since you know that my car was not cloned. Any further pursuit will end up with a complaint to the ICO that you are breaching my GDPR.  Please confirm that you have removed my details from your records. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I haven't gone for a snotty letter this time as they know that you paid for your car in another car park. So using a shot across their bows .  If it doesn't deter them and they send in the debt collectors or the Court you will then be able to get more money back from them for  breachi.ng your data protection than they will get should they win in Court-and they have no chance of that as you have paid. So go in with guns blazing and they might see sense.  Although never underestimate how stupid they are. Or greedy.
    • Thank you. Such a good point. They did issue all 3 before I paid though. I only paid one because I didn’t have proof of parking that time, only for two others.  Unfortunately no proof of my appeal as it was just submitted through a form on their website and no copy was sent to me. I only have the reply. I believe I just put something like “we made the honest mistake of using the incorrect parking area on the app” and that’s it. Thanks again for your help. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Been a Mug!!! Need Urgent Debt Help

blossomgreen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Blossomgreen,

I CCA'd Tesco, Natwest, Mint and Barclaycard, too.

I got an application form from Tesco (no prescribed terms) and nothing from Natwest and Mint; the opposite way round to you! I wasn't sure if Natwest didn't have one or was just too lazy to access the microfiche, but from your results, I'm beginning to think they don't have mine.

Don't want to hi jack your thread, just wanted to let you know that Tesco is sending out whatever paperwork they have got (however unenforceable it is), so hopefully they have lost yours.

I did read on another thread that someone got their Tesco CC balance written off when they couldn't produce an agreement - might be worth a try.

Best of luck to you:)

I didn't get any response fom Barclaycard either. A friend of mine just got a blank agreement and T&Cs - seems that's standard for them at the moment....

Tesco sent me a printout of what my agreement would have looked like!

I think Natwest/RBS have set up a specfic department for CCA requests. Which probably explains why the same person has responded to all three. I sent a CCA request for a friend to Intrum Justicia re a NWB account and was given a special dept at the Natwest to write to.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Well I will do my best to upload letters asap to get your opinions. Yes I checked the letters from Tesco nat west & mint ana all are same letters from same named worker. However each one has different results. I cant believe the diversity of them all.

They all seem like mickey mouse outfits to me. They deserve to get stung for being such imbeciles when they cant even sort out sending the correct OA's and they all came from the same person too. The caseworker who was pp'd btw must think its crazy too!

Ill update the outcome from Barclaycard when I hear. Seems like the battle is just beginning lol

OH had a ppi on a card where the tick in the PPI box was in a different pen to the rest of the agreement, although he had actually signed the PPI part - done in a well known DIY store;). We have argued that he did not agree to the PPI and that he signed where he was told and that the tick was added later.

They took us to court for the o/s balance and then backed off. We would never have agreed to PPI - we have both been self employed for 15 years so no point whatsoever.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hi,

I was just reading this thread and do feel so sorry for you but this person Rory is a tower of strenght we can get out of financial distress we have to be strong as long as we are truthful, then we have no worries. They can't have what you ain't got. I am with the CCCS and they often say that I should go Bankrupt but I will not, my debtors will get what I can give and no more. I have a house but fortunately or not fortunately is not on my name so they can't touch that.

Kepp your chin up and take one thing at a time

Hi there all

My chin is still up thanx moxtly to all on this thread. Update as follows

No CCA back from Barclays therefore I have sent THE letter...I acknowledge no debt to you etc etc. (it aint stopped em calling me though- this resumed about 2 days after my telephone interview with CCCs)

I am going to take this path for a DMP as it seems obvious choice and tbh when i told them that I was challenging 3 credit cards they said that I was doing the right thing.

I have to admit I have copied all my CCA requests and have been religiously through the CCA agreement link about enforcability and unenforcability etc and Be Jesus it is gettong complicated cos of the disparity of the STUff sent to me. I will upload asap for the knowledgable Caggers to look at and advise me but scanner is being a pain.

Can I ask in the meantime.....hopefully my thread hasnt been lost in the massive world that is CAGDOM. I have received default notices on 2 cards who have not sent me the right info. What do I do?

Also how do I stop CCCS paying my debitors that I have listed who havent provided the CCA on time? Do we ignore them. I am pretty sure Bcard and Tesco and now even Nat west(who sent an app form) have not got the right info.....it amounts to £13500. Mint sent me the right details and I am haooy to enter into a proper DMP with them but anyone who has made boobies well I wanna contect it to the hilt.

Dont worry about your thread getting lost, every time you or anyone posts it goes to the top, and appears in the user c/p of anyone who is subscribed to it.

Just carry on with the dmp with cccs at least for a couple of mths, before you ask for any of them to be dropped

You need to post up the Default Notices, for us to check they are valid (cover up anything which could identify you)

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Hi

Have finally sorted out scanner and just uploaded my Nat West CCA request info onto photobucket. Please take a look and let me know what your advice is. I will follow this with my Tesco CCA request documents (unless I am advised to start another thread)

Please note that the letter on the top is from Mint but is the exact same copy that I received from Nat West. Also they sent me a replacement card recently and Called me Miss Lane (which is not my name) on the accompanying letter which came with the agreement details quoting the 1974 Act etc

Please look at the 7 documents below that I received. Please start from the bottom nat west up to natwest6.

Thanks again in advance.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss212/BlossomGreen/natwest6.jpg

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss212/BlossomGreen/natwest5.jpg

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss212/BlossomGreen/natwest4.jpg

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss212/BlossomGreen/natwest3.jpg

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss212/BlossomGreen/natwest2.jpg

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss212/BlossomGreen/natwest1.jpg

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss212/BlossomGreen/natwest.jpg

Well from a quick glance I can say that the application form contains no prescribed terms and is therefore not an enforceable consumer credit agreement - it is an application form. The copy of what may be the other side of the application form with the mailer bit attached does have information about credit limits and interest rates. I can't see if it mentions default charges anywhere, but if it does are they shown as £12. The other set of t&cs whilst I can't see a date on it (usually at the bottom) shows default charges at £12 which was definitely not the case in 2002 when you signed the application form.

The credit card mailer does not have enough information on it. There is a section of the CCA 1974 where each time a card is replaced a new agreement needs to be issued (I seem to remember reading somewhere) but that is not an agreement either IMO.

It depends on how these documents are linked, if at all. Challengeable I think at the very least.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Thanks Gold lady

I went through the thread the other night about enforcable vs unenforceable agreements and despite being a novice I felt that it deffo was unenforceable but then as I looked further I began questioniong myself. Of course they seem to me not to have given me the relevant info that I requested and as a result I am sure that due to time they will not be able to produce a signed agreement in court if it got that far. So I am prepared to fight it all the way with the relevant guidance from caggers.

Also what letter would I send now as they ahve failed to give me what i asked for????? any help would be great. :)

This is an old one I have stored, but not sure if there is a more up to date version.

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your letter of xx/xx/xx, the contents of which have been noted.

May I draw you attention to my letter of XX/xx/xx in which I clearly out lined my position concerning this matter. I enclose a copy for your perusal and ease of reference.

**CREDITOR** has failed in my lawful request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 section 78(1) and subsequent Statutory Instruments.

I formally advise you that since **CREDITOR** has failed to comply with the terms of the Consumer Credit Act that as from **DATE** they are in legal default on this alleged agreement. This default means that the alleged agreement from this date is totally unenforceable. **CREDITOR** may not apply any charges, cannot issue defaults, cannot sell or assign the alleged debt or cannot invoke any clause within the alleged agreement.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY Action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* may not pass the account to a third party.

* may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* may not issue a default notice related to the account.

Therefore this account has become unenforceable at law.

As **CREDITOR** have Failed to comply with a lawful request for a true, signed copy of the said agreement and other relevant documents mentioned in it, Failed to send a full statement of the account and Failed to provide any of the documentation requested.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

The mere fact that they have passed this account to you while it is in dispute and default is also in breach of the Data Protection Act 1998.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that your continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I await your rapid response.

Yours Faithfully,

BANK CHARGES

Others

in reply to your question, how do i stop the CCCS paying 'creditors' who are unable to supply an enforceable CCA I believe the answer is as follows:

(any old lags please correct me if I'm wrong...)

When it is set up, you can access your DMP online, you are able to change any 'balance' to any of the 'creditors' within it. Thus the one's you don't want to pay, you just set their balance to zero. But bear in mind, 'creditors' have access to this data and they are also able to update it.

Hi Just got off the phone from CCCS. They have advised me that the 3 creditors that I dont want to pay as they have not provided me with cca will still have to be included in the DMP. They said that as a charity they do not condone me not paying the debt as I have had the money and merely because the debt is unenforcable then that doesnt mean i dont owe them the money. She also said that as I have been paying the debt so far then I have acknowledged the debt.

I asked her about what mozzat said that we can access the DMP online and put it to 0 etc and they said that if that happens it generates a report which will make the CCCS contact the debtor and asky why this was done.

The upshot is - if I want a DMP with the CCCS then I have to include the creditors that have not sent me a copy of the CCA.

Im flumoxed now as to what to do. Shall I do it myself (pro rata payments etc) or just bite the bullet and pay the CCCS. Any guidance would be appreciated folks. :confused:

Although CCCS is a registered charity it is in actual fact funded by the finance industry themselves, so obviously they are paying themselves from the monies you send them, so they will not take kindly to people who are unwilling to pay their creditors no matter how legally unenforceable an agreement may be.