Royal bank of scotland CCJ registered when i owe nothing???

clivey888
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys it's me again Clivey888, Well i have for the first time in years got hold of my credit report and it is not really as bad as i thought it would be, Been too scared to look at before.

Well i had a joint account and a sole account with the royal bank of scotland where there was an outstanding balance of £2699.28 and was passed to Bryan Carter to chase, I was in turn claiming back bank charges for the sum of £2016 not including interest, I spoke to Bryan Carter & tried to be clever playing the two off against each other as they don't communicate & Bryan Carter stated to me that they would accept £2016 as settlement then in turn i called Royal bank of scotland and stated that Bryan carter have given me settlement figure in writing (which i still have & has been confirmed on phone today that on there system) & that i wish the monies to be offset with the settlement meaning i no longer have a debt.

Well I today find that Bryan Carter have reg a CCJ for £368 (where they got that figure i dont know???) and also up until this month it is on my credit report as defaulted each month upto this point when the account has been closed and debt settled.

What are my options regarding the above and how do i go about it as i need to these removed so i can remortgage in march 09.

Can they refuse even though bryan carter are representing bos and they never forwarded money on to bryan carter.

I do remember arguing with a manager on the phone at bos he was stating they would never of given me that settlement figure if they had realised i was claiming back charges (refering to BC) but hey that's not my fault they screwed up.

Thanks in advance.

thanks 42 man,

Just read through them they are jokers, Well as they have already got a ccj reg against me what can i do now ????? The debt was my overdraft but i left the bank offering monthly payments to clear which they refused until i found out about my £2000 charges and started reclaiming.

What are my options please?

• 5 months later...

OK Hi people i have left this fester for a while now sweeping it under the carpet as there has been no dialogue between me and them, I have just got hold of a copy of my credit report and rbs are all over me like a rash regarding this so called debt, I will explain fully as follows:

August 2006: RBS / Bryan Carter solictiors : they took me to court and had a ccj registerd against me for £368 a fration of the 2672 they were chasing, I was totally unaware of this and only found out when got letter from bryan carter back in 2007 chasing whole balance.

Dec 2006 started claim for illegal charges for £2048 no interest included, had letter in 7th May 2007 confirming offer of £2048 and to return acceptance form.

In the meantime spoke to bryan carter and got settlement figure of £2016 dated 8th june 2007 and that they recieve in there office by 15th june, I then call rbs and advise and to forward payment to bryan carter or to amend records as settled.

I am livid that my credit report states that every month from feb 2004 until Jan 2009 there is a D against each month and states current balance £333, They have disregarded the settlement from there reps solicitors and continue on there records to state i owe £546.

These figures all don't add up on there end even with the disregard to the settlement figure given.

1. my question is can they continue to chase this

2. is the judgement valid as i didn't claim the charges until 5 months after they sneakily aquired it as i didn't know otherwise i would of contested it.

3. Can i seek compensation due to the debt still being outstanding even though money recieved is £30 more then settlement figure and has caused me to be declined credit and stopping me from getting new mortgage.

4. What can i do and what are my rights.

Last of all when i spoke to them back then 2 years ago about why they were still chasing debt i was told that bryan carter would not of given me the settlement figure had they known i was reclaiming charges, (Hold on a minute, is that my fault they didn't talk to each other?)

Please help i am at my wits end with this one.

Sorry for being a pain but post just shows examples of others being stitched up, How do i go about my own unique case?

How do get a ccj set aside please?

Sorry another question, Is it illegal for them to make a court claim for 5% of the alleged debt and because i didn't contest it due to not knowing about it until it was too late what exatly do i do please???