Drink Driving Medical

liverpool-paul
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, I recieved my A4 letter from DVLA covering me to drive until they tell me any different I suppose. It doesnt look particiularly official but at leats it arrived 7 days after i called them to check status of my application, its over 2 months now since i had medical. I am hoping this is a sign that my license will be approved soon!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi people

no punn intended gonna come straight out with this waiting to do medical after drink driving

but do they look for drug ussage as enjoy a doobie of an evening nothing exsessive but iam a bitt worried and desperatly need my lisence back:|

thanks for the reply was elligable to have liscence back on 17th of this month if i had done the medical wich i havent whilste i knock the dooby on the head but hearing how long it takes to get sorted i gonna send the d1 tommorow thanks again

• 1 year later...

hi guys, im about to have a medical at the end of the month im not drinking from last week so all together it will be 4 weeks before i do my medical without drinking, a week before i stopped drinking i had a few drinks well quiet alot and now im a little scared.

i already had a liver functions test a week previous to when i had a drink and my results where

ALT 32 range 41

ast 28 range 41

mcv 83 range 80-98

serum alkaline phosphatase 89 range 129

does anyone know if i will pass with these results and also do you think they will change because i drank that night, also i cant see a gamma on my list, will i need this?

• 2 weeks later...
hi guys, im about to have a medical at the end of the month im not drinking from last week so all together it will be 4 weeks before i do my medical without drinking, a week before i stopped drinking i had a few drinks well quiet alot and now im a little scared.

i already had a liver functions test a week previous to when i had a drink and my results where

ALT 32 range 41

ast 28 range 41

mcv 83 range 80-98

serum alkaline phosphatase 89 range 129

does anyone know if i will pass with these results and also do you think they will change because i drank that night, also i cant see a gamma on my list, will i need this?

Hi. They do check gamma gt. I had a test done a while back with my doc and he said all was ok, but never actually got results. Let me know if they do a folical test as they told me on my course that this was now a requirement. Good luck

I had my test, my gamma gt was 56 I think but I was told I could have one over so I think I've passed, well I hope so! They didn't do a folical test nor a urine test which I was also told they would do, they just did blood, asked a bunch of questions and on my way!!! All I can do is wait :(

• 2 weeks later...
I had my test, my gamma gt was 56 I think but I was told I could have one over so I think I've passed, well I hope so! They didn't do a folical test nor a urine test which I was also told they would do, they just did blood, asked a bunch of questions and on my way!!! All I can do is wait :(

Kaisen, did you find out if your results were accepted? Mine are of a very similar score so I hope so. Please can you advise, or anyone else who would know! I don't live in the UK so it has been very difficult to get this sorted!

Mine were:

Haematmggy Result Ref. Range

Mean Cell Volume 89 fL 80 to 100

Bigmhemistry Result Ref. Range

SGPT/ALT 38 Mí

SGOT/AST 27 M1

GGTP 57 M:

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

hey person2012, i wouldnt worry too much you will pass, i got told yesterday by the dvla that i passed yaaaaay! i spoke to a really nice guy in the medical section who explained how it works, basically if u are a heavy drinker your gamma would be high but it has to measure up with your ast to show liver damage if your gamma is high but ast and alt are low (under 50) it just means your quiet active or fit so yes you will pas with those results :) let me know anyway but i know you have passed anyway

gd luck x

Kaisen, did you find out if your results were accepted? Mine are of a very similar score so I hope so. Please can you advise, or anyone else who would know! I don't live in the UK so it has been very difficult to get this sorted!

Mine were:

Haematmggy Result Ref. Range

Mean Cell Volume 89 fL 80 to 100

Bigmhemistry Result Ref. Range

SGPT/ALT 38 Mí

SGOT/AST 27 M1

GGTP 57 M:

Thanks.

hey person2012, i wouldnt worry too much you will pass, i got told yesterday by the dvla that i passed yaaaaay! i spoke to a really nice guy in the medical section who explained how it works, basically if u are a heavy drinker your gamma would be high but it has to measure up with your ast to show liver damage if your gamma is high but ast and alt are low (under 50) it just means your quiet active or fit so yes you will pas with those results let me know anyway but i know you have passed anyway

gd luck x

• 3 years later...

Hi all, I've just spent about 2 hours @ work, reading through this whole thread,

must say its the best info about even years on.

I have been on a Ban for 10.5 years on end Nov 2014,

Now even though my ban has finished I am on an automatic ban until i pass my driving tests.

I have been sent to a medical which I need to book, apparently the doctors are full for July so they will call back in August.

Which is probably best as I drink once a week.

I got sent to prison on 5 different occasions for driving without a license, dangerous driving and drink driving.

The dangerous driving was when I was about 19,

I was already on a ban and had experience of being put away for it

so I tried to drive away from cops on an A road.

Not very bright of me.

But now I am 27 and a father to a little girl, a lot more mature.

Realise my stupidity and trust me its like being disabled without a car.

I have not been able to do many a things.

But now i'm also worried about my medical because I seriously don't want another 6 months ban.

I think I have to say, every body is different and all our bodies work in different ways,

so for some of us we need to stay abstinent for a lot longer than others,

where as the lucky ones can have a drink the week before and still pass,

so don't stress too much about it,

at the end of the day at least you haven't killed or seriously harmed anybody and you still have a life.

All the best to every1.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all,

I'm a few months off getting my license back and trying to prepare for when the time comes!

I've been researching the "DVLA doctor" but I'm wondering, who exactly is this?

I assume it isn't the same person for everybody, but is there anywhere I can find out who these doctors are? Like a database or website that tells me who or where they are based?

Thanks!

Glad I haven't had to do this

My last blood tests came back a while ago I can't remember what it was They were testing but

Aparently the average on liver function is 45 - 50

Mine was 183...

Since then I quit drinking for a bit and I think I'll try that milk thistle

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: