• Tweets

• god they've got at you haven't they. told you all the usual utter BS. a CCJ vanishes from your credit file on it's 6th B'Day regardless to being paid off or not or paying or not. same with any debt with a registered defaulted date - it vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th B'day regardless. creditfix are Knightsbridge, (they renamed) there are 100's of threads here on Knightsbridge, if i remember rightly 2 of the directors of a certain very big IVA provider were struck off for embezzling £1m's out of debtors. pers i'd stop paying now.  end of . just ignore them all. 99% of your debts are to utterly powerless DCA's and probably were never owed in the first place only goes to firm up my belief from post one..you got had blind. its very easy to deal with the debts even those with CCJ's. can you copy and paste what you credit file says regarding the IVA please?   
    • The airline says it is investigating reports that customers can view other passengers' personal information.View the full article
    • They are finding new ways to cut back on household spending as China’s economy loses steam.View the full article
    • Sorry I meant credit fix - I really wish I'd known this before - kicking myself right now  If they come back to me asking for more money I'll cancel it and start trying to deal with the debt myself let's see what they say  Feeling tempted to cancel it now but scared that some of the debts will do more CCJ's on me and I'll have to wait 6 years again.  2 of the CCJ come of this year and then I'll only have the iva in credit file - effectively if I'd have not took out the iva in 2021 I'd have clear score by now - but then again would I because I would have been hounded the last 3 years, as bad as it is it's saves me lots of headaches whilst my debt was still within the 6 year mark.  I think most of them are near there but in all honesty no point chasing them if I do cancel iva I'd jjst wait for the ones who contact me and then start the relevant letter process on them.  Of over 6 years easy if not still possible to write off. My true victory would be having the iva wiped off my credit file as mis sold or something that way I Don't have to wait till 2027 Other option is to fight back and ask for them to offer the creditors to accept payments so far and use the following method    Will your IVA firm agree to complete your IVA on the basic of funds paid to date? The Guidance lists a lot of factors to be considered in deciding whether a settlement on the basis of funds paid to date should be proposed. You should read the list. But that may not give you any feel for whether they apply to you or not. The following are my thoughts on when an IVA should be treated as settled, not failed. They assume that you have £75 or less to pay a month: if you would currently qualify for a Debt Relief Order, then your IVA should be settled now  There is no point in making your IVA fail and you have to apply for a DRO – it will not generate another penny for your creditors. If you are renting and owe less than £50,000, check the DRO criteria now and talk to National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 about whether you qualify. You may have been told at the start of your IVA that you aren’t eligible – still check now as the DRO criteria have changed, your situation has got worse, and some people were given incorrect information about DROs at the start. if you have no assets that would be realised in bankruptcy (eg a house with equity, car worth over £2000), then your IVA should be settled now Same as (1), there is no point in making you apply for bankruptcy after your IVA fails. if your only asset is a car that is worth less than £8000, then your IVA should be settled now A car that is worth say £5000 would normally be sold in bankruptcy and you would be given a small amount to buy a cheaper car. But your creditors would not get any benefit from this as the Insolvency Service takes the first £8000 raised to cover its own costs. if you have significant assets, the closer you are to the end of the IVA, the less reasonable it is to fail it If you have been paying your IVA for 4 years, you have done your best over a long period. It isn’t your fault you can no longer continue. The fact you may have had equity to release isn’t relevant as that simply isn’t going to be possible. if your situation will clearly improve soon, then it’s unlikely your IVA will be settled I mean real improvements, not hoping that prices fall. If I can get them to accept payment to date or threaten with cancellation hopefully they may accept it -  Other option is to try and borrow money and pay make a full and final offer  Or I can just ignore and hope for the best which I'm very tempted to do especially if they respond to my review with bullying tactics despite me being skint as a fart with no mortgage as renting  It's so stressful but I've just checked the iva agreement from 2021 and it's Cabot 2 accounts Lowell about 5 accounts and then lots of repeats of the same debt with for example zopa and Cabot same amount listed twice -  also loyyds banks but I'm sure that's older than 6 years and not on credit file anyway  If I can somehow remove the iva from my credit file I'd be happy 
    • India has one of the world's fastest growing economies but the benefits are yet to fully reach the poorest.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Drink Driving Medical

liverpool-paul
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone give me any advice. I was caught drink driving and banned for 16 months. I know what i did was stupid and would never do anything like this again. I stupidly refused to give a specimen so was classed as a high risk driver and consequently had to have a dvla medical.

I gave up drinking for 2 weeks but failed my medical due to high liver function levels. My doctor was contacted and he confirmed I do not have any problems with alcohol. I was stunned when the dvla said I could not apply for another 6 months.

I am due to reapply in February 2009. I have not drunk any alcohol for over 3 months now and have had 3 blood tests through my doctor. Although my liver function tests have improved and my gamma gt came down to 87, (the NHS levels are 10-70), my alt came down to 45 (NHS levels 10-50) my GP says my liver function is normal and to reapply. The DVLA set upper limit of 50 for Gamma gt and 40 for ALT. I decided to wait a further month but my levels have increased slightly for no reason. I have tried talking to the DVLA re their levels but they say they set there own limits. Incidently I do take omeprazole every day for reflux and advisory leaflet says this can alter liver function.

Has anyone any advice?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i would start taking milk thistle do a google on it he helps to clean and repair the liver my GP told me about it when i was ill

you can get it from health shops

Regards DK

Please Tip My Scales if Info was Use full

• 3 weeks later...

'Liverpool paul' I am going to have the DVLA medical in Feb 2009. Like you I refused to give a sample,stupid I know now. I have had a few heavy binges on the drink over the last year but nothing since August 08. Do you remember the questions they asked you when you had the original medical that you unfortunately failed. I have been told they are very subtle questions to try and catch you out on your drinking history. My doctor knows I have had a few bad episodes on the drink, but that's behind me now. Will they be contacting my GP if my bloods are OK. I can understand the frustration and worry you are going through. Please can you give me some advise

hi loggy-z...the dvla will send out a questionare to your doctor about any medical drinking habits..ie if you have undergone detox or anything like that...

you will have to fill out a questionare yourself when you go for a medical, and from what i can remember their is no trick questions at all, just simple yes or no's, and when was your last drink, and maybe what did your drinking habbits used to be like... if you haven't been drinking since august then you should pass with flying colours..

hope this helps

regards paul.

• 3 weeks later...

liverpool paul hope you passed the DVLA medical. I believe the omerprozale can send your GT levels right up. I have my medical on the 27th Feb and have spoke to my GP. He said he knows of no questionnaire that the DVLA will send him and was not aware of one??? are you sure they do this. I know someone who took the medical 6 months ago and he was a regular weekend heavy drinker gave up for ten days and passed. His view was the medical was just another money maker after paying nearly £110 cash as the doctor would not accept a cheque. If I was to fail would I be able to appeal

loggy-z

hi mate..if your levels are over what they should be after your medical, then a letter will be sent to your doctor, if not then they will pass your medical straight away..i am still awaiting to see if i have to go for a medical or not( which i probably will have) after my doctor has filled out a questionaire for me from the dvla..if you have stopped drinking for a substantial amount of time then i can see no problems of you passing it..

regards paul

once again the dvla are absolute ******S, after finding out today that i have to go for another medical !!!!!!!

Edited by liverpool-paul

Paul don't tell me you have to pay again. If your gamma gt are still high even if your not drinking you must be in a catch 22. When's the medical and is it the same doctor. Mine is this Friday I'll give you an update and will ask the doctor about things that could make you fail apart from alcohol. If your not drinking and your doctor says you have no drinking problem then surely your going through the same procees again to be knocked back. How long after the test do you find out your results.

hi loggy z..my medical is on the 18th of march..i think it takes 2 to 3 weeks if i remembering correctly to when you will find out, if you have passed it or not..yes i do have to pay again unfortuneatly..hope all goes well with yours mate, fingers crossed for both of us..keep in touch mate..

paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Liverpool-Paul

I have my medical soon also in two weeks. After reading the threads can you confirm that if your blood results are ok they will not contact your doctor.

Also is there any mention of drugs on the questionaire, if so what do they ask?

Thanks

Yogster

hi yogster..

to be honest mate, i'm not sure if they contact your doctor or not, if blood results are ok..

i think that they have contacted mine before my next medical because i failed my original medical 6 months ago by quite a high margin..

Hi Mate,

Thanks for your reply. Have you any idea of the pass rate figures for ALT, Gamma GT etc as i have had a Liver function test a week ago with my GP and i have a print out of the results so i can check if OK.

Thanks Mate

Yogster

hi yogster..

these are the figures and what they test for as when i had my medical 6 months ago..hope yours are ok..you are allowed to be out of range with only 1 of the certain ranges that they test ..

gamma gt upper reference range 50

mcv upper reference range 98

ast upper reference range 40

alt upper reference range 40

although my doctor says that their is no such tect result as an ast anymore, and after looking on the internet i cannot find out anything about it either..

let me know where you are at out of interest please mate..

Mate,

I am going to check my results against what you have given me with my GP as my results are difficult to understand, my results show as a measurement "iu/L" am i looking at the correct column as there are two results? I will get back to you this week after i have seen GP and i will let you know my results.

Also mate if you pass the blood and urine test, how long before you are told if you can drive or not?

Yogster

not sure how long it takes for dvla to sort out results...Mr loggy-z will be the first 1 out of the 3 of us to find out..i/ul just means the figures in which your blood results should be within..u/l stands for upper level...

also if you are past your date that your ban ended on, then you can drive while your application is being processed, as long as it hasen't been revoked by failing a previous dvla medical like i did..

Edited by liverpool-paul

Bear in mind that different labs use different reference values.

AST can still be done, but will only be done by the lab if the GGT is abnormal.

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!

hi all from loggy-z

Been for my medical on 27th FEB with the most jumped up doctor you could ever wished to meet. No hallo goodbye, just get the job done quick and get paid

1 Took my blood pressure said it was high

2 Ask me a series of questions about drink. How much do I drink when was my last drink has drink ever been a problem.

3 Asked about any drug taking. Most yes/no questions he was ticking no before I gave him the answers

4 Weighed me

5 Checked my height

6 Simple eye test

7 Took my blood

8 Asked for payment of £110 (cash only)before I left the room to fill a sample bottle with urine

9 Returned with urine he checked it with a dip strip.

10 Then told me all done I could escape now???

I asked him how long it would be before I would get the results and he told me to ring the DVLA.

I was in and out in within 10 minutes

I rang the DVLA 4th March they told me to ring back on the 12th and they should know something. They told me I am allowed to driver from the 27th midnight and if my my medical enquires were still not finalised they would issue me with a temporary driving license

loggy-z

thanks poppy nurse..i had aready been told about different results from labs, but did not Know anything about the ast test, as could not find any information...

to anyone reading threads on this forum DO NOT EVER EVER DRINK AND DRIVE, I HAVE WELL AND TRULY LEARNT MY LESSON, AND THANK GOD THAT NOBODY WAS INVOLVED WHEN I GOT CAUGHT..

Stop shouting you idiot, do you think we don't know?

Loggy-z is a relieved man today. I have got my license back and can drive from the 28th march. I had the medical as I previously mentioned. I rang the dvla the day they got my results and the medical department made the decision within 24hours. There was no contact made with my own doctor or any investigations into my previous medical history. My advice is don't drink for 14 days before the medical and do take pure milk thistle 3 times a day in that time. It seems to have worked for me. Next step is trying to get insurance. Good luck to all who still have to do the medical. I personally believe 90% of all driver have drank while over the limit, many the morning after without knowing. You will one day get caught, I for one have learned the hard way but learnt my lesson, I have!

• 2 weeks later...