style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have a CCJ Which i havent made no payment agreements as of yet to pay as i am on JobSeekers Allowance and actively looking for work.

A Baliff from my local County Court called out when i was out before Xmas and left a letter.

Well this morning I had another visit which I didnt answer and left another letter.

As Below: - 14 NOVEMBER 2008

NOTICE OF NON PAYMENT OF WARRANT

To the Defendant

We agreed how you would pay the warrant but you have not kept to that agreement

Unless you pay the warrant to the court office before:-

15th January 2009

your goods WILL BE REMOVED AND SOLD.

ANY ADVICE CAN THEY ENTER THE PROPERTY EVEN THO THEY HAVENT BEEN IN THE HOUSE? SO U KNOW THEY ARE COURT BALIFFS NOT A DCA BALIFF. ALSO THE LETTER IS DATED 14/11/2008 BUT ONLY GOT HANDPOSTED TODAY 08/1/2009???

PLEASE HELP

THANKS DEWIWAYNE

Hi there, you don't have to answer the door to him, and DON'T let him into the house!! make sure all doors and windows are locked while you are in (and out).

You need to apply to the court on a Form N245 to have the payments lowered as you are on benefits. You can download the form here : Her Majesty's Courts Service - Home. Select Forms and Guidance from the menu on the left hand side and enter N245 in the box. You can then go to the page where you can download and print the form.

If you don't have a printer, call at your local court office and they will give you one. The sooner you get it filled in and back to the court the sooner the bailiff will stop calling. He cannot call while you have an N245 at court for consideration.

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi there, you don't have to answer the door to him, and DON'T let him into the house!! make sure all doors and windows are locked while you are in (and out).

You need to apply to the court on a Form N245 to have the payments lowered as you are on benefits. You can download the form here : Her Majesty's Courts Service - Home. Select Forms and Guidance from the menu on the left hand side and enter N245 in the box. You can then go to the page where you can download and print the form.

If you don't have a printer, call at your local court office and they will give you one. The sooner you get it filled in and back to the court the sooner the bailiff will stop calling. He cannot call while you have an N245 at court for consideration.

Ell-enn

Thanks i just filled it out who should i make the enclosing payment to The applicant or court

?

Thanks

Hi, if you are on jobseekers allowance I don't think you have to pay - ring your local court and ask - if there is a fee to pay it would be to HMCS. Have you made an offer to pay by installments?

Take the form to the court yourself and they will tell you if you have filled it in ok (the counter staff are normally very helpful).

Ell-enn

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

If the first payment is to go with the form, then I assume it should be paid to HMCS - get a postal order and leave the Payee bit blank, then when you take the form to the court ask them who to make it payable to.

Ell-enn