• Tweets

• Just a typo change that I'd make for the last line. Maybe also add something that says "I assume you will be fully aware that you cannot rely on a clause of a contract that you do not produce."
    • Hello, Firstly, and most importantly I am sorry for your loss. I would go back to the bank with the death certificate and ask them to step in. Remind them firmly but politely that there is no limit for DD claims   Please let us know how you get on.
    • My wife is the named person to his bank account with him having Dementia being his daughter (I say named person she still is but he recently passed away and the deputyship application has now being stopped by the solicitor as it's no longer needed) We've only just got the Death Certificate so the bank will be the next step informing them. She went to the bank and explained the situation but even being his named person the bank said she didn't have the power to stop DD without any legal documents (virgin money) was the bank. She could have copies of bank statements that was about it.
    • I see you said you tried to stop the DD but it seems that didn't work. May I please ask why that didn't work? You should be asking your bank to cancel the DD and I don't see why they would have objected, hopefully you can clarify this. I agree that you should be making a claim here against your bank and ask them for a DD refund. There is no timeframes for this.
    • JK: Yeah That's correct. We left rent payment coming out of his bank account from January 2023 - August 2023 until we could find somewhere to sort out his belongings which was fine. I tried to give notice a few times from August 2023 asking for advice from Sanctuary housing how we went about this explaining his condition and that he was in a Nursing home from December 2022. I explained we don't have any legal powers to his account like POT but were in the process of going for Deputyship and that I was the named person to act on his behalf to speak with Santuary housing. I said we could provide details of his condition and proof he was now in a nursing home with date he moved in. This went ignored despite repeated attempts to contact them until a housing manager contacted us end of February 2024 and notice was finally accepted with his tenancy coming to an end March 22 2024. Although they have continued to take rental payments for the flat despite someone else living in it from the 1st April. I wasn't aware payments were still being taken till I checked his May banks statements. I had asked them to back date rental payments to August 2023 when I gave notice rather than just giving notice in March 2024 but they've ignored that bit. I don't see why they shouldn't give it back they've taken money they shouldn't have. Thanks DX, I wasn't aware we could do that for that length of time. I'll ask my wife to check with the bank this week
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mortgage Securitisation - Preferred

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Also the Committee confirm one of the arguments Carmel Taff & I have been banging on about for ages namely that this present crisis has nothing whatsoever to do with 'trailer trash' not being able to pay their mortgages. It's much more to do with bond holders wanting to liquidate their assets.

On the knowledge that they were about to be subject to taxation they provoked the crisis because none of them would trade with one another so at the slightest excuse they liquidated the asset namely repossessing homes.

This is the reason why many homeowners have found themselves the subject of repossession action even after only missing as few as one payment

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The jig-saw is taking shape isn't it? All beginning to make sense.

Matter of interest, would you be aware of how exactly the repossession process kicks in between the SPV and the bank? What kind of instruction do you think they receive to start this process off?

Basically the bond holder wants to liquidate the asset the SPV then instructs the managing company (Capstone or SMPL) to find way's to default the borrower such as raising rates to unmanageable levels or if the borrower is late making a payment even by one day they will use that as an excuse to repossess.

They don't even need to do that but it looks better if they can claim the borrower is no longer credit worthy............. You will have seen cases where lenders have demanded immediate repayment of the mortgage from people who have NEVER EVER defaulted.......... the most recent being a few weeks ago involving HBOS

correct. The parties are using the 'gap' allowed to register from one to another without any intention of registering the true owner in the the 1st place. It's a clear breach of criminal law

JC, I think I follow your statements on this matter. They are right in line with Supersleuths earlier posts arguing the same points.

However, Suetonius has since convincingly argued and provided some case law evidence that the matter, may in fact not be as simple as this due to the way securitisations are structured under UK law i.e. the use of trusts and the splitting of legal title and equitable title under the securitisation.

Suetonius raised a number of objections in this regard which I'm yet to see overcome (or have I missed something?).

I do think sight of the Sale agreement between the lenders and the SPVs to confirm what exactly was sold, either full legal title OR equitable/beneficial interest, would really clarify the debate.

It may simply be that the lenders and investors allege one thing in sight of the public, FSA and courts etc but agree something quite different among themselves.

• Haha 1

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

Basically the bond holder wants to liquidate the asset the SPV then instructs the managing company (Capstone or SMPL) to find way's to default the borrower such as raising rates to unmanageable levels or if the borrower is late making a payment even by one day they will use that as an excuse to repossess.

They don't even need to do that but it looks better if they can claim the borrower is no longer credit worthy............. You will have seen cases where lenders have demanded immediate repayment of the mortgage from people who have NEVER EVER defaulted.......... the most recent being a few weeks ago involving HBOS

The question JC is why now? What do they have to gain? The lenders gain a reputation over repossessions and it can be a costly and messy excercise for them.

I do know though, that IF there is a risk of default, bond holders (who are naturally risk averse) will opt for the safe return of capital and forego future potential profit. A bird in hand is worth two in the ...

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smarterchick viewpost.gif

Just for clarification JC....at what juncture then does the line get drawn on who the owner is at any particular time of the procedure? Also, these spv's seem to liquidate after a few years, so I presume these assets are sold on yet again somewhere else?

for example:

a) When the mortgage is taken out - the 'title owner' I'd presume to be the mortgage provider who registers their name at the Land Registry

b) when the mortgage provider securitises the mtg - the owner is ? The SPV not proven yet JC

Now in the position of b) all the paperwork I have seen (which I accept may not be legal as per CB, but lets ignore that for the minute) indicates that this has all been securitised under equitable assignment. If that is the case, does legal ownership change with equitable assignment and to whom - the Trust company, the SPV or to whom or does it remain with the originator? legal ownership carries with it the duties AND obligations of the originator - legal ownership 'is good for the world'

TRUE ? WAS WHO IS THE TRUE OWNER

c) IF CB is correct and title changes or should have changed then legal title should of course be registered at the LR.

correct. The parties are using the 'gap' allowed to register from one to another without any intention of registering the true owner in the the 1st place. It's a clear breach of criminal law

If so how long can this gap last forever if it can it must be with the consent of the LR and if it can or can not it is the LR who is in breach surely ..And I ask again then why can't it be brought to the attention of the police.Or if not go back to the starting line and challenge whoever is on the LR to prove they have the right to be there,if not have it removed and the true owner would then have to register yes... surely the LR have to answer to someone..

user_offline.gif

• Haha 1

Originally Posted by JonCris viewpost.gif

If by bond holder we mean invester who was promised a return on his money of x amount and now fears he may not get it he asks for his money back from the SPV he can't do owt other than ask the title holder [ie spml] what to do and all he can do is try for repo ..=the owner ;)

I have'nt JC would love to read that one and as to how the judge would see it " I want to repo him because I don't like the colour of his money Sir"

Judge ..is that written into the charge you have on his property .

SPV " WELL AT THE MOMENT I HAVE'NT EVEN REGISTERED WITH THE LR YET "

Judge are you the owner of the title then or not :confused:

SPV "well actually no its me cousin who owns it but he lets me play around with it ":D

Quote:

Originally Posted by

SmarterchickSmarterchick

viewpost.gif

Just for clarification JC....at what juncture then does the line get drawn on who the owner is at any particular time of the procedure?

spv's

these

spv's

seem to liquidate after a few years, so I presume these assets are sold on yet again somewhere else?

for example:

a) When the mortgage is taken out - the 'title owner' I'd presume to be the mortgage provider who registers their name at the Land Registry

b) when the mortga

securitises

securitises

the mtg - the owner is ? The SPV not proven yet JC The SPV is the banks client not the borrower.

Now in the position of b) all the paperwork I have seen (which I accept may not be legal as per CB, but lets ignore that for the minute) indicates that this h

securitised

securitised

under equitable assignment. If that is the case, does legal ownership change with equitable assignment and to whom - the Trust company, the SPV or to whom or does it remain with the originator? legal ownership carries with it the duties AND obligations of the originator - legal ownership 'is good for the world'

TRUE ? WAS WHO IS THE TRUE OWNER IMHO the bond holder represented by the SPV

c) IF CB is correct and title changes or should have changed then legal title should of course be registered at the LR.

If so how long can this gap last forever if it can it must be with the consent of the LR The LR know nothing about it until it happens and if it can or can not it is the LR who is in breach surely ..And I ask again then why can't it be brought to the attention of the police.Or if not go back to the starting line and challenge whoever is on the LR to prove they have the right to be there,if not have it removed and the true owner would then have to register yes... surely the LR have to answer to someone.. The people who need to answer about this is the FSA who have consciously acquiesced to this behaviour

& who Parliament have now asked to enforce the law

user_offline.gif

Response above in bold red

Originally Posted by JonCris viewpost.gif

If by bond holder we mean invester who was promised a return on his money of x amount and now fears he may not get it he asks for his money back from the SPV he can't do owt other than ask the title holder [ie spml] what to do and all he can do is try for repo ..=the owner ;)

I have'nt JC would love to read that one and as to how the judge would see it " I want to repo him because I don't like the colour of his money Sir"

Judge ..is that written into the charge you have on his property .

SPV " WELL AT THE MOMENT I HAVE'NT EVEN REGISTERED WITH THE LR YET "

Judge are you the owner of the title then or not :confused:

SPV "well actually no its me cousin who owns it but he lets me play around with it ":D

Anyone's mortgage can be recalled at any time by the lender without the lender giving a reason

As for what is said in court it's been shown that when challenged regarding title they simply lie & even when they don't the Judges usually think it's OK because the 'original' lender is still registered with LR. The Judges like most people don't understand the concept of securitization

The question JC is why now? What do they have to gain? The lenders gain a reputation over repossessions and it can be a costly and messy excercise for them.

I do know though, that IF there is a risk of default, bond holders (who are naturally risk averse) will opt for the safe return of capital and forego future potential profit. A bird in hand is worth two in the ...

1st lets put to rest your mistaken belief the banks care what society think............. they don't give a toss & if you haven't figured that out yet then I must ask where have you been for the last couple of years & of course it's to their benefit to repo just read the thread & you'll find out why

JC, I think I follow your statements on this matter. They are right in line with Supersleuths earlier posts arguing the same points.

However, Suetonius has since convincingly argued and provided some case law evidence that the matter, may in fact not be as simple as this due to the way securitisations are structured under UK law i.e. the use of trusts and the splitting of legal title and equitable title under the securitisation.

Suetonius raised a number of objections in this regard which I'm yet to see overcome (or have I missed something?).

I do think sight of the Sale agreement between the lenders and the SPVs to confirm what exactly was sold, either full legal title OR equitable/beneficial interest, would really clarify the debate.

It may simply be that the lenders and investors allege one thing in sight of the public, FSA and courts etc but agree something quite different among themselves.

Quite You may also recall that seu conceded that when sold the complete title changed making it to use sue's term "good for the World" therefore ALL benefits changed hands................& yes they do say one thing to the courts & one thing to each other & this is why it'll be real struggle to expose the actual agreement in court......... not least because it shows an intention to break the criminal law by NOT registering the change of owner.

Quite You may also recall that seu conceded that when sold the complete title changed making it to use sue's term "good for the World" therefore ALL benefits changed hands................& yes they do say one thing to the courts & one thing to each other & this is why it'll be real struggle to expose the actual agreement in court......... not least because it shows an intention to break the criminal law by NOT registering the change of owner.

I was only refering to the Bank of England document. I did not concede in relation to securitisation that anything other than the equitable title is transferred. I do not consider that one document overides all the information that I have previously posted.

I am as adament today as I was the first day I posted on this thread that it is only the equitable title that is transferred.

The reasons I say this are evident by the information that I have posted.

If legal/absolute title was transferred, why would the client information pack (as I have previously posted) from one of the "firms" that advise the companies with regard to securitisation specify equitable assignment.

Wouldn't this be misleading and somewhat pointless.

This is also why he/she feels an injustice was done in that his new mortgage lender had to pay a large ERC to the original lender when in fact the securitization expressly forbids the right to remortgage. In other words why should they be paid for something they wanted to block

I am a little confused why a repossession would be more beneficial than a remortgage ?

Wouldn't it be more financially beneficial for all parties if the borrower was to remortgage as this would mean that all monies were repaid straight away and prevent any possible shortfalls.

Can anyone, show any actual evidence (document) to show that a legal / absolute assignment has taken or takes place ?

Anyone's mortgage can be recalled at any time by the lender without the lender giving a reason

How scary is that?:shock:

sounds like it a bit like wind maybe :) I have yet to see it happen ,or the outcome of such an attempt ? why would they insist on having a charge on your house ,why run around like headless chickens trying to find ways of forcing you into arrears so they could repo you when all they had to do is say ...give me the money back I loaned you and if you can't we'll take your house.

JC

Do you have proof of this? I am aware that while this applies to bank overdrafts which do not have a repayment schedule, it does not apply to mortgages. To my knowledge (or ignorance for that matter) as long as the borrower fully maintains their obligations i.e. timely, full agreed payments, the lender cannot enforce anything.

Enlighten me:-|

How scary is that?:shock:

sounds like it a bit like wind maybe :) I have yet to see it happen ,or the outcome of such an attempt ? why would they insist on having a charge on your house ,why run around like headless chickens trying to find ways of forcing you into arrears so they could repo you when all they had to do is say ...give me the money back I loaned you and if you can't we'll take your house.

I suggest you read your mortgage agreement as it has happened very recently in fact

Sue welcome back;) If now't else I got your attention:D - Now to the fray

I understand you point of view & the very sound reasons for it - but I do believe like many honest people your missing the bigger picture namely that the banks WILL & HAVE lied & not only about securitization I might add

Of course it's beneficial to have the SPV liquidated in order to not only recover what you can by repossession but also to trigger the insurance payout. - also the SPV by it's terms of agreement has no intention whatsoever of honouring the term of the originators mortgage contract usually 25 years

A press article is very one sided. It could be that there was a breach of the agreement.

The house could have been rented to tenants etc

Of course it's one sided The bank without cause is evicting them from their home ........ what excuse have the bank got

"The house may have had tenants" Oh pleeeese What next It's a brothel or better still it's a drugs den........ after all one at least is a pharmacist :shock:

Lets just stick with the 'known' facts shall we

maybe not, but this was not a one off, it happened to others as well.

I am quite sure that this does happen regulary. However, it would be fool hardy to rely upon or to draw facts from a newspaper article.

Only one fact can be obtained from that artical and that is the action of the bank. It is impossible to extract the facts to explain why.

johncris

I suggest you read your mortgage agreement as it has happened very recently in fact

I have read my agreement and three of my kids agreements and there is nothing in them that says they can ask for the money back in full without reason ...They can for a breach of the agreement ie lieing.false info on the application etc taking in tenants without permission drugs den and brothels etc all happen up my end of the woods :pso yes with just cause they can without no ............my last comment on this issue