dtjim v mbna

dtjim
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nicked this from your thread Sunflower for Dtjim

dtjim this is a quote from an experienced cagger I thought you should see it..

If you are taken to court and your defence is based on denying the debt and you have made payments then you are on a sticky wicket.

If your defence is based on their none production of an executed agreement or default notice then payment isn't an issue and I have always paid token payments to all my creditors except 2 who get more as they hold valid agreements.

I have been in court and used the " I am not here as a won't pay but a can't pay" as part of my statement and went on to prove that they hadn't produced an executed agreement and the court couldn't enforce under 127.3 which worked for me on the day, plus another one set aside using the same defence in the AQ directions where the Judge ordered these to be produced they didn't so it was set aside and another one that agreed 11th hour F&F for less than 10% paid over 12 months.

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

hey dtjim

hope you are okay with the responces - its all about a game of poker

who blinks first lol

got to hold your nerve and get your facts straigt and lets see what gets put on the table

:cool:

laters have a fun weekend angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

yes you soon get to realise that those pathetic threatograms get to be a bit of a joke!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

just a q here, if you agreement earlier than 6 years ie pre 1985 then oft states that sec 78 requires the creditor to.. give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) (the if any most naturally refers to the exception for agreements older than 1985

** where does this leave you if its barred as over 6 years old

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

thanks for the support angel and sunflower will let you know when get my next barrage of problems with mbna.. not too long i doubt.

does anyone know answer to mf q

Are you able to scan in the Default Notice minus your personal details. These too have to formatted properly and allow a specific period of time for you to remedy the breach.

Unfortunately,unless you are paying the correct amount as shown on your statement then the company can and most likely will default you. Paying a token payment is almost akin to not paying at all. :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

I havejust got a strange letter. Titled =

Let us help you to repay the money that you have spent

Your account is continuing to fall further into arrears. We need you to take ownership and call us regarding this matter so that we can discuss your situation, and help you repay the money that you have spent.

For your peace of mind and to fulfil your duty of repaying the money that you have already spent, we trust you will cal us today on 01244 675894

We can look to help you by reducing your monthly payment or potentially by suppressing or refunding some of the fees that you have already incurred. We can also provide you with infomation to help you deal with your finances in times of diffculty and we have leaflets available which detail your options.

In the meantime you need to maintain your account and make a payment of £258.20 no later than Wednesday 18 March 2009.

This is your final chance to co-operate before we insist that you disclose your personal assets and income.

My question is, do I have to disclose my financial assets. What do you reckon I should do regarding this letter? thanks to you all.

noit djtm, only a court can INSIST you reveal your assets. Unfortunately, MBNA still havent got the message. UK laws apply in the UK and MBNA have to abide by them whether they like it or not.

If you still havent received a copy of the credit agreement yet then I would suggest giving the following letter a try. This was my response when they advised me it was my last chance to co-operate before they would insist I disclose my personal assets and income:confused:

Dear Sir,

Account No:

Account in Dispute

Your letter dated (whenever) was received (whenever)

I repeat my request for a true copy of any signed credit agreement in respect of the above account. This has still not been received, nor a statement advising that you do not have a copy or why.

I must advise that any legal action you commence will be most vigorously defefended and I will show a court by all the corrrespondence in my possession your blatant disregard for my rights as a consumer under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Please conduct all communication regarding this account in writing only. This protects both of us in the event of litigation. It has been proved so often that recollection of telephone conversations that are unrecorded are inevitably misrepresented.

Yours, etc.

In my case, MBNA had sent me a copy of the letter you received in a bright yellow envelope and mailed it 2nd class. I pointed that out in the first sentence to them, thus "Your letter dated XX XXX XXXX, posted 2nd class mail, in a bright yellow envelope was received today" You should always point out breaches of OFT guidlelines, ie harrassment, initimidation, humilitation. That way you have back up evidence of what you were subjected to.

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D