Just a question............

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Happy New Year to all of you

I was checking my online banking last night when I saw a transaction I didnt recognise. My account was debited on the 30th December for £11.19 plus £1 for an overseas transaction.

I searched back through statements and saw that in January 2008 there was also a transaction I didnt recognise for £7.99 plus £1 for an overseas transaction.

Both of those transactions were for E.cards.

I called the bank this morning and after a bit of too-ing and fro-ing it appears that the transaction was taken from an old card that expired in 2204. I asked how that could happen and was told 'I dont know'

After a while the guy came back and said thats sorted now. I asked again how or why this happened but they have no answers. I asked if he had put steps in to prevent this happening again and he said yes. I asked if my money would be returned and he said only the latest transaction as they can only pay back with 120 days. Is this right ? Surely if I presented an out-of-date card at a till I would be told the card had expired.

You don't say whether it is a debit or credit card - or whether the payment was in respect of services actually used by you. If a debit card (I'm assuming Maestro) then there are occasions that the card number stays the same and only the expiry date changed, in this case debits remain possible, so the banks is correct in this - the onus remains with you to check your statements! If a Visa card, try Visa themselves!

Thank you Busby for replying.

It was an old Visa Credit Card and as the card and every card I have had since has had different numbers.

I can never recall a time when I have ever used the internet to pay for E.cards, in fact I am absolutely sure I have never.

Quite rightly the onus was on me, but in January 2008 I was on holiday so never really bothered checking the online statement. More worried about having enough to meet bills etc.............

Happy New Year