Help! Warrant of Eviction delivered today what can i do??

blondeblue78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Just got home. Judge has suspended possession order and seemed to be on my side. He told the banks rep to advise thier client to be more understanding!!!

I had apply for £90 per month on top of mortgage payment - but he ruled is should be £50- until end of May, £75 until end of october. At which point the lender can apply for a review BUT ONLY if I have not been making these payments and a reasonable effort to reduce arrears. That is a result as monthly mortgage payment has gone down by £100 since all this started but the bank did not inform me of this. The banks rep then tried to get the amount towards the arrears to increase because these payments have gone down and the judge said 'thank you for bringing that to my attention but all you have down is assist me to assist the defendant' He said he wants to give us a chance to get back on our feet and not lose our home.

Anyway the long and short of it is I GET TO KEEP MY HOUSE and it's all thanks to you Ell - and everyone who gave advice. Without this forum, I wouldn't have known what to do and would probably have given up without a fight - io'm so glad I didn't!!!

Thanks again!! You're the best.

BB x x x

Brilliant News !

I'm so pleased for you - and well done for being so brave.

I sincerely hope you can now relax and enjoy your home now that it is safe :)

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Congratulation !!!

Sit down, have a cuppa and afford yourself a big smile. Ell helped my daughter, and like you because the interest rate has dropped she is in a better position to pay her mortgage plus arrears.

Good luck for the future

Regards

LilyLou

If I have been helpful please tip my scales

Any advice/comments I give are based solely on personal experience, if in doubt please consult an expert.

Well done to you and Ell-enn:D

Excellent news - at least the message seems to be getting through to the courts if not the lenders.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

hey what a fantastic result, well done to all and especially you for having the courage and the drive to go to court and defend yourself, fab

i faced repossession myself last year and somehow got myself sorted with my own negotiations, and now 6 months on the remainder of the arrears been added to the mortgage so was spot on with my payments and paying off the arrears, in fairness if i had gone to court like you would have ended up possibly paying less than my offer, as the judge may have decreased my offer.

looks like you had a very nice judge who understood the real problems facing normal people like us

when i read your thread i totally understood your initial fears, but now keep up the payments and enjoy your home with your family and friends

take care and relax now

a toast to all who helped you

laters angel x:cool:

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

I slept like a baby!!!

I came out of the court feeling on top of the world and that I had been offered help. So anyone reading this who is scared to face a court hearing ( As I was ) I say go for it!! At the very worst case you're no better off, but you could be so much better.

I've been smiling so much today and it feels like a victory.

The funny thing is got a letter from banks sols today with a copy of thier letter (dated yesterday) which they sent to the court to cancel the eviction as in their words ' We have decided to give the lender time to repay the arrears' which is absolute rubbish as I have tried many time to negotiate this!! Why did they bother with that when the judge had suspended the order? To make themsleves look like they hadn't lost?

Doesn't matter anyway.

But Once again a BIG THANK YOU to everyone on here - couldn't have done it without you guys!!!

BB X X X X X

• 9 months later...

Hi me again!!

Having stuck to the arrangement for several months my daughter was ill and i had to have a lot of time off work which i wasn't paid for - and was then made redundant so we missed a couple of payments, once i got my redundancy i made a payment in september for £900 (usual payment plus £121 - court had ardered £50) but received a letter from sols on oct 20th advising they are applying for warrant of possesion.

I rand and emailed them on the day i rec'd letter explaining situation and offering to pay £900 per month until april when i can then increase to £975 (council tax arrears being paid via bailiffs will be paid of by then) it took them 2 weeks to decline this offer (today)

So my question is do i use the same forms to go back to court and can i do this now even though i do not have eviction date yet? Also do you think the court will find in my favour again given we have not kept to previous arrangement??

Please help! We considered selling but will not get enough to pay everything of and rent would be more than mortgage so are desperate to stay.

Thanks in advance

BB x x x

Hi there, sorry to hear you have been having difficulties. When were you planning to make the next payment?

If an eviction warrant arrives, you will be able to defend it - you couldn't help being made redundant. Did they decline your offer in writing?

Try not to worry too much, we will put together a good defence.

You need to get proof of all the payments you have made since the last court hearing (bank statements?) or a statement from the lender?

How much are the arrears?

Ell

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

They declined it via email.

The total arrears are in the region of £7400

I was going to make the next payment at the end of october but am reluctant to incase we are evicted - will need it for rent in advance etc.

I can get bank statements online showing the payments I have made so far. I think I have mortgage statements somewhere too. The payment made in September was made before I knew about eveiction so surely shows I am trying to pay? They flat refused my proposals.

So I have to wait for the eviction date to apply to courts?

Thanks for getting back to me - your advise and help means so much to me x

You need to make the payment you should have made at the end of October as soon as you can, as it will prove to the court that you are committed to maintaining your mortgage payments.

Make sure you print off the email and put it safe. Also keep it on your PC. You will need it for your N244 defence.

I will help you with the 244 when the eviction notice arrives.

Ell

No problem, stay positive :)

hiya blondeblue78

just reading the updates, and i wanted to let you know from my own personal experience and expecially that of me helping my friend and that you are really now in safe hands with Ell-en - who has and is contuining to help us still with my friends eviction

so please keep calm and keep positive and cag and its fantastic members will get you and your family through this

i will link up my friends thread if you wanted to have a read if nothing else it will prove to you we are all rooting for each other on cag:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/repossessions/193647-help-notice-eviction-received.html

have a fun afternoon laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi there, don't panic ! the form you need is an N244 - I have affixed one to this post. I have also affixed a budget sheet which you will need to send in with the N244.

Gather together the email which they sent refusing your offer of payment, also any proof you have of the payments you have made since the last order.

Did you make a payment last week?

Are you now working again?

I will start to draft a statement for Q.10 of the N244 and post on here shortly.

n244_0400.pdf

Budget Sheet.xls

Hi

I am making the payment tomorrow - my husband was paid for cash for a job and couldn't get in to pay it in bank til today.

I haven't found another job yet but am now receiving JSA and council tax benefit so in a better position than a few months ago so Can afford the payments now - just and have had several interviews for jobs so am confident I will get a job soon.

Just to go over the reason for the payment problems.

My daughter was ill earlier in the year which meant I had to have a lot of time off work - after 2 week this was unpaid so no wage from me coming in and we missed a couple of payments. She is now better.

I was then made redundant. I made a payment at the end of september once my redundancy came in (before i knew about eveiction) and will make a payment tomorrow.

I have renegotiated payements with unsecured ceditors and With our income at the moment I can pay £900 per month (£121 per month towards arrears) and from August can increase that payment once the council tax arrears (being paid through bailiffs) has been repaid.

Obviously when I get a job I will pay even more.

Thanks

BB

OK, I'll post a statement shortly.

Hi .....

Can I take this into the court tomorrow and get a date there and then?

Thanks

BB

Hi BB

Yes they should give you a time and date straight away, you may need wait there a short while for them to schedule. The hearing will be on a date before the eviction date. Don't forget that you will need to pay the application fee of £35.

I put in my application last week and it was heard by the judge this morning. The eviction notice was cancelled.

Regards

on*the*case

Never Give Up! Never Surrender!

good for you on the case!

Ell I forgot to mention, I did contact the lender in August to advise that I was made redundant and asked if we could pay interest only for a couple of months whilst we waited for benefits claims and explored out oprions (selling etc) but they declined my offer. They offered me the AVS scheme buit said that was the only way they would consider interest only. This discussion took place on the telephone so I have no record of this.

Thanks

bb

Hi there, affixed is the statment for the N244 form.

On the copy of the email you have from them write the claim number on the top left hand corner and Appendix 1 on the top right, do the same on the budget sheet but it will be Appendix 2. Make sure you keep a copy of it all for yourselves to take to court with you.

These are the instructions for completing the rest of the form:

1. Your names

2. Tick Defendant

3. Suspension of eviction

4. No

5. Tick at a hearing

6. 15 minutes

Agreed by all parties: No

7. Write - Not applicable

8. District

9. Both Parties

10. Tick box for attached witness statement

Cross out all options except We Believe

Sign and cross out all options except Applicant

11. Sign and cross out all options except Applicant. Enter your address and contact details

Any questions just shout.

Ell

Blondeblue N244 Statement Nov 09.doc