• Tweets

• look on the bright side - it would allow Biden to do what he likes ...
    • Few tweaks as the run order was completely messed up and the main point of your defence (reconstituted agreement) pushed to the bottom of the statement.   I, XXXXXX, being the Defendant in this case will state as follows; I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in this claim and further to my set aside application dated 1 November 2022. 1.The claimants witness statement confirms that it mostly relies on hearsay evidence as confirmed by the drafts in person in the opening paragraph. It is my understanding they must serve notice to any hearsay evidence pursuant to CPR 33.2(1)(B) (notice of intention to rely on hearsay evidence) and Section 2 (1) (A) of the Civil Evidence Act. 2.  I understand that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct or bad debts, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much reduced cost to the amount claimed and which the original creditors have already wrote off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income as confirmed in the claimants witness statement exhibit by way of the Deed of Assignment. 3. As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights.  This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information).  The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party. 4.  I became aware of original Judgement following a routine credit check on or around 14th September 2020. 5. The alleged letter of claim dated 7 January 2020 was served to a previous address which I moved out of in 2018, no effort was made to ascertain my correct address.  I have attached a copy of my tenancy agreement which is marked ‘Appendix 1’ and shows I was residing at a difference address as of 11 December 2018 and was therefore not at the service address at the time the proceedings were served.  I have also attached an email from my solicitors to the Claimants solicitors dated 14 July 2022 which was sent to them requesting that they disclose the trace of evidence they utilised prior to issuing the proceedings against me.  This is marked ‘Appendix 2’. The claimants solicitors did not provide me with these documents. 6. Under The Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims 2017 a Debt Buyer must undertake all reasonable enquiries to ensure the correct address of a debtor, this can be as simple as a credit file search. The Claimant failed to carry out such basic checks. Subsequently all letters prior to and including ,The Pre action Protocol letter of claim dated 7 January 2020 and the claim form dated 14th February 2020 were all served to a previous address which I moved out of in 2018. 7. Upon the discovery of the Judgement debt, I made immediate contact with the Court and the Claimant Solicitors, putting them on notice that I was making investigations in relation to the Judgement debt as it was not familiar to me.  I asked them to provide me with a copy of the original loan agreement but this was not provided to me.   The correspondence to the Claimant Solicitor's is attached and marked ‘Appendix 3’ 8. On (insert date) I successfully made application to set a side the judgment. The claim proceeded to allocation, 9. The claimant failed to comply with the additional directions ordered by District Judge Davis on the 2 February 2024 'The Claim shall be automatically struck out at 4pm on 3 April 2024 unless the Claimant delivers to the Court and to the Defendant the following documents.' None of these documents were received by the court nor the defendant by that date. (insert date you did receive the documents) I then sent a Data Subject Access Request to Barclays but no agreement was provided. Details the timeline of communication between myself and Barclays are attached and marked ‘Appendix 4’and the copies of correspondence between myself and Barclays are attached and marked ‘Appendix 5’. Remove irrelevant 10.The claimant relies upon and has exhibited a reconstituted version of the alleged agreement. It is again denied that I have ever entered into an agreement with Barclaycard on or around 2000.  It is admitted that I did hold other credit agreements with other creditors and as such should this be a debt that was assigned to Barclaycard from another brand therefore the reconstituted agreement disclosed is invalid being pre April 2007 and not legally enforceable pursuant to HHJ Judge Waksman in Carey v HSBC 2009 EWHC3417.  Details of this are attached and marked ‘Appendix 6’. The original credit agreement must be provided along with any reconstituted version on a modified credit agreement and must contain the names and address of debtor and creditor, agreement number and cancelation clause. 11. Therefore the claimant is put to strict proof to disclose a true executed legible agreement on which its claim relies upon and not mislead the court. 12. It is denied I have ever received a default Notice pursuant to sec 87(1) CCA1974.The claimant is put to strict proof to evidence from the original creditors internal document software the trigger of said notice.  13.   As per CPR 1.4(2)(a) the court encourages parties to cooperate with each other in the conduct of proceedings in order to try and save time and costs for the parties and to also save the time and resources of the court however, despite vast attempts at mediation the claimants have been most unreasonable and have remained unwilling to mediate. 14. Until such time the claimant can comply and disclose a true executed copy of the original assigned agreement they refer to within the particulars of this claim they are not entitled while the default continues, to enforce the agreement pursuant to section 78.6 (a) of the Credit Consumer Act 1974. I believe that the facts stated in this Witness Statement are true.  I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth. Signed                 ………………………………………………….. Name                  XXXX Date                     30 April 2024   Run 3 copies Court /Claimants Sol/File
    • As one of you mentioned above I've been in a mess for nearly 20 years now and I'm ready to sort my credit report out now - the main reason I got into second round of debt is my kids being unwell and the state considering them not unwell enough for extra help so despite my son being in hospital for 3 months in one year we got extra zero help and I eventually lost my job and got into debt to just so I can be تا my sons hospital bed at his time of need - my life basically fell apart and all these debts got me again 
    • Gosh mate I've woke up this morning with half the worry I had last night when going to sleep!.  I can't believe how much this forum has helped me over the years and I don't  have the words to explain the gratitude I feel towards you guys -  Now that I've slept on it I feel ready to reject this company and my plan is to make them an offer to accept payments to date as full and final settlement - I will I think write them a letter once my review is completed or maybe just send it now whilst they are reviewing explaining my kids are unwell for which reason I'm struggling to survive and if I can politely request for them to accept payment to date as a full and final - I'll mention I don't have any cash or anyone to borrow from to offer a full or even part amount of the remaining balance of the iva and therfore am unable to make a offer of payment.   If they agree to at least even put my offer to the creditors then I feel it's better I hang in there and that way I won't have to deal with any possibilities of more defaults and ccjs    Right now the only adverse effects on my credit report are the iva that is now 3 years old and 2 Ccj one coming of this July and one thus October.    But I am worried new action will begin and new defaults and Ccj may start to appear because I've paying into an agreement im under the impression the 6 year rules starts again so yes I have lost of mixed feelings about this but I'm not going to lie you guys have put some life back into my breath this week as for the last 3 years I've felt caged like an animal and this morning I feel freer I can't explain how much but certainly my soul feel lighter today thanks to yin because I'm now viewing this review totally different to I do yesterday thanks to you guys 
    • Court name UNKNOWN Case number ********** Amount N/A Confirmed by Insolvency Service Date issued May 2021 Type Voluntary Arrangement Notes If you have questions about voluntary arrangements you should speak to the Insolvency Service.     I started this in 2021. So it's been about 3 years I've been paying. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Virgin Card - Mbna Cca Is It Valid??

bozalt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I hope some one will be able to advise me regarding the CCA I have been sent by MBNA.

I have looked at information regarding CCA's

and to my untrained eye although blurry what I have received appears valid.

I originally had financial problems around ten months ago with an account balance of £6200

despite making payments of £40.00 per month

MBNA have added charges and the balance is now £7600.00

the account has been passed to 1st credit.

MBNA had offered to settle for £2700 but would not confirm as F & F in writing,

1st Credit now say they would not offer any reduction and want higher repayments.

I would be grateful for any assistance some of the more experienced on this board can offer.

Many thanks and happy New Year to all!

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/2259/mbnaccafrontho6hs4.jpg

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6835/mbnaccabackfc0.jpg

I know this is similar to Muffintops thread to which I have subscribed

and is great for novice's like me so I will be using that for info

but some advice regarding this would be great.

The CCA was sent to me together with the current terms and conditions which appear to be undated and stipulate charges different to those shown the scan of the back of the agreement/application.

As per 'Banker Ryhmes With' reply to Muffintop the terms on the agreement I signed appear to be pre-contractural so look like a combined application/agreement form

although it does show the credit limit granted,

should I reply asking to see the original copy of the agreement?

As the balance claimed by MBNA is over £5k will this make it easier

or harder for them to take me to court and is it more serious?

Once again, many thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

I came into this world with nothing and I still have most of it left.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bozalt, subscribed to you thread now.

You tear off slip does look very much the same as mine although my signature box is at the bottom of the page and yours isnt.

also mine is SIGNED but this is apparently likely to be my APPLICATION FORM and is a copy of a microfiche which is likely that they have scanned it on their systems and shredded the originals as per their mo.

I had a big panic last night as you will see from my thread over the bit above the signature (in your case no signature) unless you took it out online?

which said I have received a copy of and agree to be bound by the MBNA credit card terms and conditions and I undertand that I am responsibile for paying any balances due on my credit card.

I thought this meant for sure that I had signed to say that my terms and conditions didnt have to be in the four corners of the doc as creditcardmug and banker rhymes had advised me along with ragtaggeorge

but it turned out that terms and conditions are different from prescribed terms and conditons as far as cca 74 is concerned.

I noticed that your slip does not have the correct heading either

which is a good point for court defence

It says Credit agreement when it should stated Credit CARD agreement,

take a look at my thread so Banker doesnt have to repeat himself.

. Not sure about the charges issue my tear off slip states the charges are 25.00 and they are now 12.00 but dont know what charge they put on my terms and conds which they sent separately going to take a look after Eastenders!

Is it just me or is this thread coming up super size huge when you click into it?

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

Thanks Muffintop thats excellent, useful and much appreciated information , my signature is on the front sheet but I removed it to avoid identification. I will follow your thread and watch for updates.

Good luck with the battle!

Thanks

ps. Images were too large so have removed them!

hiya bozalt

looks like yours is similar to mine, and muffintops

ive subbed to muffins thread too

it appears quite a lot of us here are getting the same type of paperwork, ive disputed the legibility of mine and was stopped with a final responce from mbna and now they are calling and writing that i must contact them

yeah likely not - lol

so now im seeing what their next move is, ive not paid them for 3 months now and i want to see if they now sell debt - am sussing my options whether i should start a court action and taking the ball to them so to speak but just a thought for now

will be back later and good luck in your endeavours

laters angel x:cool:

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi Angel

Thanks for your reply, they do look similar indeed.

I have been paying a reduced amount for about 9 months now but have stopped these and placed the account in dispute.

I have subscribed to your thread but wondered if you have a copy of the letter you sent in relation the CCA you received so I could send something similar?

Thanks for your help!

Dear

Thank you for your letter dated 25 November 2008 and the attached documents in response to my Statutory Requests for true copies of the properly executed Regulated Consumer Credit Card Agreements in relation to both alleged Accounts

Unfortunately neither responses have produced any evidence that either of the Agreements are Enforceable.

Both of the alleged Agreements appear to be unenforceable for

the following reasons:

1. Both documents are Application Forms and neither carry the correct title if they are to be considered suitable as becoming Agreements once properly executed. The missing Title being 'Credit Card Agreement Regulated by The Consumer Credit Act 1974.'

2. I am entitled to receive a true copy of the Agreements and such true copies must be easily legible. Neither agreement is a true copy, nor are they easily legible. Various parts of the copies are defaced and obscured by barcode stickers, random signatures. Both are also hard to read due to poor quality copying. Furthermore, one of your Signatures appears to be within the Debtor's Signature Box.

3. The

Agreements must contain the prescribed terms within the four corners of the

Agreement, neither agreement has the prescribed terms within the four corners and furthermore no where on the front is there any reference to terms and conditions being on the reverse.

You should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY

action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to a third party.

* You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit including but not limited to Trading Standards, the Office of Fair Trading, the Information Commissioners Office, The Financial Ombudsman Service and my MP .

If you have the original of my alleged Agreements available I request that I be allowed to view them at your offices so I can verify them as the alleged documents that I signed.

I must also remind you that any court action you may choose to take would require you to produce the original of the alleged Agreements.

I look forward to hearing from you within the next 7 days.

Until such time as you comply with my Statutory Requests, both alleged Accounts remain in dispute.

Yours sincerely

Is this the letter your looking for when they have sent a pokey cca and you want to go onto the next step, this is from a wise persons thread not sure who of the top of my head but sure they wont mind me sharing, you will have to change it somewhat as this relates to two accounts with same creditor. send recorded del and keep the copy check its been delivered and note the date they had it, keep a file for your paperwork.

Angel, let me know if you go to next base and take them to court, I think I would rather do this and take the bull by the horns and get it over and done with one way or the other, take it your looking at small claims court.under 5k

Edited by citizenB
Removed annoying font formatting commands

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Thanks Muffintop thats excellent, useful and much appreciated information , my signature is on the front sheet but I removed it to avoid identification. I will follow your thread and watch for updates.

Good luck with the battle!

Thanks

ps. Images were too large so have removed them!

Bozalt they were really big and was good to look at but think it messed up the whole thread, it would be good idea to put them back on in smaller form, I had a lot of trouble with this initially but use photobucket with a lot of guidance and scanned docs then downloaded to photobucket then you can highlight the direct link and put the link on thread for people to click into. Feel a bit better than you had a signature but blanked it with white paper, I was dim to begin with and didnt... but then blacked my out.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

hiya Bozalt

many thanks for your welcome, i was going to post a letter here but looks like muffintop beat me, lol

that letter seems better than mine only thing i enforced more was the inlegible bit

see below, take and mix it up a bit to your personal circumstances etc

All you have sent for each alleged account is a document, which is illegible and therefore not compliant with the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1557), your attention is drawn to regulation 2 (1) which sets out how copy documents must be presented

Notwithstanding the fact that the documents sent are illegible and incomplete they do not appear clear for me to read if they contain the prescribed terms contained within Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553). Without production of the compliant executed agreements I am unable to asses if I am indeed liable for any alleged debts to you, nor does it give me any chance to evaluate whether any original agreements were ‘properly executed’.

The documents that you are obliged to send me are true copies of the properly executed Agreements that contained all of the prescribed terms, all other required terms and statutory notices and was signed by both your company and myself as defined in section 61(1) of CCA 74 and subsequent Statutory Instruments. If the executed agreements contained any reference to any other document, you are also obliged to send me a copy of that document. In addition a full statement of these accounts should have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the accounts.

you could add bits of mine to muffintops and see what you end up with without duplicating info. Hope that makes sense

laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Thanks to you both, I will send a letter disputing validity of the CCA and see what happens.

Watch this space!!!

:):):)

• 1 month later...

With the information kindly provided by Muffintop and Angel I sent the following letter to MBNA via 1st credit and received acknowledgement but still no reply although it hasnt stopped first credit from calling me.

Thank you for your letter dated XX and the attached document in response to my statutory request for a true copy of the properly executed Regulated Consumer Credit Card Agreement.

The alleged agreement appears to be unenforceable for the following reasons;

1. The document is an application form and does not carry the correct title if it is to be considered suitable as becoming an agreement once properly executed. The missing title being 'Credit Card Agreement Regulated by The Consumer Credit Act 1974.'

2 The document that you are obliged to send me is a true copy of the properly executed agreement that contains all of the prescribed terms, all other required terms and statutory notices and was signed by both the creditor and myself as defined in section 61(1) of CCA 74 and subsequent Statutory Instruments. If the executed agreements contained any reference to any other document, you are also obliged to send me a copy of that document. What you have sent for the alleged account is a document, which is illegible and therefore not compliant with the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1557), it is also unsigned by the creditor. Your attention is drawn to regulation 2 (1) which sets out how copy documents must be presented.

3. Notwithstanding the fact that the documents sent are illegible and incomplete they do not appear clear for me to read if they contain the prescribed terms contained within Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553). Without production of the compliant executed agreements I am unable to asses if I am indeed liable for any alleged debts, nor does it give me any chance to evaluate whether any original agreements were ‘properly executed’. The agreement provided does not show the prescribed terms within the four corners and furthermore nowhere on the front is there any reference to terms and conditions being on the reverse or on a separate page.

You should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY action against an account whilst it remains in dispute. The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

*You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

*You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

*You may not pass the account to a third party.

*You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

*You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit including but not limited to Trading Standards, the Office of Fair Trading, the Information Commissioners Office, The Financial Ombudsman Service and my MP .

If you have the original of my alleged agreements available I request that I be allowed to view them at your offices so I can verify them as the alleged documents that I signed.

I must also remind you that any court action you may choose to take would require you to produce the original of the alleged agreements.

I look forward to hearing from you within the next seven days.

Until such time as you comply with my requests, the alleged account remains in dispute.

MBNA have already defaulted my account, does anybody have any ideas what their next course of action would be???

Thanks

hiya bozalt

well, i would just suggest you now read as many threads as you can over mbna and 1st credit

im still fighting like a cat so to speak, but i think just to be even more of a thorn fos and oft will be hearing from me now

been defaulted too so im learning still myself

ANYway,,have reread your thread and posts again , and tonight it finally dawned on me that mine also states Credit AGreement reg by the consumer credit act 1974.... id read that the title really should be Credit Card Agreement etc, but unitl tonight didnt notice until i looked at mine again so huge thanks,,,

keep positive for now

laters angel x

Edited by angel_1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello experienced Caggers

I received the attached letter, reproduce below, from 1st Credit in response to my letter querying the validity of the CCA supplied and legibility.

It seems that MBNA/1st Credit now want me to supply a copy of the alleged agreement and claim the onus is not on them to provide a true copy.

I would really appreciate any assistance is drafting a reply, I am inclined to think this proves they do not hold a valid CCA that could be produced in court.

Many thanks:D

I ^credit 1Osm Cnibdus LBmuiiltdeidniT he

Lesbourne Road Reigate Surrey RH2 7JP

Tel: 0870 164204 Fax: 0870 1642071

Dear

Ref:

Assigned account from MBNA - £XXXX

We refer to your letter dated XXXXXXX.

We have increased the size of the document for ease of reference and enclose a copy. We will deal with the matters raised in the same order as your letter under reply.

1. That wording is on the document.

2. The prescribed terms are present in our view. You will have received a copy of the agreement in 2003 and we would appreciate receiving a true copy of that document from you.

3. Your statements conflict inasmuch as you state the document to be illegible but specifically allege it to be deficient in certain respects.

4. We do not have nor do we have to produce the original agreement.

5. We have applied for the background statements on the account and will provide these as soon as they become available.

Yours faithfully Compliance Officer

Registered No. 3752940 in England and Wales Registered Office: Hill House, 1 Little New Street, London EC4A 3TR

1st credit reply(1).pdf

hiya bozalt,,,

well this is a first ive seen such a letter,,,,what a laugh asking you to supply them a copy,,,

well the onus should be on them to provide what legal paperwork they hold to support their claim they are owed money

not sure how to help with any wording for a reply but im sure others more experienced will come along later

will check in later for any updates take care for now

laters angel x

Hi Angel

Thats exactly what I thought I have searched the forums and havent found anyone who received a similar letter.

Not quite sure how to respond as far as I can see they are unwilling/unable to provide a legible copy that adheres to Consumer Credit Regulations.

I am hoping some one with more experience than I, can advise how to respond as I guess the next step is for them to take legal action or resort to constant phone calls again???

Many thanks

hiya bozalt

well give it a chance for your thread to be seen over the weekend, normally one of the mods maybe able to help and being weekdays many expereinced people may still be at work,,,so hopefully lets wait a few more days

well yes the phone calls may start up again sorry to hear that,,, are you monitoring them, have you seen the truecall device,,, it may be useful to you

have a good day dont worry too much im sure someone will soon come along later

angel x

Hi bozalt,

Am new to this site, but have been following Angel and Muffintop's threads as OH going through very similar hassles with MBNA. Don't worry as OH has just received very similar letter stating that he should have a copy of agreement and it should have been retained for his records!! Lol Seems to be a new tactic - they ignore everything and do what they like. Have filed their letter :D

Thanks iftl, I am really hoping I can send a letter that brings this all to a conclusion you would think they would at least attempt to reply in a sensible manner.

I received a call asking me to pay and for information as to who was advising me, I told them it was none of their business so will await their next move.

Hi bolzalt!

Subbing to this thread ! I have just sent a similar letter to MBNA a few weeks pointing out defects in their alleged agreement and asking for an invite to view it i am still waiting for a reply! Me and Angel were thinking about asking MBNA to let us view our agreements on same day!and make a Caggers outing out of it! A visit to chester! LOL:DWhat a cheek them asking you to produce agreement ! LOL it is legal obligation for them not you!! Still that letter from first credit speaks volumes! LOL i suppose you could mention that you realise that under a ordinary s78 request they are not obliged to arrange an appointment for you to see original but you are astounded that they dont want too ! so that the dispute with them could be resolved once and for all and save court time! I have actually asked them to confirm that the two pieces of paper they have sent to me which they have phtographed on the same paper back and front implying but not actually saying are in fact on same document!:Dbut the fact that they have so far ignored my letter and just sent me a default notice speaks volumes!:D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi Angel!

I am getting ready for my visiters that MBNA agents and Barclayshark will probably be setting on me! Though they will be wasteing their time as i am out at work a lot of the time! |i hope i dont come home one day to see a DCAs bits splattered round our house :eek:As my husband might not like it and start waving his baseball bat round:eek:i wouldent even wish that on a DCA!still on the serious side my OH keeps door shut now and does not answer door unless he knows who it is.

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi Sunflower

Do you have a thread of your own, I would be interested to see what response you get from MBNA???

Thanks for your advice!

:-D

• Haha 1

Thanks iftl, I am really hoping I can send a letter that brings this all to a conclusion you would think they would at least attempt to reply in a sensible manner.

I received a call asking me to pay and for information as to who was advising me, I told them it was none of their business so will await their next move.

LOL, they do seem to have themselves in a muddle dont they. If you had a copy of the contract in the first place then you wouldnt have needed to request a copy. You would have irrefutable proof that the original wasnt compliant.

You are correct, it is none of their business who is advising you. They are probably still in a sulk for having been told off by the OFT.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Sunflower

Do you have a thread of your own, I would be interested to see what response you get from MBNA???

Thanks for your advice!

:-D

Hi Bozalt!

Sorrry to be a bit slow replying to your message Life has been a bit hectic lately! My MBNA thread is called redistressing calls from MBNA I am a bit of a dunce when it comes to posting up threads! LOL but if you click on my profile and then click on mini statistics a link will come up for all my threads! and a direct link to my MBNA thread is listed there!I am stil waiting for my invite to go to MBNA Chester offices to view my alleged agreement!:DThey got it about a fortnight ago so im sure i will be hearing from them soon;They sent me a default notice a short while ago so am now waiting with baited breath and cant wait to see what lovely pond feeder they pass my account onto !:DWell who ever they send it to will get my bemused letter and a request for a original agreement!and a request to view it!:D

Hi Bozalt!

Sorrry to be a bit slow replying to your message Life has been a bit hectic lately! My MBNA thread is called redistressing calls from MBNA I am a bit of a dunce when it comes to posting up threads! LOL but if you click on my profile and then click on mini statistics a link will come up for all my threads! and a direct link to my MBNA thread is listed there!

I am stil waiting for my invite to go to MBNA Chester offices to view my alleged agreement!:grin:They got it about a fortnight ago so im sure i will be hearing from them soon;They sent me a default notice a short while ago so am now waiting with baited breath and cant wait to see what lovely pond feeder they pass my account onto !:grin:

Well who ever they send it to will get my bemused letter and a request for a original agreement!and a request to view it!:grin:

Here you go Sunflower, the link to your thread.:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/153409-re-distressing-phone-call.html

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks Citizne B and Sunflower, I am certainly not the fastest to respond myself I think its a habit I developed after dealing with MBNA!!

I think at the moment I am going to ignore 1st Credit and see what background information they present, then hit them with the Sars and then a reclaim for charges to MBNA.

Hi CB!

Thanks for providing the links! I suppose i ought to try andlook at that that Cag thread the dummies guide! as i suppose as ive been on this forum several months now i ought to know how to provide links!I am still a bit of a dummy when it comes to computers and modern gadgets! My hubby is always telling me that its about time i joined the 21st century and got myself out of the 20th! LOL

Thanks Citizne B and Sunflower, I am certainly not the fastest to respond myself I think its a habit I developed after dealing with MBNA!!

I think at the moment I am going to ignore 1st Credit and see what background information they present, then hit them with the Sars and then a reclaim for charges to MBNA.

Hi bozalt!

I just received a sar from MBNA but not sure what to do with it!I have filed it away in case any of the info comes in handy or i do go down the reclaiming charges road as there are a lot of £12 default charges on it both for late payment and over the limit which i beleive can be claimed back as unfair charges,I will certainly be looking into this if MBNA or one of their pondfeeders atempt to take me to court,I must admit my mathes is not very good so i find the prospect of the task of trying to work charges out very daunting!and dont as yet know how to work them out :eek: