Muffintop v mbna

Muffintop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

tnx will dig harder to see who they are out of uk dca... my hubby got a letter from them he is mbna as well

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tnx will dig harder to see who they are out of uk dca... my hubby got a letter from them he is mbna as well

have a look at this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/173415-aegis-cca.html?highlight=aegis

from another poster who got a bit more info

laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

tnx angel, found it night now get some sleep;)

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

• 2 weeks later...

Hya guys,

Bin a bit of a lapse on my thread but can see it stepping up a pace now.

Got a letter today from a mob called RMA risk management alternatives

anyone else heard of them? r they a dmc??

anyhow it says

MBNA have instruced us to contact you to secure repayment of the overdue amount to bring your account back up to date.

Please contact us immediately to arrange for payment of the overdue amount. Failure to do so may result in your account falling further into arrears.

Perhaps it was an oversight however as a valued customer MBNA have confidence that you will pay arrears..... NOT ON YOUR NELLY

blah nblah blah if you dont we will this and that further action may be taken.

What should I do with this one? should I reinforce that I have requested my cca on date etc and not had it and until I do then forget it? are they a dmp? can I now assume my credit file will be temporarily shot... can I assume that MBNA dont have anything to send me and if they did i would have a proper copy by now.....

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

On another note MBNA has sent me a notice of important changes to my credit card terms and conditions.. not sure what this is, can they send out new terms and conditions to overule the ones when you took it out.. dont think so and its not a signature from me just them sending something out. interestly enough see the address on the prepaid envelope says

royal avenue

widnes wa88 1as

Not seen this address for MBNA before...

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

On another note MBNA has sent me a notice of important changes to my credit card terms and conditions.. not sure what this is, can they send out new terms and conditions to overule the ones when you took it out.. dont think so and its not a signature from me just them sending something out. interestly enough see the address on the prepaid envelope says

royal avenue

widnes wa88 1as

Not seen this address for MBNA before...

Hi Muffintop! RMA was set on me shortly after i stopped paying MBNA what they wanted!They are a bunch of clowns!:DThey send lovely postcards warning you that their agents are going to call on you!but they never do! Well that was what i was told and even though i got a postcard about someone from RMA going to call on me no one turned up.They are terrible telephone pests though and love to haress people on the phone even more then MBNA!i hope they have not got your work number! As they love to haress people at their work place.When RMA were on my case they kept phonning me several times a day at work telling all my colleagues who they were! Once my boss called me in his office and told me that RMA had phoned ten times in the space of one day!in spite of the fact that he told them i did not take calls at work and did not wish to speak to them ! and also constantly phoned my home.However i got rid of them when both me and my boss sent them telephone harrsement letters!:DThey dropped me like a hot potato after that and iwhen they informed me that MBNA had asked them to take on my case i just ignored them and did not bother to comunicate with them at all!and ignored all telephone calls!:Dto be honest i dont think they were worth bothering with and using your energy on as they seem to give up eventually when they can see they get no where with you! They are a joke! If you send them a telephone harrasement letter i think you will find they give up on you and are frightened of people who know their rights! only thing is that if they got your work phone number they could cause you a lot of embarresement and humiliation at work until you tell them where to get of.If you read my earlier posts on my MBNA thread you will see some references to their behaviour!

Edited by sunflower99

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hya guys,

anyhow it says

MBNA have instruced us to contact you to secure repayment of the overdue amount to bring your account back up to date.

Please contact us immediately to arrange for payment of the overdue amount. Failure to do so may result in your account falling further into arrears.

Perhaps it was an oversight however as a valued customer MBNA have confidence that you will pay arrears..... NOT ON YOUR NELLY

What should I do with this one? should I reinforce that I have requested my cca on date etc and not had it and until I do then forget it? are they a dmp? can I now assume my credit file will be temporarily shot... can I assume that MBNA dont have anything to send me and if they did i would have a proper copy by now.....

Hi Muffintop! Snap! i got an identical letter from RMA!:rolleyes:

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi m

Nothing new to report , apart from they dont want to fully comply with my DSAR request only supplying basic info and the same copies of CCA'S.

I wrote to them asking if they had any more documents or info on me in their file, and if they havent, i would like a letter from a senior member of MBNA staff signed to that effect.

I got a letter back stating they have no more info on me, and they wont enter into any more correspondence on the matter, so no DN no notice of asignment, what a quality outfit they are.

on your queston no havent had no dealings with RMA yet, and as they are not corresponding with me any more maybe i wont. ( REALLY)

Thanks GG

Hi Muffintop! RMA was set on me shortly after i stopped paying MBNA what they wanted!They are a bunch of clowns!:DThey send lovely postcards warning you that their agents are going to call on you!but they never do! Well that was what i was told and even though i got a postcard about someone from RMA going to call on me no one turned up.They are terrible telephone pests though and love to haress people on the phone even more then MBNA!i hope they have not got your work number! As they love to haress people at their work place.When RMA were on my case they kept phonning me several times a day at work telling all my colleagues who they were! Once my boss called me in his office and told me that RMA had phoned ten times in the space of one day!in spite of the fact that he told them i did not take calls at work and did not wish to speak to them ! and also constantly phoned my home.However i got rid of them when both me and my boss sent them telephone harrsement letters!:DThey dropped me like a hot potato after that and iwhen they informed me that MBNA had asked them to take on my case i just ignored them and did not bother to comunicate with them at all!and ignored all telephone calls!:Dto be honest i dont think they were worth bothering with and using your energy on as they seem to give up eventually when they can see they get no where with you! They are a joke! If you send them a telephone harrasement letter i think you will find they give up on you and are frightened of people who know their rights! only thing is that if they got your work phone number they could cause you a lot of embarresement and humiliation at work until you tell them where to get of.If you read my earlier posts on my MBNA thread you will see some references to their behaviour!

Hey Sunflower, it would be rather funny if they ring me at work... I work for the Police should be intesting. Glad you guys have had lettes from these people as we can stick together on it. By the way I rang Trading standards about the telephone harassment and they have referred it to their enforcement officer,, interesting to see what happens next if anything

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Hi m

Nothing new to report , apart from they dont want to fully comply with my DSAR request only supplying basic info and the same copies of CCA'S.

I wrote to them asking if they had any more documents or info on me in their file, and if they havent, i would like a letter from a senior member of MBNA staff signed to that effect.

I got a letter back stating they have no more info on me, and they wont enter into any more correspondence on the matter, so no DN no notice of asignment, what a quality outfit they are.

on your queston no havent had no dealings with RMA yet, and as they are not corresponding with me any more maybe i wont. ( REALLY)

Thanks GG

Whats your next move now Guzzle, is dsar a data protection sar? surely they have to comply as info comissioner guidelines?? are you saying you have had partial sar and they have refused to send all the info you have requested? will pop over to your thread again to take a look

Edited by Muffintop
got it wrong

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

By way I have already requsted a sar from mbna in Dec but decided that I specifically wanted to put in it that I wanted any info on any default notices that may have been sent out by them, saw that they sneekily say they have sent them out but dont and next you hear its at court. I decided that If i sent them a revised reminder for sar then I could show any court that I had requested it (info on any defaults)and they failed to supply it.

Sunflower, Guzzle, have you checked out your credit files yet?

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Hya guys,

anyhow it says

bumping on this question

are they a dmp and should I write to them stating I want a copy of my cca as requested from mbna back in nov

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

I think RMA are an internal DCA for MBNA. And yes you just need to let them know that MBNA are in default of your CCA request.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Thanks Goldlady.

Will a copy of this be ok? its a bit of a novice mish mash of whats been sent to MBNA. Will hold of sending it till its been looked over for anything key I should add or take away.

Shouldnt MBNA let me know they have passed it to someone else to deal with?

Dear Sir

Re: Account Number

Thank you for your letter dated . I enclose copy letters sent to MBNA requesting my Statutory Requests for true copies of the properly executed Regulated Consumer Credit Card Agreements in relation to my alleged account.

Unfortunately no response has yet produced any evidence that this Agreement is Enforceable.

As you know the Prescribed Terms cannot be within another document and the copy of my current terms and conditions has clearly been printed off separately and shows flaws to this effect as well as not adhering to my request. I have requested the ORIGINAL copy of my agreement which WOULD be required to be produce in court. A second page of Terms taken from another document is NOT acceptable evidence that an Enforceable Agreement exists or has ever existed.

You should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY action against an account whilst it remains in dispute and MBNA have not contacted me to say you are now dealing with my case.

The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

• You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.
  • You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.
  • You may not pass the account to a third party.
  • You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency
  • You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit including but not limited to Trading Standards, the Office of Fair Trading, the Information Commissioners Office, The Financial Ombudsman Service.

If you have THE ORIGINAL of the alleged Agreement available, I request that I be allowed to view it at your offices so I can verify it as the Alleged documents that I signed.

I look forward to hearing from you within the next 7 days.

Until such time as you or MBNA comply with my Statutory Requests, my account remains in dispute.

Yours sincerely,

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Letter seems pretty good to me; don't put yourself down - it doesn't read as from a novice at all:)

Might it be worth adding something to the effect that doctoring documents and attempting to pass them off as an original constitutes fraud (imply rather than directly accuse)? Might be worth mentioning your professional contacts as well:D;)

Hi m

Yes it was the full SAR request, and then sent a letter asking for a senior member of staff to sign a letter stating that they have no other documents on file for me. And have received letter stating this.

I dont see what else i can do, prob going to send a stern letter to inform them they defaulted me with no default notice and sold the account with no notice of assignment, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks GG

thanks I will amend it a little, might say I have taken some legal advice on the issue so they dont think Im scared of them im still waiting for a sar request from them as well so will add something from that end.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Hi m

Yes it was the full Subject Access Request request, and then sent a letter asking for a senior member of staff to sign a letter stating that they have no other documents on file for me. And have received letter stating this.

I dont see what else i can do, prob going to send a stern letter to inform them they defaulted me with no default notice and sold the account with no notice of assignment, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks GG

If they haved failed to provide a satisfactory sar after your request this is a data protection issue, have you rung the information commissioner and made a formal complaint online...

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Surely Thats Their Problem Not Yours, Are They Not Required By Law To Keep 6 Years Of Data? What Did The Info Comissioner Say When You Rang? I Could Very Well Be In Same Situ As You Soon As They Have Not Responded To My Sar Request. Thought You Could Then Go On To Take They To Court On This One? Have You Tried Pm Ing The Expert Caggers, Banker, Rory, Creditcardmug, Steven For Their View

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Hey Sunflower, it would be rather funny if they ring me at work... I work for the Police should be intesting. Glad you guys have had lettes from these people as we can stick together on it. By the way I rang Trading standards about the telephone harassment and they have referred it to their enforcement officer,, interesting to see what happens next if anything

Hi Muffintop!

Yes that would give RMA a shock when they got out through to the police! At least the police will have the evidence first hand!LOL:DI have not requested any credit reports yet!:eek:

Unfortunately I have got the stance on the protection from harassment and a company cannot harass you under this act as a criminal offence, they will just not take it on, however I can see if they rang and rang and rang me at work something would be done and their phone calls would all be recorded. As it goes they have only text me once and written to me once.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

GOT A PROBLEM GUYS....

Mbna have send me a letter today in response to my sar request as I wanted to make sure they hadnt sent any default notices that they hadnt even sent if you get my drift.

They wont send me my sar for security reasons until i provide positive id with my signature, they will not accept that they send my statements to home address and say that they must have copy of my usual signature as proof or they will not send this and will assume I dont want the information.

What shall I do??? can they do this???? who will back me up, the information comissioner is about as good as a chocolate tea pot with complaints... can someone assist me pse getting twitchy

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Not sure if this applies to a Subject Access Request too???....

"I draw your attention to the fact that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 does not require that I supply you a copy of my signature before you comply with my S77/78 request."
Or sign and print todays date over the top of it.

Or use a handwriting font in MS Word. (loads free to download on t'internet :)