Virgin Media £20 name change

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

Just looking for any advice any one has of dealing with VM.

Basically my OH had broadband from NTL many moons ago but no longer needed it so his brother took over the account. Although the account is still in OH's name, the direct debit comes out of his brother's account.

Last month, brother missed a payment and got a letter for it. This is now payed but my issue is that this could go against OH's credit rating at a time when we are trying to get on the housing market!

OH rang VM today to get account name changed but was told this would cost £20. How is this fair when it is just the account's forename that needs changing, all other details remain the same!!

Anyone got any ides on how to get this fee waived? I was wondering about going down the data protection act route as the information is incorrect and they must have a duty to change it?

Any help much appreciated!

Twinkle :)

If OH is out of contract is there any reason why he couldn't cancel and then his brother set up a brand new account.

As his brother would be a new customer there is every chance he would get a better deal anyway

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

If OH is out of contract is there any reason why he couldn't cancel and then his brother set up a brand new account.

As his brother would be a new customer there is every chance he would get a better deal anyway

Thanks for your reply Dave.

I didn't think of that! He's had it well over a year so I would think he would be out of contract. I will let him know! :D

I had this many years ago with NTL. They wouldnt budge and I eventually told them to stick there service where the sun dont shine and I went elsewhere. That was from the previous tenants name to my name. I would never use Virgin/NTL again.

I think what Dave has said will be the best option.

I'd send them a back-dated invoice for £20 re: their Telewest name-change!

If you are doing that you might as well request £40 as first in 2006 the intervidual companies merged to form NTL Telewest, then in 2007 to Virgin Media, so that is two name changes they have had for free!:lol:

• Haha 1

Andrew

ASI Industries = As i in does tries!

As i in does tries!: My definition.

I will try, i may never succeed in the goal, but at least by trying i have a greater chance of success than never trying at all!

My opinions are my own & occasionally may offend, but it is not my intention to cause offence in the first place!

I'd send them a back-dated invoice for £20 re: their Telewest name-change!

If you are doing that you might as well request £40 as first in 2006 the intervidual companies merged to form NTL Telewest, then in 2007 to Virgin Media, so that is two name changes they have had for free!:lol:

You pair of geniuses!! Scales tipped accordingly :D