Connaught/Worst Cretins

stabradop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excuse me for tagging onto this thread.

A friend of mine got a letter from connaught stating they were going to make him insolvent because he owed them a shade over £2000.

In total he's got about £11k worth of debt but all creditors have accepted token payments, except connaught.

He's been down to the local court and file his affidavit (did this before he spoke to me) so has acknowledged the debt, I think. Spoke to him at the weekend and he says he has a court date for 6th July to see if he's going to be made bankrupt or not.

Does this sound right to anyone?

Bankruput him over a £2k debt?

Excuse me for tagging onto this thread.

A friend of mine got a letter from connaught stating they were going to make him insolvent because he owed them a shade over £2000.

In total he's got about £11k worth of debt but all creditors have accepted token payments, except connaught.

He's been down to the local court and file his affidavit (did this before he spoke to me) so has acknowledged the debt, I think. Spoke to him at the weekend and he says he has a court date for 6th July to see if he's going to be made bankrupt or not.

Does this sound right to anyone?

Bankruput him over a £2k debt?

anything over 750 quid

If your freind has that amount of debt that he can't realistically pay and has no assets it may be worth considering someone making him BR as this would save him the fees.

He's a self employed builder, so at the moment he can't pay. However he's certainly not hiding and is making token offers. However the guy at connaught was incredibly rude and basically said he didn't give a sh*t

it'll never happen,

Tell your friend to go for costs when they dont turn up at court

You that confident they won't turn up?

What happens in the long run if they don't, can they try again?

He's a self employed builder, so at the moment he can't pay. However he's certainly not hiding and is making token offers. However the guy at connaught was incredibly rude and basically said he didn't give a sh*t

You that confident they won't turn up?

What happens in the long run if they don't, can they try again?

Yes I am that confident that they wont turn up, they abuse the system with complete impunity and on the balance of it probably scare more people into paying with their threats of bankruptcy. the few who arent scare represent a small outlay compared to the profits they make.

If this threat of theirs doesn't work and they have to pursue the matter through court then they would have to fork out dosh to declare someone bankrupt and then they would get nothing at all, as the bankrupt would simply include this debt in the bankruptcy.

It's an absolutely ludicrous system and your friend should use the same system against them - if they try again, then not only do you defend again - and go for costs again, but you use the fact that they are repeatedly harrassing your friend. :D

Thanks for the info, it will certainly go a ways to putting his mind at ease.

Out of interest, how does he go about claiming costs and what would be acceptable?

**Edit** Spoke to him again this morning to confirm something and it's a petition for bankrupcy that he's been served with. Has a court date of July 6th.

One of his main concerns is losing his house. We're not sure how much equity, if any, he has but I've suggested he gets it valued ASAP to be certain. With a wife and 3 kids to support he's a little worried about it all.

Edited by lsba02853
Addition

• 2 months later...

Just phoned them. Told them that their CCA time ran out at the beginning of the year, advised them that both they and 1st Gimps have both told me that they have no paper. Was told that it will be referred back to 1st Gimps again. When will these idiots leave me alone?

Don't believe it! Got a text message from Conartists reiterating the contents of the above mentioned letter. First time they have tried phone contact, albeit by text. Beginning to get a tad annoyed now.

Any advice on action to take please? They know that they cannot legally pursue me but are going on anyway. A visit to their office perhaps....?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok further update.

Just had a call from 1st Credit, they have a new tactic now of ringing your mobile and if you answer you have to press 1 and get through to someone, that's when I found out it was.

1st Credit now say that they have a copy of the agreement which they are going to send to me. Now bearing in mind I CCA'd them back in December via Connaught and both parties said that they did not have an agreement so they are well beyond their time limits.

Does anyone have any idea what to do next? If the agreement has the fake signature that was on my CCA letter I have them by the danglies, but if it doesn't then I am unsure on how to proceed.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Just had this through the door, bit of a laugh as the monkey who I spoke to yesterday said that she had an agreement in front of her but hasn't sent it along with this, she also tried to get me to confirm my address as well, which is a bit daft as they have just written to me. I attach a scanned and edited copy.

Any comments?

Ta in advance

1stcdtltr9octrecd16edited.jpg