Debt Collection Agencies Won't Give Details

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All

I have requested my account details from 4 separate debt collection agencies who worked on behalf of RBOS. They (the DCA's) have forwarded my letters to the RBOS and refuse to give me the information I requested directly.

The RBOS have intercepted these letters and are dealing with my requests themselves. This looks pretty shady to me as the account is in a right mess and I think they are trying to cover their tracks!

Any advice?

Milly

If they're only handling the case on behalf of RBS, then they're following the correct procedure.

What you can do, is issue each DCA with a DPA (don't forget the fee and photocopy of passport) asking for a full disclosure about your account including all written and electronic communication with the client about your account.

Sample letter:

XXXXXX

XXXXXX

XXXXXX

Wescot Credit Services Ltd.

P.O Box 137

Dunedin House

45 Percy street

Hull

HU2 8HF

Date here.

Data Protection Act disclosure request

Dear Sir/Madam

Wescot account number XXXXXXXXXX

Client : Goldfish

Client ref no. XXXXXXXXXXX

Please supply me with a complete disclosure of all information Wescot Credit Services Ltd. hold on file regarding myself and my account

I require copies of all correspondence regarding this account, both internal and external to the client or any other interested parties. I require copies of all written as well as electronic correspondence, notes and documentation.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10 and a photocopy of my current passport. You have 40 days in which to comply.

Yours faithfully,

XXXXXX

If the name of the claim is blue and underlined, click it to see how I did it.

• Halifax - 1st Request for £3748.80 sent 10/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Goldfish - Unable to comment further, have a read

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Yes car credit - LBA sent 19/07 Court Action launched 26/09

• HFC Bank - 1st Request for £100 sent 06/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

Like what I said? Hit the scales on the top right of my post. Cheers

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

Help the site, donate 5%, I have.

If they're only handling the case on behalf of RBS, then they're following the correct procedure.

What you can do, is issue each DCA with a Data Protection Act (don't forget the fee and photocopy of passport) asking for a full disclosure about your account including all written and electronic communication with the client about your account.

Sample letter:

Otherwise you goto the information commissioner.

• 2 weeks later...

i have quite alot of different debt collection agencies after me but dont know how to go about chasing these people for my money as i never actually paid them as io couldnt afford to so just got myself into more trouble and knackered my credit history forever what do i do and can i handle so many different cases as others are doing