Phone call from Regency Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5657 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner recently had a voice mail off Regency Credit asking him personally to call them..... no other details.

He left some debts behind when he moved abroad with his then wife, he is now in UK and hasn't heard from anyone in 1-2 years.

Could this be them closing in?

If so what should he do, i said wait to see if you actually get anything in writing.

His wife is abroad.

He is contemplating bankruptcy if it all comes to light, but that means she will be bankrupt also and unsure how that will work with her in NZ.

He cant even remember what he owes and to who but its the usual credit card, loan overdraft debts.

I am due to go bankrupt myself in Jan. Maybe we'll both end up doing it.

Any advise would be great.

:-)

Thanks, we thought it could have been to do with his bank account, that he hadn't paid for awhile, but has recently set up an agreed payment plan with them. So it's not that.

Funny his number is payasyougo. Wonder where they got it from?

Do banks share info with other groups? I know some banks are under the same group.

When he purchased did you give your name and address? If so this will have gone onto a mobile phone number register of some sort (I don't even know myself).

I discovered this for one of my phones for which I had given my name and address because the salesman wanted it 'for the receipt'. I rang the phone company and said I wanted to give my phone to a friend and could they change the name over which was fine. The good part (at least as far as I was concerned) was that this has to be done in two steps - firstly you have your name removed, and then you wait twenty-four hours while their database updates (or something like that). Secondly the new owner rings up and gives his/her details. Somehow I forgot the second bit :).

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

IIRC on the older PAYG accounts the 'phone companies enticed you to register the phone when you activated the sim card by offering some free credit.

If his present number isn't essential just get another sim card for the phone. Chances are the details the DCA have are out of date, but with a different no. at least he won't be pestered by them;)

Edited by cerberusalert